Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Dublin over-rated and over-hyped.  I can't see anything but a Tyrone win.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Tyrone struggled badly against Donegal's defense, being pressured into a load of wides in the first half and making little headway at all in the second. Didn't they struggle withshooting last year too against Dublin, who also pull men back? Why are people so sure the same thing won't happen tomorrow?

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyCake on August 05, 2011, 09:58:07 PM

I've seen this said a couple of times? Who is over hyping Dublin? I think the hype is extremely minor this time around.

Whishtup

Yip, the defence is definitely dodgy-should make for a good game tomorrow.  Hopefully Donnelly and Harte can continue their gradually improving form.  Mickey seems to have opted for speed-a nice option to have that wasn't there last year.  Dublin unknown quantity as they haven't really had to flex their muscles yet.  butterflies... 

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 05, 2011, 10:46:28 PM

I've seen this said a couple of times? Who is over hyping Dublin? I think the hype is extremely minor this time around.

All the Nordies have said there is no point in us turning up. Every media outlet and journalist seems to have gone for Tyrone.

All the Dublin posters (apart from the eternal optimist Dubsforsam) have said Tyrone will win.

Who exactly are these people hyping up Dublin?

Tyrones own

Tyrone handy enough in the end 2-12 - 1-11.
Looking forward to it now!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

sam03/05

Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2011, 10:50:16 PM

All the Nordies have said there is no point in us turning up. Every media outlet and journalist seems to have gone for Tyrone.

All the Dublin posters (apart from the eternal optimist Dubsforsam) have said Tyrone will win.

listened to Newstalk last night - didnt give Tyrone a chance - too many miles on the legs etc. All the pundits on Sunday game went for Dublin, indeed most media pundits tipping dublin.

ONeill

Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2011, 10:50:16 PM

90%ish of pundits I've read are favouring the Dubs, as are the bookies.

Blowitupref

RTE,Hoganstand previews have gone for Tyrone to win while other GAA forums have mostly tipped Tyrone as well. Unlike other years i don't see/hear much Dublin hype this time & that can only help their cause.

As for the bookies maybe they not convinced by Tyrone as won matches they were expected to win while tomorrow is the first big test since the Ulster knock out & if they get past Dublin they will be favourites to beat Donegal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

Jinxy

Quote from: bigfrank on August 05, 2011, 09:53:49 PM
When dublin get someone big enuf or strong enuf to handle hughes send him out to battle....other wise put ur violins away and be glad of a leinster title....

He's not even that big or strong.
If Tyrone didn't employ the midget swarm they wouldn't win any ball around the middle.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Siggy