Pulled Threads

Started by Gaaboardmod3, August 25, 2010, 02:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaaboardmod3

Hi All,

You may have noticed a few threads related to a company being moved today, apologies for the delay there. Please see this rule..

7. Spamming
   Links to viruses, spam posts or marketing will not be allowed and bans will result.

Occasionally a board member may request, from gaaboard (admin) or the moderators, permission to post information/advice about their own business or club, and these
   will be accomodated where possible. This rule is designed to stop touts, or spammers abusing the site.

We have, and I'm sure will have, no problem with clubs or established board members occasionally requesting to put up notes about fundraisers, or something that is helpful to the clubs or of interest to board members. As long as this is not abused, and is okayed, there is no problem there, see the Cooley Kickhams and Ardee tournament/draws for example.

This is obviously a different flavour of post, and to post it 5 times in different sections of the board is taking it too far, so they have been removed.

Thanks

the Deel Rover

Well ya took your time mod3  ;) . Anyway them threads have put me off buying any of the gear :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

oakleafgael

You could give GAA Punter the same kick up the hole with his constant links to sportsnewsireland. Im sure he isnt doing it for the good of his health.

Gaaboardmod3

I'm sure he isn't, but in fairness it seems to be of interest or use to the board members. If a significant amount object to them as spamming, we can look at it.

Dinny Breen

GAA Punter has killed the latest scores thread  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

Dougal

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 25, 2010, 03:31:51 PM

starting to go off topic,but ye its dead now.manys a time i used to come on here,on my fone,when i hadnt any other access to the net,to check up on scores.now i only get a link that i cant view on my fone.  >:( >:(
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

spuds

Used to be fierce handy for the latest scores and quick results instead of having to go via the link.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ONeill

I'm starting to miss the Canterbury guy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

GAA punter has to work for sportsnewsireland
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

oakleafgael

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 25, 2010, 03:31:51 PM

Dinny,

Stone dead. Drici is the only man for the scoreboard.

AZOffaly

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on August 25, 2010, 03:57:32 PM
GAA punter has to work for sportsnewsireland

The prosecution rests
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Common lads Gaa punter has done well promoting sportsnewsireland sure how many of us heard of that site before? job done i say  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RMDrive

It's all right promoting his site nut FFS he comes on here to get the updates! Not only is he using the site to promote a business but he's using GAAboard as a source as well. Down with that sort of thing I say.