Tyrone vs Kerry 86 03 05 08 with tribute to Paul and Cormac

Started by Baile an tuaigh, April 08, 2010, 12:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

Fear, give her dixie and all the other hard core Tyrone fans. I made these wee clips of the best of the action. Its over three videos but you should be able to follow the links. Music might be a bit cheesey.

Hope youse like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjSmiNDhzNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMc3W3pug4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnlL3klciw8

Tryed to get it finished for the league game but coudn't find the 2003 semi final anywhere.

orangeman

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 08, 2010, 12:49:30 PM
Fear, give her dixie and all the other hard core Tyrone fans. I made these wee clips of the best of the action. Its over three videos but you should be able to follow the links. Music might be a bit cheesey.

Hope youse like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjSmiNDhzNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMc3W3pug4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnlL3klciw8

Tryed to get it finished for the league game but coudn't find the 2003 semi final anywhere.

Brilliant footage.

Kerry Mike

Just for the record the final score in 1986 was Kerry 2-15 Tyrone 1-10.

Some of the young Tyrone bucks here may not have known what a hammering ye took in that second half. What a race for the match ball at the final whistle, Paidi never ran so fast beating Jacko to the prize. When you have 8 All Irelands in the arse pocket its the small things in life that count ;)

The video clips stopped playing for me after that some technical issue.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

jodyb

Quote from: Kerry Mike on April 08, 2010, 09:16:17 PM
Just for the record the final score in 1986 was Kerry 2-15 Tyrone 1-10.

Some of the young Tyrone bucks here may not have known what a hammering ye took in that second half. What a race for the match ball at the final whistle, Paidi never ran so fast beating Jacko to the prize. When you have 8 All Irelands in the arse pocket its the small things in life that count ;)

The video clips stopped playing for me after that some technical issue.

:D :D

ONeill

Could watch that 2003 pack of hounds clip over and over.

Well done.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kerry Mike

there was about 47 frees to Kerry in that one clip alone in '03 and not a fecking one given but yerra the great thing is we tried to play our way out of it ;) and we have 4 Sams since then.

Any chance of adding in a few clips from the bating we gave ye in the first half in Omagh in last year's league  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Kerry Mike on April 08, 2010, 09:40:41 PM
there was about 47 frees to Kerry in that one clip alone in '03 and not a fecking one given but yerra the great thing is we tried to play our way out of it ;) and we have 4 Sams since then.

Any chance of adding in a few clips from the bating we gave ye in the first half in Omagh in last year's league  :P

Aye it's the small things you have to grasp too...
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ziggysego

Quote from: Kerry Mike on April 08, 2010, 09:40:41 PM

And the win this year? :P

Looking forward to watching these. Buffering at the moment.

PS I'm SOOO sorry, I clean forgot to send you the DVDs. Freakin' head on me like a sieve.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Maith thú ar fad a Bhaile an Tuaigh, go raibh míle maith agat.

Brought a tear to my eye though... for that pitiful and merciless humiliation of the Kingdom in the 2003 semi-final, what a heart-rending sight!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

What an excellent piece of footage to have - thanks very much Bhaile an Tuaigh.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Watched the 2003 footage yesterday and can't get it out of my head. The pace, youth and vibrancy is unreal.

Was a time when absolute confidence was placed in a very young generation of players by a manager. Sad to say, but IMO these days the younger players aren't instilled with the same confidence by the side line. Don't think there's even a 3 strike rule til they're culled.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 09, 2010, 09:33:47 PM
Watched the 2003 footage yesterday and can't get it out of my head. The pace, youth and vibrancy is unreal.

Was a time when absolute confidence was placed in a very young generation of players by a manager. Sad to say, but IMO these days the younger players aren't instilled with the same confidence by the side line. Don't think there's even a 3 strike rule til they're culled.

Did you ever consider that they're maybe just not as good. A lot of the players in 03 had an All Ireland Minor and two U21 titles under their belt and were 22/23 by that stage. Harte has given minor winners such as Mulgrew and Colm Cavanagh multiple chances.

If your good enough you get on. The likes of Justy McMahon have proved that you can breakthrough if your good enough. Lots of players have been given chances in this years league. They may not make it this year but if you stick at it like Tommy McGuigan you'll get your chance when your ready.

woodie

Thoroughly enjoyed watching these clips. Some fantastic scores and passages of play. No doubt the '05 & '08 finals were the pick of this past decade. If pressed for top 3 finals of decade it would have to be '05, '08 & '02 in that order. Common denominator: Kerry beaten each day by better, hungrier side!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

S math a rinn thu Baile an tuaigh, tha seo sonraichte. The 2005 team was the best of the lot IMO, fantastic footballers all through the team and brimming with confidence and self belief. The football they played was superb and the margin of 3 points at the end flattered Kerry. That team should have won more Sams but circumstances dictated that wasnt to be the case. It was to the great credit of all involved that they were able to regroup and win in 2008 with a team that didnt look as strong as 2003 or 2005 but that came together to play some lovely football and win a deserved title. The tribute video is also very good, very moving.
What an incredible journey it has been for Tyrone football and the boys of 97/98 in particular. Perhaps those lads have another triumph in them yet ;)