Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 15, 2016, 04:24:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2016, 04:05:10 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 15, 2016, 03:49:06 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on June 15, 2016, 03:21:03 PM
I though last night was a better quality game between Loughgiel and Dunloy than the league fixture.

Main thing I've learnt across both games is that there is very little between the two sides at the minute and unlikely to change in the next couple of months.

Was a good tight game but the sending off ruined it as we where a point up at the time but it was tit for tat
Thought the second yellow was harsh and Ruined the game. Watson knew he (kevin) was on a yellow and decided to niggle him
Eamon Hasson took the bait

niggle him and he lost the rag and got sent off? no ones fault only the player that decided to react to the niggling surely?

Eamon did OK up to that no complaints
Imm not saying he had a choice
But kevin was looking for any more yellows but his man was
I couldn't have a rats a.s what you think of it
Where you there

You read my post?? You seen the question mark????????? I'm asking a question to find out cause I wasn't there... You do know that's how a question works?

It seemed to me you blamed the ref for getting him sent off because Watson was niggling him.... And Eamon took the bait, seems Kevin took the bait, hook line and sinker.... Call things as they are and stop looking for excuses, not the Dunloy thing in my book
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2016, 11:22:14 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 15, 2016, 04:24:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2016, 04:05:10 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 15, 2016, 03:49:06 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on June 15, 2016, 03:21:03 PM
I though last night was a better quality game between Loughgiel and Dunloy than the league fixture.

Main thing I've learnt across both games is that there is very little between the two sides at the minute and unlikely to change in the next couple of months.

Was a good tight game but the sending off ruined it as we where a point up at the time but it was tit for tat
Thought the second yellow was harsh and Ruined the game. Watson knew he (kevin) was on a yellow and decided to niggle him
Eamon Hasson took the bait

niggle him and he lost the rag and got sent off? no ones fault only the player that decided to react to the niggling surely?

Eamon did OK up to that no complaints
Imm not saying he had a choice
But kevin was looking for any more yellows but his man was
I couldn't have a rats a.s what you think of it
Where you there

You read my post?? You seen the question mark????????? I'm asking a question to find out cause I wasn't there... You do know that's how a question works?

It seemed to me you blamed the ref for getting him sent off because Watson was niggling him.... And Eamon took the bait, seems Kevin took the bait, hook line and sinker.... Call things as they are and stop looking for excuses, not the Dunloy thing in my book

Oh right you where not there but you have an opinion on it
Well seeing as I was there and Imm baffled as to why he received a second yellow
And you where not there but you seem to think he reacted to niggling
Can you tell me exactly what you didnt see because you where not there and that might leave me less confused

Eamon got it wrong he give two yellows for one offense
No one looking for his scalp. He had no linesman or umpires he got it wrong
You can sit there and type all you want that's the facts

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Gizzy15

Rossa seem to be quietly going well this year, the points they have dropped have been to Dunloy, Shams and Dall, them being a drew and a 1 point and 2 point defeat. would still be big outsiders for championship but if they keep moving in this direction they could cause the odd upset. Scuse seems to be getting more from them than they have showed in the last couple of years, very frustrating team because imo ability is never the lacking ingredient its usually mindset and apathy that lets them down year after year

btdtgtt

Quote from: Gizzy15 on June 16, 2016, 09:25:33 AM
Rossa seem to be quietly going well this year, the points they have dropped have been to Dunloy, Shams and Dall, them being a drew and a 1 point and 2 point defeat. would still be big outsiders for championship but if they keep moving in this direction they could cause the odd upset. Scuse seems to be getting more from them than they have showed in the last couple of years, very frustrating team because imo ability is never the lacking ingredient its usually mindset and apathy that lets them down year after year

Good to see. I think they struggled with reliance on one generation and when they hung up the sticks and there was a gap with others coming through. Close has brought that new generation to mature hopefully judging at this stage.
Worrying results from Corrigan are not as fresh. Bottom of the league and that was a big game to lose last night. Naomh Eoin need some points quickly.

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 16, 2016, 09:35:03 AM

Good to see. I think they struggled with reliance on one generation and when they hung up the sticks and there was a gap with others coming through. Close has brought that new generation to mature hopefully judging at this stage.
Worrying results from Corrigan are not as fresh. Bottom of the league and that was a big game to lose last night. Naomh Eoin need some points quickly.

I heard the other night that Gavin Bell is playing still, what age would he be now?

Two up, two down I'm being told, is that right?

NAG1

I've heard that NP has walked away from the job at Corrigan.

When are they ever going to get their house in order?

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on June 16, 2016, 09:44:56 AM
I've heard that NP has walked away from the job at Corrigan.

When are they ever going to get their house in order?

Correct on he first and God only knows on the second.

paddyjohn

Quote from: johnneycool on June 16, 2016, 09:42:08 AM

I heard the other night that Gavin Bell is playing still, what age would he be now?

Gavin Bell must be 37/38

jeremiah

He's no more than 35, was minor is 99. Paul Close back hurling this year who's a few years older

theskull1

And playing both for that matter .... that can't be easy... fair play
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gizzy15

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 16, 2016, 10:59:36 AM

Gavin Bell must be 37/38

Gavin has just turned 35 so not as old as he may look :D Scuse (Paul) on the other hand is Playing hurling, football and managing the footballersand he would be 37 coming 38

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on June 16, 2016, 11:59:44 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on June 16, 2016, 10:59:36 AM

Gavin Bell must be 37/38

Gavin has just turned 35 so not as old as he may look :D Scuse (Paul) on the other hand is Playing hurling, football and managing the footballersand he would be 37 coming 38

Only pups!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

Entertaining Countess Match tonight against our good friends round the Arch, which they won by 5. I'd safety say they must be favourites for Div 3 they are rubbish and going nowhere fast. Same poor behaviour from the same culprits ignored by the same sideline. When will they ever learn, we hit a couple of slaps as well some where due to playing about 8/9 z squad players who are slow and dare I say Carrying a little bit of timber and playing 2 goalkeepers out the field as well. The ref just wasn't interested in frees either way so it good Craic.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hand up on June 16, 2016, 10:51:57 PM
Entertaining Countess Match tonight against our good friends round the Arch, which they won by 5. I'd safety say they must be favourites for Div 3 they are rubbish and going nowhere fast. Same poor behaviour from the same culprits ignored by the same sideline. When will they ever learn, we hit a couple of slaps as well some where due to playing about 8/9 z squad players who are slow and dare I say Carrying a little bit of timber and playing 2 goalkeepers out the field as well. The ref just wasn't interested in frees either way so it good Craic.

Doing a bit of an injustice to those z squad players, they emptied the tank which is all you can ask. I was at a loose end for an hour and travelled to watch the game as I thought it would be tasty. Some nice scores from both sides but the discipline of Glenarriffe left a lot to be desired at times. Things changed when Declan McKillop came on, wasn't as much slapping then. Your right, same 4/5 lads doing the slapping.

Jesusjones

It must be hard being a lad from Glenariff who actually wants to hurl playing with 3 or 4 fellas who are only interested in slapping and starting a siege. There was as dirty as slap as I've seen in the first half from a Glenariff forward. Cowardly stuff.