The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on April 14, 2012, 01:41:10 PM
Miss of the season by big Andy by the sounds of it! ;D
You were saying?

Carmen Stateside

Better second half, although it took a bad mistake by Distin to change things.  Carroll and Suarez were impressive second half, Carroll may have missed a couple of sitters but he got about them and pressed them hard and got the goal his hard work deserved. 
So another final and the chance of more silverware, may not be all as bad as sky sports makes out !

EagleLord

Sure it was a defensive mistake onLiverpool's behalf for Everton's goal too. evens it out abit. Delighted for Caroll, shutting up a few doubters! Souness was being a tit on the stream I was watching there too, saying Carroll should be playing in the lower leagues and not in the prem, and he ends up scoring the winner in a cup semi, Souness is a dickhead.

AZOffaly

Delighted with that. Better team in the second half, and glad big Andy got a reward for another day of hard work. Interesting to note his last two winners have been in the last few minutes, which speaks well to his conditioning, despite some of the media casting aspersions in that direction.

Delighted for Kenny, and delighted for the club. It's not where we want to be in the bigger picture, but anything that adds to a confidence factor around the club is to be welcomed, and LFC will be underdogs in the final as well, which will suit perfectly.

YNWA

Carmen Stateside

No matter what the big man does from here in with his Liverpool career he will go down in the history books as the man to get a winner against Everton in a cup semi! Delighted for him, the supporters will all soften to him now.

Denn Forever

Quote from: EagleLord on April 14, 2012, 02:50:52 PM
Sure it was a defensive mistake onLiverpool's behalf for Everton's goal too. evens it out abit. Delighted for Caroll, shutting up a few doubters! Souness was being a tit on the stream I was watching there too, saying Carroll should be playing in the lower leagues and not in the prem, and he ends up scoring the winner in a cup semi, Souness is a d**khead.

I suppose this is why RTE are spposed to be trying to get Gary Neville as a pundit for the Euros
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 14, 2012, 03:47:12 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on April 14, 2012, 02:50:52 PM
Sure it was a defensive mistake onLiverpool's behalf for Everton's goal too. evens it out abit. Delighted for Caroll, shutting up a few doubters! Souness was being a tit on the stream I was watching there too, saying Carroll should be playing in the lower leagues and not in the prem, and he ends up scoring the winner in a cup semi, Souness is a d**khead.

I suppose this is why RTE are spposed to be trying to get Gary Neville as a pundit for the Euros

If anyone would know about lower league standard players donning the Red jersey, it would be Souness. He started the slide with some of the shite he put on the field at Anfield.

under the bar

QuoteSouness was being a tit on the stream I was watching there too, saying Carroll should be playing in the lower leagues and not in the prem, and he ends up scoring the winner in a cup semi, Souness is a d**khead.

It took you that long to work it out? 

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 14, 2012, 03:37:39 PM
No matter what the big man does from here in with his Liverpool career he will go down in the history books as the man to get a winner against Everton in a cup semi! Delighted for him, the supporters will all soften to him now.

If they do not win the final nobody will remember anything about it!

Cold tea

Another result to distract from the fact that Dalglish is one shite manager and should have been roaded months ago!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cold tea on April 14, 2012, 05:42:34 PM
Another result to distract from the fact that Dalglish is one shite manager and should have been roaded months ago!

Reminds me of Man United 1990. Time for a history lesson. Ferguson had been at United 4 years. Yes 4 years at a Big Club and no trophy. They won the FA Cup. Where did they finish in the League? Have a look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989%E2%80%9390_Football_League#Final_league_tables_and_results.5B1.5D

Gazzler

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 14, 2012, 03:37:39 PM
Agreed

Hoof Hearted

at the start of the season, there are 3 trophies for all 20 team to win, (4 trophies for those who qualify for Europe).

Liverpool could yet end up with 2. Not too shabby to be honest.

either Man U or Man C will end up with none, and Arsenal will definately end up with none.

Whats all the fuss about
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

randomtask

At the end of the day in 10 years time when people look at records it will show liverpool will (possibly) have 2 titles and their league standing will be irrelevant. If they end up with two trophies it will be a successful season imo.