Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballybredagh

Bredagh will be playing in the SHC next year. It will take us a few years to become competitive at this level, but we'll give it a lash and will definitely field in the SHC in 2011. That has been our main focus since we reformed at junior level 6 years ago. We want to mix it with the Ards teams and will do, hopefully in the not to distant future.

Banana Man

well fairplay lads, hopefully break the ards strangehold which can only be good for the game

cloneman

westdowngael

supersub

MFC Final

Kilcoo v Rostrevor

...no bias intended ha

down6061689194

MFC final
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

The Golf day was excellent. Credit to the County

Leo

Time for Sam?

Have a look at the thread on "Show your Suport" Not as much time for Sam as you might expect.
Really poor response from many areas in Down inclding Mayobridge, Kilcoo & Hilltown - the so-called "heart" ofthe GAA in Down.

Instead go look at Loughinisland, Dundrum, Annalong (yes, Annalong!).

Show Your Support? Not happening at most clubs.

Burren - the poorest display in the county.
But then there are onbly SIX Burren players in the squad.
Fierce tame altogether

kinghen

Quote from: Leo on September 14, 2010, 12:37:44 AM
Time for Sam?

Have a look at the thread on "Show your Suport" Not as much time for Sam as you might expect.
Really poor response from many areas in Down inclding Mayobridge, Kilcoo & Hilltown - the so-called "heart" ofthe GAA in Down.

Instead go look at Loughinisland, Dundrum, Annalong (yes, Annalong!).

Show Your Support? Not happening at most clubs.

Burren - the poorest display in the county.
But then there are onbly SIX Burren players in the squad.

its a bit naive to suggest that showing support for the team can be quantified by the number of flags/bunting in the town. Of course that has a big part to play in the excitement leading up to all ireland weekend and perhaps burren etc have made a poorer effort than most in this regard, but the club has continually lended support to the county team throughout the years irrespective of "success". The very geography of the burren area does not lend itself well for such decorations. Unlike most of the towns you have given credit there is no town centre in burren as such, with not much else only the chapel and the football field.  I may be coming across overly defensive here and I do agree to an extent that the support from such areas may not be as visual, but I just want to point out that the team and especially those representing burren have the backing of every gael in the locality.

I believe Burren are one of only two clubs that have sold their target level of club down membership to date along with numerous other generous backings from local businessmen. They have also been more than accommodating to the down squad with regards to the use of training facilities including the field, the ice baths and the gym. I also know that a number of burren men were highly involved in the recent golf day which raised much needed funds in the run up to the final, and not least over the course of the year have seen 8 of their players wear the county colours a fact that brings pride to every burren person I know.

the club will be represented in force next sunday and  the support will be unquestioned!!

I personally would like to wish dan, deccy, kevin, anton and cathal the best of luck along with their fellow county men. I hope we will all be celebrating another famous victory for the men in red and black next weekend.

an dun abu

CHB1

Hilltown has flags and bunting up along the road at the football pitch with bunting up in the village itself.

Also a sign of 'up down' has been placed on a mountain with another in progress on the hen mountain.

Its not just about putting flags up, its about the vocal support on the day and Hilltown along with every other club in Down will be well represented in Croke Park on the day cheering on the players.

CHB1

T O Hare

Quote from: CHB1 on September 14, 2010, 10:02:20 AM
Hilltown has flags and bunting up along the road at the football pitch with bunting up in the village itself.

Also a sign of 'up down' has been placed on a mountain with another in progress on the hen mountain.

Its not just about putting flags up, its about the vocal support on the day and Hilltown along with every other club in Down will be well represented in Croke Park on the day cheering on the players.

I hope Clonduff is not trying to claim the Edentrumley mountain in Mayobridge which has a sign "up down" which was organised by a prominent board member and done by members of the Mayobridge club ;D ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

maldini

Lecale2

TheClutch

2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.