The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

not on telly LL but was at it today, a steal at e50 for 2 days - could have done with a few more food outlets but otherwise everything was perfect. tiger looked well too....

on again tomorrow 8am till after 6pm

Doogie Browser

Darren Clarke 4 ahead of the field at Loch Lomond thru 15 on his 2nd round, the guy in the Irish news tipped him on Wednesday @ 150/1!  Obviously didn't back him myself! 

stephenite

Paul Goydos shot 59 at the John Deere event on the PGA tour. Steve Stricker shot 60. That's some impressive golf

muppet

Quote from: stephenite on July 09, 2010, 02:11:39 PM
Paul Goydos shot 59 at the John Deere event on the PGA tour. Steve Stricker shot 60. That's some impressive golf

They must be playing that course that Kim Jong-Il played.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Playing in Mount Juillet next Friday and Blarney Golf resort on Saturday, been in Mount Juillet loads of times but never in Blarney, Anyone ever played there?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Lowry having a good round today.

muppet

4 Irish in the top 20 and none of them are called Padraig or Rory.
MWWSI 2017

thebigfella

Anyone ever had a custom fitting session for their putter? I was trying some in Nevada Bobs the other day but the advice the assistant was giving was shite, didn't listen to a word I said or what I was after. I don't think it will radically change the number of putts I make but my current putter feels a bit too long and I'd like something with a bit more feel.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: thebigfella on July 14, 2010, 01:29:07 PM
Anyone ever had a custom fitting session for their putter? I was trying some in Nevada Bobs the other day but the advice the assistant was giving was shite, didn't listen to a word I said or what I was after. I don't think it will radically change the number of putts I make but my current putter feels a bit too long and I'd like something with a bit more feel.

How long is it?? The average is about 34 inches I think. I got a Ping Ug-Le on Ebay last year. 33 inches. Felt a bit short at first but now I really like it. Rarely 3 putt now. I'm sure if i went into a shop they'd try to sell me something longer. Yeah wouldn't waste your time with a custom fitting.

thebigfella

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 14, 2010, 01:53:06 PM

How long is it?? The average is about 34 inches I think. I got a Ping Ug-Le on Ebay last year. 33 inches. Felt a bit short at first but now I really like it. Rarely 3 putt now. I'm sure if i went into a shop they'd try to sell me something longer. Yeah wouldn't waste your time with a custom fitting.

It's 35inch ping craz-e. I used to be quite upright when putting but I'm now gripping it right down the shaft as I've become less upright as the more I play. Definitely around 33 or 33.5 is what I'm after. Was toying with the idea of shortening and regripping mine but I fancy something which feels a bit softer too.

Probably what I wanted was the guy to bring me putters with shorter shaft and similar head weight to what I have. He was insistent telling me what I was doing wrong rather than listening to what I was after. 

stephenite

How tall are ya Geoff?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: stephenite on July 15, 2010, 05:49:13 AM

How tall are ya Geoff?

About 6 1

JimStynes

Anyone else play with a hurling grip? Think its about time to try fix it, any suggestions how to go about this.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on July 21, 2010, 12:03:06 AM
Anyone else play with a hurling grip? Think its about time to try fix it, any suggestions how to go about this.

Yeah I do.
I went about changing it last year but I find near impossible hitting it the proper way.
I think though for what it would cost in lessons and time I don't really think it would be worth changing at this stage, I'm a mid 80's to mid 90's shooter and I really don't play often enough to score in the 70's on a regular basis so I don't think changing from the hurling grip would make a difference really.
People say it looks awkward but it feels right for me, plus I can hit it a mile if I connect with it right.
You'll Never Walk Alone.