The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Puckoon on December 09, 2009, 05:20:44 PM
Just got a new pair of brogues from Nike at the outlet store here in town.

Originally 225$ picked up 3 pairs for $19.97 a piece.

Cracking shoes, and thats christmas sorted for the da and brother.

Puck any chance you'd mail me a couple of pairs. that price is unreal, last pair I bought were over €230 and they leaked after about 14 months.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ha ha derry

Does this board have a golf outing ?

muppet

Quote from: ha ha derry on December 11, 2009, 08:37:01 AM

Any 'outing' is a banning offense on this board.

In conclusion, no.
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Gerry shoot me a pm. I got the last biggest sizes, at 10.5 us (9.5 uk) there were plenty of 8-9.5s left.

the waffler

haha where do you play up around dungiven always lookun somewhere different for outings

ha ha derry

Quote from: the waffler on December 11, 2009, 04:20:02 PM

haha where do you play up around dungiven always lookun somewhere different for outings

Ballyliffen its in brilliant condition at the minute.

lynchbhoy

ha ha - let me know when the next club golf day is on as I might have a couple of lads that would play in this... I might play too but I may as well use a shovel...

ha ha derry

Will do LB shovels are ok ! I bet you,ll win the longest drive  ;) :D :D

thebigfella

Anyone a member of a club in and around Dublin? Looking at memberships but not gonna pay outragous money as lots of clubs a crying out for members next year. Any suggestions?

Billys Boots

Bigfellah, am looking around at the moment myself - what are you prepared to pay?

What do others think is reasonable for annual fees?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 14, 2009, 12:25:10 PM
Bigfellah, am looking around at the moment myself - what are you prepared to pay?

What do others think is reasonable for annual fees?

€1500-€2000 ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thebigfella

1000 - 1100 and no membership fee but would ideally be looking below a grand. Thats everything though, don't want any green fees on top of that. I think at the moment and the current climate 1500 - 2000 is far too high and I know of quite a few clubs struggling to keep hold of members let alone atract news ones.

Hollystown is probably the best I've seen so far at 1090. Anyone played citywest?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thebigfella on December 14, 2009, 01:39:55 PM
1000 - 1100 and no membership fee but would ideally be looking below a grand. Thats everything though, don't want any green fees on top of that. I think at the moment and the current climate 1500 - 2000 is far too high and I know of quite a few clubs struggling to keep hold of members let alone atract news ones.

Hollystown is probably the best I've seen so far at 1090. Anyone played citywest?

Played it once it's ok, though if you are thinking of joining one that side of Dublin have a look at Grangecastle Golf Club, it's where I play all the time. It's only about ten minutes from citywest and it is a great course and a good challenge. Not sure how much membership is but green fees are only €22 mid week which I think is very good for the standard of course you are getting
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 14, 2009, 01:48:07 PM

Played it once it's ok, though if you are thinking of joining one that side of Dublin have a look at Grangecastle Golf Club, it's where I play all the time. It's only about ten minutes from citywest and it is a great course and a good challenge. Not sure how much membership is but green fees are only €22 mid week which I think is very good for the standard of course you are getting

My memory of Grangecastle (and its been a couple of years) was playing in on a summers days and taking 5.5 hours to get around, at one stage there were 20 people on the same hole! i play out of Hollystown not great value this year, I think I played four times,thats down to circumstance more than anything. They have dropped their fees it was 1300 two years ago.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 14, 2009, 02:14:20 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 14, 2009, 01:48:07 PM

My memory of Grangecastle (and its been a couple of years) was playing in on a summers days and taking 5.5 hours to get around, at one stage there were 20 people on the same hole! i play out of Hollystown not great value this year, I think I played four times,thats down to circumstance more than anything. They have dropped their fees it was 1300 two years ago.

Can't say I've ever had a problem in Grangecastle though I wouldn't bother trying at the weekend as I'd imagine it be packed, I really like the golf course itself though. They have added 7 new holes, the orginal holes that were located around the back of the club house are now used as a 7 hole course on it's own for something like €8 which is grand if your on your own and just wanna spend some time practising.
You'll Never Walk Alone.