FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 11, 2017, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 11, 2017, 08:22:33 PM
Randolph two saved were poor, knocking the ball into dangerous areas. Murphy no addition to hold up a ball. Can't understand how he starts instead of long who would run channels all day

Possession
    Home71%
    Away29%

Shots
    Home6
    Away0

Shots on Target
    Home4
    Away0

You never know the luck of Irish might weather this storm and grab a decent result on the night yet..

They've had two decent chances. one well create the other poor defending. the other 4 were nothing shots. Christie chance was decent too. Get the feeling Danes are getting frustrated. I can see us nick a goal like against Wales. But I'd have Long on on the hour at latest.

AQMP

Quote from: thewobbler on November 11, 2017, 08:28:01 PM
Quote from: AQMP on November 11, 2017, 08:14:26 PM
Why oh why do ireland let Brady take free kicks?? He's pure dung

Who do you suggest? There's not one of them apart from
Brady would be allowed near a set piece for their club teams.

These guys are professional footballers and they can't cross a ball? I'd be better than Brady at frees and corners

clarshack

Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2017, 08:24:20 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 11, 2017, 08:20:24 PM
Denmark could be 2-0 up already. There's been no attempt from Ireland to try and get an away goal.

Why would you be surprised by that? We're thirty years at this stuff.

A rare attack ended with a good save by schmeichel. A bit more positivity like that and we could get that away goal. 0-0 would be a disappointing result here imo.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Itchy on November 11, 2017, 08:22:33 PM
Randolph two saved were poor, knocking the ball into dangerous areas. Murphy no addition to hold up a ball. Can't understand how he starts instead of long who would run channels all day
Correct about Randolph. The second one was very reminiscent of Packy parrying Donadoni's shot in 1990. Sisto is no Schillaci though.

thewobbler

Quote from: AQMP on November 11, 2017, 08:36:02 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 11, 2017, 08:28:01 PM
Quote from: AQMP on November 11, 2017, 08:14:26 PM
Why oh why do ireland let Brady take free kicks?? He's pure dung

Who do you suggest? There's not one of them apart from
Brady would be allowed near a set piece for their club teams.

These guys are professional footballers and they can't cross a ball? I'd be better than Brady at frees and corners

They are a group of professional players who in the evidence of the past two years cannot pass, cannot trap, cannot cushion a header, cannot play a one touch pass, cannot create space, cannot use either foot for anything other than a bejasus big swipe at the ball. So why presume any of them can cross?

Itchy

strange tactic by Danes, sticking two sanitary towels to the back off their forwards neck.

JPGJOHNNYG

Ffs have they not learnt yet that the ref will blow for anything

Captain Obvious

JPGJOHNNYG

Anyone know when robby brady last have a good cross or free kick

JoG2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 11, 2017, 09:19:37 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 11, 2017, 09:15:37 PM
Odds on Shane Long to score?
very long...

if ever a man needed to score. 80+ mins gone, 0-0. We'd surely all have taken that before kick-off. Be a nervy final 10 mins

clarshack

How on earth did officials not give a corner there?

Itchy

how does Randolph get mom. Arter well ahead for me.

Syferus

seafoid

How come there are so few GAA surnames on the soccer team? What county are the Arters from?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU