Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

302 new cases here (26) today.
3 more deaths.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Watcher

Not as easy to find out the number of cases/deaths down South.  Any links?

Rossfan

Heard it on the News. 2,121 cases.
Around 400 hospitalised  with 59 in ICU.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: An Watcher on March 27, 2020, 07:25:06 PM

The best site. https://www.gov.ie/en/news/7e0924-latest-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus/#march-27

As of Wednesday 59 people in ICU so must be over 100 now and I think only 250 ICU beds in the ROI?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 27, 2020, 07:46:36 PM

The best site. https://www.gov.ie/en/news/7e0924-latest-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus/#march-27

As of Wednesday 59 people in ICU so must be over 100 now and I think only 250 ICU beds in the ROI?

Surely having a company making ventilators in Galway it should be difficult to purchase these and increase the numbers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Private hospitals have opened up to everyone now so there are more ICU beds available because of it, not sure how many extra though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

macdanger2

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2020, 08:13:49 PM

Private hospitals have opened up to everyone now so there are more ICU beds available because of it, not sure how many extra though.

Around 100 extra I think?

laoislad

Leo to announce something at 8.30
More restrictions probably.

laoislad

knockitdown

If the (NI) executive has anything about them, they will announce the same. They will be remembered for their decisions in the next 48hrs.

I think it is an unbelievably sensible call from the Irish gov to do this on a Friday evening. There is now no prospect of groups gathering outside that we seen last weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: knockitdown on March 27, 2020, 08:52:37 PM
If the (NI) executive has anything about them, they will announce the same. They will be remembered for their decisions in the next 48hrs.

I think it is an unbelievably sensible call from the Irish gov to do this on a Friday evening. There is now no prospect of groups gathering outside that we seen last weekend.

Are we not in lockdown?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

knockitdown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 08:53:55 PM

Are we not in lockdown?

Not even close

Milltown Row2

Quote from: knockitdown on March 27, 2020, 09:00:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 08:53:55 PM

Are we not in lockdown?

Not even close

I actually don't see much different.

Smokin Joe

Work is a massive difference.

In ROI all travelling to work, unless it is essential services is banned.

In NI you can travel to your work (doing any job) if you can't do your job from home.
Those are two very different scenarios.

It seems to be a big point of contention between Arlene and Michelle as the latter has said all week that she wants a total lockdown on all bar essential work.