2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: stew on March 01, 2018, 02:45:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2018, 12:41:20 AM
It looks pretty bad for Tyrone when Monaghan don't even get a mention in that podcast for beating them. As if to say Tyrone were not worth it,  that beating them wasn't even worth mentioning.

I hate the feckers but they are worth beating as they are quality and it is very much worth mentioning if you do! I would say the slight has not been missed by Mr harte and co.
If you go back to the start of this discussion most people were expecting Tyrone to do well in the league. They would have been expected to have 6 points at this stage and be in contention for the final.
It has been a very bad league so far for Tyrone.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

cornetto

A little off topic but reading Ciaran Whelans piece about mayo going on a training camp 11th April,he says the fact they are not releasing players it will mean forfeiting a home league match in 2019.So I'm just wondering if kevin walsh releases his players back to the clubs,does this mean he only has 2wks to prepare for mayo on may 13th?

From the Bunker

Quote from: cornetto on March 01, 2018, 11:43:27 AM
A little off topic but reading Ciaran Whelans piece about mayo going on a training camp 11th April,he says the fact they are not releasing players it will mean forfeiting a home league match in 2019.So I'm just wondering if kevin walsh releases his players back to the clubs,does this mean he only has 2wks to prepare for mayo on may 13th?

Stroke of Genius - Our record in McHale Park is so bad this is far from a punishment!  ;D

Duine Eile

Quote from: cornetto on March 01, 2018, 11:43:27 AM

Or maybe Kevin is playing it a bit cuter and not announcing his training plans for April? First round of the Galway championship isn't scheduled until the weekend after the Mayo match, 2 rounds of the league possible in April which county players might play in but can't see them being sent back to train with them for the whole month. Pity the games are off this weekend, to be expected though. Hopefully the double header will still go ahead whenever they're rescheduled for. 

larryin89

Rochford didn't announce it . The obsessive (with all things Mayo)  Dublin ex players media mafia did.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

I'm quite happy the games are off this weekend. Hopefully the injuries will have healed further. Cillian also gets another week off.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on March 01, 2018, 06:27:13 PM
Rochford didn't announce it . The obsessive (with all things Mayo)  Dublin ex players media mafia did.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/mayo-plan-to-break-new-gaa-rule-to-keep-april-a-club-only-month-817224.html

Their source was that bastion of the Dublin media, the Western People..

Christ, you don't help yourself.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on March 01, 2018, 06:59:44 PM

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/mayo-plan-to-break-new-gaa-rule-to-keep-april-a-club-only-month-817224.html

Apart from the fact we were  talking about whelans article, can you show me a.quote anyway from rochford .

dublin7

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2018, 12:33:58 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 01, 2018, 06:59:44 PM

Apart from the fact we were  talking about whelans article, can you show me a.quote anyway from rochford .

If you bothered to read the article you'd see a quote from the vice-chairman of the Mayo Co. Board, but don't let that get in the way of your belief it the dubs in the media bashing Mayo again

larryin89

Yes , and still no actual quote from Stephen Rochford. And ffs I was originally talking about whelans article talking to the nation but im sure he gets his western people every week from Easons.  Hes a bollix and anyone that falls for his shit is naive . I suppose he did nothing to orchestrate a snide campaign against lee keegan in the lead up to 16 replay. Nah just a passing observation from a neutral I suppose.

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2018, 11:04:42 AM
Yes , and still no actual quote from Stephen Rochford. And ffs I was originally talking about whelans article talking to the nation but im sure he gets his western people every week from Easons.  Hes a bollix and anyone that falls for his shit is naive . I suppose he did nothing to orchestrate a snide campaign against lee keegan in the lead up to 16 replay. Nah just a passing observation from a neutral I suppose.

Whelan will naturally serve his county. Just like the 3 O'se, Gooch, Liston, Spillane, will naturally spin the agenda to suit Kerry. We are just jealous because all we have in the national media to spin a tale is David Brady and the half cast Martin Carney (who i doubt even walks on pavement cracks).

Unlike most other counties Mayo and Galway have one of their biggest games in early May! It is up to Roachford and Co to have the lads prepared for that game if it means stepping on toes so be it!

larryin89

Fair enough but surely its not healthy to have such an obvious bad natured campaign against a player through media like what happened keegan  two years ago,I dunno but I think it crossed the line .its one thing to be playing down your counties chances with a bit of beal bocht but to me that seemed extreme . 

James Horan is in national spotlight too but for a smart guy he seems to go the other end of the scale altogether , absolutely mocked Galway in the run up to last couple of championship clashes .we know how they ended

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 02, 2018, 11:41:48 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2018, 11:04:42 AM

Whelan will naturally serve his county. Just like the 3 O'se, Gooch, Liston, Spillane, will naturally spin the agenda to suit Kerry. We are just jealous because all we have in the national media to spin a tale is David Brady and the half cast Martin Carney (who i doubt even walks on pavement cracks).

Unlike most other counties Mayo and Galway have one of their biggest games in early May! It is up to Roachford and Co to have the lads prepared for that game if it means stepping on toes so be it!

Martin is still in intensive care after Andy got booed in the AI quarter-final.

dublin7

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2018, 02:46:37 PM
Fair enough but surely its not healthy to have such an obvious bad natured campaign against a player through media like what happened keegan  two years ago,I dunno but I think it crossed the line .its one thing to be playing down your counties chances with a bit of beal bocht but to me that seemed extreme . 

James Horan is in national spotlight too but for a smart guy he seems to go the other end of the scale altogether , absolutely mocked Galway in the run up to last couple of championship clashes .we know how they ended

Horgan had right go at Johnny Cooper on Eir a few weeks ago. Hmmm what's that pot, kettle, blaack