2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Paddy Neilan is down to ref the Mayo Dublin. Depending on the result the mayogaablog denizens will have a hatred for all things Roscommon or they'll praise him for being a good Connacht man. Can't see him having much of an impact. Dublin will probably win by circa 10 or so.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orchard park

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 19, 2018, 09:56:48 AM
Paddy Neilan is down to ref the Mayo Dublin. Depending on the result the mayogaablog denizens will have a hatred for all things Roscommon or they'll praise him for being a good Connacht man. Can't see him having much of an impact. Dublin will probably win by circa 10 or so.

he'll manage to have an influence, his application of advantage rule is interesting to say the least

Main Street

Quote from: Mayo Border on February 18, 2018, 09:33:48 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on February 18, 2018, 08:22:30 PM
https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/965279353369227264

Looks to me like the Kerry keeper knocks the ball away first and the Monaghan player falls over him after.  No penalty.
As clear a penalty as I've seen. And if the ref gives it, then surely a black card.
A penalty yes but I didn't think it was a black card, it didn't appear to be a deliberate collision to take Kearns out of the play.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2018, 11:02:58 AM
Quote from: Mayo Border on February 18, 2018, 09:33:48 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on February 18, 2018, 08:22:30 PM
https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/965279353369227264

Looks to me like the Kerry keeper knocks the ball away first and the Monaghan player falls over him after.  No penalty.
As clear a penalty as I've seen. And if the ref gives it, then surely a black card.
A penalty yes but I didn't think it was a black card, it didn't appear to be a deliberate collision to take Kearns out of the play.

We discussed this at the time. It didn't, but the consensus was that a black card was warranted for preventing a definite goal, as Kearns had him beaten. One of those grey areas but definitely a penalty.. I think it would have done Kerry a favour as Murphy had a complete nightmare..

Just listening to RTÉ Radio 1 here - the pundits highly complimentary to Monaghan's continual efforts and not buying into the question posed by Sean O'Rourke re 'the penalty that never was'.

westbound

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 19, 2018, 11:56:16 AM

We discussed this at the time. It didn't, but the consensus was that a black card was warranted for preventing a definite goal, as Kearns had him beaten. One of those grey areas but definitely a penalty.. I think it would have done Kerry a favour as Murphy had a complete nightmare..

Just listening to RTÉ Radio 1 here - the pundits highly complimentary to Monaghan's continual efforts and not buying into the question posed by Sean O'Rourke re 'the penalty that never was'.

That's not the rule!
It's not soccer!

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: westbound on February 19, 2018, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 19, 2018, 11:56:16 AM

That's not the rule!
It's not soccer!

Well that's me told, then..  :o

An Fhairche Abu

Given that Galway have a good few players who need badly need a break from the routine of back to back matches, is this the weekend to give the likes of Comer and Cooke a break or at least not have them on from the start?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 19, 2018, 09:56:48 AM
I'd be surprised if Dublin win by 10 or so points. They only beat Donegal and Kildare at home by 5 and 7 points. The heavy MacHale Park pitch is not one to produce a big score on. The last MacHale park meeting was a dour low scoring one which Dublin won 0-9 to 0-7.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 19, 2018, 05:22:52 PM
Given that Galway have a good few players who need badly need a break from the routine of back to back matches, is this the weekend to give the likes of Comer and Cooke a break or at least not have them on from the start?
Probably but unlikely to happen I would say.

GalwayBayBoy

Possibly but I can't see him resting very many players going down to Kerry.

I think he'll want a strong enough team out against Monaghan at home too after that, especially as they won yesterday. It's probably a game they will have targeted as winnable.

Then you have the Dubs. Rest too many against them and you might end up shipping an awful hiding.

Kildare in the last game is probably when he may well rest a fair few. Especially if they pick up another win before then.

twohands!!!

The big thing is whether or not he is interested in a league final - a win over Kerry would put Galway in with a very serious shot of getting to the league final, most likely against Dublin.

That would mean 2 games against Dublin only a few weeks apart, which could potentially be very risky.

An Fhairche Abu

I don't think it's worth getting too bothered about the Dublin game, may as well get shown up where we're weak against the very best, the whole point of Division One football is these types of test, there's no hiding place.

twohands!!!

weareros

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 19, 2018, 09:44:00 PM
clear penalty obviously

Yeah clear from slow motion that goalie legally tapped ball out of players hands first. The first tv angel definitely made it look like cast iron penalty.

trileacman

So I you dislodge the ball milling a player is okay in the rule book.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014