2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 29, 2018, 02:48:02 PM
Snapchat, we were discussing that goal as well on the train home and whilst I didn't notice the foul on the ball we did think how much did it affect their mindset and how they are not good at chasing a game.
To me though Tyrone remind me of playing with the "brakes on" (del amitri song)
Nothing is done at pace or freedom any more. Everything is so rehearsed and calculated.
I was pointing out yesterday how often the default setting it to turn back and look for a pass behind you now as in someone off your shoulder to carry it rather than hit it into space or in front of a forward coming out to win it in front of his man.

It's all just so laboured and slow for me and worst of all predictable. In all sports if teams know what your gonna do and you do it then its easier for them to defend against. Remember Mulgrew's great goal against Armagh last year. That came from quick forward passing and off the ball running into space.

I'd say Brian Fenton must be relishing another bite at the red hand.

Agreed 100% on all the above.

Snapchap

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 29, 2018, 03:10:08 PM
Snapchap typifies what went wrong for Tyrone. Blaming the ref is no good, the lack of introspection from posters like him cost Tyrone. 8)

I don't blame the ref. Tyrone didn't deserve the win. We have been over-rated for quite a few years. How long is it since we beat a big team in the championship? If we are to survive in Division 1, we need a bit of luck. My only suggestion is that the goal was clearly illegal and maybe, who knows, but maybe, if it had been disallowed, Tyrone could well have sneaked a draw or a win. As I say, that goal was all that was between the teams on 70 minutes.

Avondhu star

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2018, 12:50:00 PM
Dublin will relish the chance to essentially kill Tyrone next Saturday night - promises to be a great game in Omagh (weather permitting!)

Unless Tyrone improve dramatically in 7 days it will be a shite game. I dont think it will finish 15 a side though!
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 29, 2018, 05:22:39 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2018, 12:50:00 PM
Dublin will relish the chance to essentially kill Tyrone next Saturday night - promises to be a great game in Omagh (weather permitting!)

Unless Tyrone improve dramatically in 7 days it will be a shite game. I dont think it will finish 15 a side though!

Maybe got the wording wrong, great spectacle....to begin with  :-X

seafoid

Tyrone should try out some new talent. They aren't going to win anything this year by the looks of things.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Chimley

Quote from: seafoid on January 29, 2018, 07:10:33 PM
Tyrone should try out some new talent. They aren't going to win anything this year by the looks of things.

It's a bit premature to be writing epitaphs in January.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mouview on January 29, 2018, 02:30:11 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 29, 2018, 02:21:27 PM
Quote from: mouview on January 29, 2018, 02:11:36 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on January 28, 2018, 11:30:22 PM

Here is me imaging Mayo's starting full forward line scored 4-27 from play in 5 championship matches in Croker park last season!!

Actually I had a look at Mayo's starting forwards & sub forwards that came on (no midfielders or half backs), and they averaged 12 points from play per game in the championship last year!!

Galway starting forwards & sub forwards that came on (again no midfielders or half backs) and they average 8 points from play in the championship last year!!

So Tyrone forwards must be on the up if they are only slightly worse than Mayo's forwards! ;)

Yes, but Mayo couldn't put away a Galway team there for the taking last June in Salthill, missed chance after chance after chance v Derry in C'bar and struggled to overcome an inferior Kerry side. Their best forward in 2017 was in his 30s and, damningly, Dublin won the AI with 45% possession. Although with a probable inferior defensive unit than what Mayo have now, Galway won 2 AIs because of what they had up front. Mayo are a very solid and hard-working side but it's knocking too much out of them to earn their scores against the stronger teams.

God, Galway people still harping on about forwards they had nearly 20 years ago.  ;D

No. I'm harping on about the forwards Mayo don't have now.  :-\

But we have forwards. How otherwise do we get so far every year? Einstein!

macdanger2

Where's Fergal Boland this year? He looked very good in the league last year albeit a bit light.

Captain Obvious

This and last year they have given a run out to plenty of new talent. Tyrone lost to Donegal in the league last year it didn't stop Tyrone from beating Donegal well in the championship and winning another Ulster title.

longballin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 29, 2018, 08:01:35 PM
This and last year they have given a run out to plenty of new talent. Tyrone lost to Donegal in the league last year it didn't stop Tyrone from beating Donegal well in the championship and winning another Ulster title.

Ulster is well behind again...

manfromdelmonte

Kerry do some amount of cynical stuff like stopping the quick free after a mark or taking out a player to create an overlap

MayoBuck

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 29, 2018, 08:01:11 PM
Where's Fergal Boland this year? He looked very good in the league last year albeit a bit light.

Was hurling with Tooreen until last weekend so will probably see him against Kerry. Apparently he was our standout player in a challenge game vs Corofin on Saturday.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: longballin on January 29, 2018, 08:07:51 PM

All Ireland Quarter finalists last summer.

Ulster 3
Connacht 3
Leinster 1
Munster 1

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 29, 2018, 08:43:47 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 29, 2018, 08:07:51 PM

All Ireland Quarter finalists last summer.

Ulster 3
Connacht 3
Leinster 1
Munster 1
It would be moe interesting to look at net loss in points in ultimate round ....
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 29, 2018, 07:27:22 PM
Quote from: mouview on January 29, 2018, 02:30:11 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 29, 2018, 02:21:27 PM
Quote from: mouview on January 29, 2018, 02:11:36 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on January 28, 2018, 11:30:22 PM

Here is me imaging Mayo's starting full forward line scored 4-27 from play in 5 championship matches in Croker park last season!!

Actually I had a look at Mayo's starting forwards & sub forwards that came on (no midfielders or half backs), and they averaged 12 points from play per game in the championship last year!!

Galway starting forwards & sub forwards that came on (again no midfielders or half backs) and they average 8 points from play in the championship last year!!

So Tyrone forwards must be on the up if they are only slightly worse than Mayo's forwards! ;)

Yes, but Mayo couldn't put away a Galway team there for the taking last June in Salthill, missed chance after chance after chance v Derry in C'bar and struggled to overcome an inferior Kerry side. Their best forward in 2017 was in his 30s and, damningly, Dublin won the AI with 45% possession. Although with a probable inferior defensive unit than what Mayo have now, Galway won 2 AIs because of what they had up front. Mayo are a very solid and hard-working side but it's knocking too much out of them to earn their scores against the stronger teams.

God, Galway people still harping on about forwards they had nearly 20 years ago.  ;D

No. I'm harping on about the forwards Mayo don't have now.  :-\

But we have forwards. How otherwise do we get so far every year? Einstein!

Mayos tally in September was the highest tally for a losing team in 40 years.....and that against the greatest team in the history of the game