Feile Peil 2016

Started by Zulu, June 22, 2016, 04:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Can't wait for this weekend which is always a highlight of the year. Lots of teams heading over from the UK and Scotland will be one of only 3 UK counties sending both a boys and girls team. They're division 8 in the boys and 6 in the girls. Best of luck to all involved.

AZOffaly

You heading over Zulu? Best of luck to all.

Zulu

Hopefully for Saturday. Not sure which team to watch though, the girls or the boys. Some cracking footballers on both this year so hoping they do well. Big step up from UK football though so might struggle against the better teams. There's usually a few teams in divisions well below their standard which is a pity but I guess it's hard to grade teams nationally.

AZOffaly

I think it's difficult when teams are coming from other counties. It's often hard to pitch them against local clubs that are of a similar level. In fairness the away teams normally tend to be close enough. Clonmel Commercials and Grangemockler are representing Tipp. Clonmel were just beaten in the county A final by Inane Rovers, Roscrea, who I would have thought of as a stronger team. Clonmel are in Division 3 I think, and Grangemockler are in Division 6.

Zulu

Ah it is alright but even some of the Irish teams are way too string for the other teams in their division and you'd imagine could play a division or two higher. I suspect one or two of the UK teams are a bit strong for their division too though that might prove to be very wrong.

Nevertheless, looking forward to it and it's a great event to be part of. I know the Scottish kids are really looking forward to it and will have a great weekend irrespective of the results.

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2016, 07:13:40 PM
Inane Rovers?

Yep. For some reason the football club in Roscrea is Inane Rovers. Pronounce Eye-Nan

tintin25

How many representatives can a county send?

I remember playing in the early nineties and it was only the county (a) champions at that time, along with a number of host clubs.

sligoman2

Is there any website (not Twitter) that shows the scores, standings Etc?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

sligoman2

Thank you.  You the Daddy
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.