The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Unbelievable!! ;D ;D ;D

I think we'll be hearing about mentality monsters again this evening! 8)

laoislad

Never in doubt.  ;D
Played brutal but had the worst VAR decision you'll ever see go against us.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Geoff Tipps

What a win. Terrible performance but come away with the 3 points.

supersub

Quote from: TabClear on November 01, 2019, 01:59:54 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 01, 2019, 01:42:32 PM
It's a good problem to have

It is in one sense in that it means you are doing well but i for one would rather exit the World Club/EFL cup or play the kids if it means that the first teamers get a decent break. League is Number 1 priority by a mile as far as I am concerned. If we could come to some gentleman's agreement with City on loaning them Old Big Ears in return I'd be  quite happy with that!  ;)

Absolutely not. Trade nothing for anything. It's not often you get a dominant spell, need to capitalise. Win as much as you can. It breathes confidence through a squad and puts serious questions in opposition heads. Winning one CL is great but don't rest at that. Walk on!!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on November 02, 2019, 05:01:37 PM
Never in doubt.  ;D

VAR was 100% correct. The angle is what makes it look like a bad decision. His arm from the arm pit to his hand was Off-side.

Boycey

VAR is a load of shite, it surpassed itself in today's Everton/Spurs game...

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on November 03, 2019, 09:09:05 PM
VAR is a load of shite, it surpassed itself in today's Everton/Spurs game...

Agreed I'm done with it...just need better officials and go back to the old ways.

I couldn't celebrate Lallana's equalizer against Utd with the fear it would be disallowed for some minuscule issue

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2019, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 03, 2019, 08:46:05 PM
Never in doubt.  ;D

VAR was 100% correct. The angle is what makes it look like a bad decision. His arm from the arm pit to his hand was Off-side.

Only parts of the body that you can legally play the ball with count. You can't play it with your arm so your arm is allowed to be "offside".
At least, that's my understanding.

Looks like you are correct!

''The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).''

Good call!

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 03, 2019, 08:46:05 PM
Never in doubt.  ;D

::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

VAR was totally correct there... yes it was marginal but the shoulder counts and it was offside.

All this moaning about VAR is just opposition to change. There are going to be problems of course but it will work itself out over time.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

thewobbler

VAR is shit, and I hate it.

But what I hate most is how Liverpool fans in particular seems to have latched onto bleeding it to death as a topic of conversation. Every last decision involving them goes through a week-long microscope of super slow-mo, "new" angles, charts, diagrams, rules, interpretations of rules, and case history. All of this delivered with an unashamed and belligerent bias.

Lads you can't can't change the decisions after a match. Just leave it alone ffs.