Stefan Campbell signs for Lurgan Celtic

Started by T Fearon, August 31, 2017, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2017, 06:38:52 PM
As someone else remarked - can this localised uninteresting squabble be hived off to the Armagh section.

Still awaiting the original Author reply as too why it wasnt posted there in the first instance
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

T Fearon

The potential premature retirement of a prominent player from one of this year's All Ireland quarter finalists is a national issue.

mcklatchee

Quote from: T Fearon on September 09, 2017, 12:16:12 AM
The potential premature retirement of a prominent player from one of this year's All Ireland quarter finalists is a national issue.

We need a referendum so
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on September 09, 2017, 12:16:12 AM

A cross border symposium is needed then!!

bogball88

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2017, 06:43:38 PM
Name me another prominent County GAA player who has signed for an Irish League or League of Ireland club,in recent times? The only one I can think of is Eoin Bradley who has not played for Derry since
Bam Neeson?

bogball88

Quote from: bogball88 on September 09, 2017, 12:25:52 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2017, 06:43:38 PM
Name me another prominent County GAA player who has signed for an Irish League or League of Ireland club,in recent times? The only one I can think of is Eoin Bradley who has not played for Derry since
Kevin Niblock? Both played for a county in the lower leagues who would be doing well to be playing Championship beyond July

T Fearon

Hasnt played for Antrim for years.Not high profile County anyway

bogball88

Quote from: T Fearon on September 09, 2017, 12:32:12 PM
Which high profile county are we discussing?

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on September 09, 2017, 12:32:12 PM

1 year to be precise. Lol. Not high profile enough. I guess you decide what merits bhigh profile.

Applesisapples

Stefan Campbell is a decent county footballer, he is not a calamitous loss to Armagh. That said any man who is competent at a number of sports in todays world will struggle to compete in any more than one. Even dual gaelic stars eventually settle for one or the other and thats with the support given by county boards. Even at club level today it is takes sacrifice for anyone to hold down a job and train and prepare for a sport never mind two. If Stefan believes he will get more out of LC then good luck to him.

JimStynes

T Fearon

Yes amazing! We've also discussed the merits of Basketball in this thread.

T Fearon

Opting out of the panel,bringing the number to six plus Mc Keever's retirement.Not looking good for the new season

naka

Tony
He is getting a few quid so that decided it .
For me save for the ONeills everyone else has a legitimate reason
Gaelic is no longer the be all and end all
I can see it in my own house with me son.
He can take it or leave it whereas I lived and breathed it.
Croke Park has caused this because the chances of winning sam are minimal.

stew

Quote from: naka on December 16, 2017, 03:28:47 PM
Tony
He is getting a few quid so that decided it .
For me save for the ONeills everyone else has a legitimate reason
Gaelic is no longer the be all and end all
I can see it in my own house with me son.
He can take it or leave it whereas I lived and breathed it.
Croke Park has caused this because the chances of winning sam are minimal.

If I had a son that was good enough to make a living at playing sawker or playing club/county football I would let him make the decision................................Because it would be his decision, not mine, I was 20 and decided to play B football for my club with a view to trying to make the senior team, so I get ready to come on as a sub and the manager tells me to play right half back, I tell him I am a forward and he tells me he thought I was a back! When asked why, he said because he knew I was a sweeper for my football team and assumed I was a back, I said no, that was not the case, he told me to get back on the bench and thus ended the worst career in gaelic footballing history, I still love the sport but f**k I was crushed!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.