U17 Football Championship

Started by Itchy, May 04, 2017, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

No North mayo reps on an underage team again, have North mayo clubs gone back that much or was it a manager/selection thing? I thought knockmore beat Westport in an U17 league final recently? Or was that something else?

omagh_gael

What's the story with the Leinster u17 championship? Is it over yet? Who are the strong teams, is imagine Dublin are favourites.

blanketattack

http://leinstergaa.ie/competitions/leinster-u-17-special-football-2017/

Seems to be a good idea running it in late June/July so there's not too long a gap until the semi-finals although there's only 4 days between the semi and the final. Also includes a backdoor for 1st round losers.

giveballaghback

Minor Connacht final will be played on 9th July before the senior final. U17 final is being played on Saturday the 8th July.

Syferus

Playing these games so early is absolutely spectator hostile. All because they want to play extra-time there and then and run the competition off as fast as possible. They need to either put them on at a normal time before senior matches or only play them separately. They've managed to combine the worst of all worlds here.

galwayman

I see the Connacht u17 final is fixed for the night before the Connacht minor final.
Galway and Ros will be playing in that u17 final and at least one of their minor sides will be in action the following day in the minor Connacht final.
Surely to God they can plan it a small bit better than that ffs.
Whichever team wins the minor semi will have lads that are also on the u17 panel.
It's unfair on those lads to potentially miss out on an u17 Connacht final.
What are they thinking with that sort of planning?

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on June 19, 2017, 08:23:09 PM
I see the Connacht u17 final is fixed for the night before the Connacht minor final.
Galway and Ros will be playing in that u17 final and at least one of their minor sides will be in action the following day in the minor Connacht final.
Whichever team wins the minor semi will have lads that are also on the minor panel.

I'll tell you what's unfair. Galway dragging the Roscommon minor team to Salthill on a midweek evening next week for the minor semi-final. Why not Tuam? I thought Galway were a bit better than the stroke politics Mayo pulls..

Far bigger f**k up than going to Bekan for the U17 final.

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on June 19, 2017, 08:36:08 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 19, 2017, 08:23:09 PM
Whichever team wins the minor semi will have lads that are also on the minor panel.

I'll tell you what's unfair. Galway dragging the Roscommon minor team to Salthill on a midweek evening next week for the minor semi-final. Why not Tuam? I thought Galway were a bit better than the stroke politics Mayo pulls..

Far bigger f**k up than going to Bekan for the U17 final.
Oh boo f**king hoo.
Change the subject why don't ya.
This thread is about the u17 championship.

giveballaghback

Im with syf on this one, Galway antics with that minor semi is a joke.

PW Nally

Roscommon never played a Connacht underage game in Kiltoom with Leinster in view?

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on June 21, 2017, 12:05:31 AM
Roscommon never played a Connacht underage game in Kiltoom with Leinster in view?

No floodlights at the Hyde. Any match that can be played in natural light has been in the Hyde.

Rossfan

It's the Herrins' home fixture they can choose the venue.
Total bolx for us but c'est le vie ( apologies for lack of Francais).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fuzzman

I see Darragh Canavan was in both the minor and U17s team for Tyrone.
Are there many others in that boat?

omagh_gael

Antoin Fox from Loughmacrory played in full back line for both the minors and u17. Pretty sure there are a few more.

giveballaghback

Quote from: Rossfan on June 21, 2017, 01:21:15 AM
It's the Herrins' home fixture they can choose the venue.
Total bolx for us but c'est le vie ( apologies for lack of Franca/quote]

Ros should bring them to Boyle or Strokestown the next time, shows no respect for working people who would wish to see the game, bringing them out to Salthill into galway evening traffic and getting home late with work the next day, its just f.. the rossie gaa supporter.