Who will stop this Dublin team from 4, 5, 6 or more in a row?

Started by Muck Savage, September 19, 2017, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Bit dramatic and all misguided, instead of constantly moaning and doing nothing why the fook dont counties object t o advantages dublin have.

Super 8s , one home , one away and one neutral means dubs have two home games in this farce.

How in the name of fook can you run a competition and call your home ground the same as the neutral ground, give me patience jeez crist on a bike , is everyone outside of dublin just going to let this slide. I swear its crazy
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

magpie seanie

Quote from: larryin89 on September 20, 2017, 10:18:46 PM
Bit dramatic and all misguided, instead of constantly moaning and doing nothing why the fook dont counties object t o advantages dublin have.

Super 8s , one home , one away and one neutral means dubs have two home games in this farce.

How in the name of fook can you run a competition and call your home ground the same as the neutral ground, give me patience jeez crist on a bike , is everyone outside of dublin just going to let this slide. I swear its crazy

Mayo play better in Croke Park than anywhere else.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 20, 2017, 10:56:59 PM

It's their home away from home at this stage and i think played more times in Croke park this year than Dublin.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 20, 2017, 11:08:10 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 20, 2017, 10:56:59 PM

It's their home away from home at this stage and i think played more times in Croke park this year than Dublin.

And to win the AI you need to be able to perform there unless people are advocating moving the final. So the "home advantage" argument to me is complete bull. There are some legit arguments against Dublin but they get diluted by this rubbish.

Dinny Breen

Home advantage counts in every sport. To think different contravenes every known published article on it. Croke Park is a massive advantage to Dublin and that shouldn't be even up for debate.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 20, 2017, 11:45:39 PM
Home advantage counts in every sport. To think different contravenes every known published article on it. Croke Park is a massive advantage to Dublin and that shouldn't be even up for debate.

It does amaze me the mental gymnastics people - some not even Dublin homers - go through to try and minimize each and every advantage Dublin have. Maybe the GAA is the real Bannana Republic Geldof was on about.

seafoid

Sure but what % difference does it make? GAA has different fan dynamics to soccer. Maybe they can't be compared.

Also this Dub team looks very like Cody pomp Kilkenny.  Will Kildare be ready for the fall or can we expect more of the battered wife commentary indefinitely?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

High Fielder

The GAA is a flawed concept. It can never work in its current format. Carlow can never be Leicester because Carlow are more like Accrington Stanley. I'm using Carlow as an example. I could pick 15 lads in Dublin that never played for the county, and chances are, they would beat Carlow. A lot of teams are running in races they cannot win. Somehow, they are managing to convince young men to enter into this farce. It's a total con job. A waste of time. The GAA don't give two fucks about Carlow or many other counties like them. I appreciate and love Gaelic sports, but the system is loathsome.

TheGreatest

Dublin always played a lot of games in Croke park, never a problem in the noughties when people were laughing at us.

Carlow will never win an All Ireland, ever, people using Carlow and Leitrim as examples is a poor argument.

Mayo, Kerry, Tyrone (Harte to change up the tactics for 2018 ) still top of the pile. If Galway get their act together they could be a serious serious team. Kildare on the rise again. Cork? other than that....

High Fielder

If they can never win it, then it should be scrapped. These counties deserve better than to be used as part of a training regime. I'd have a lot more sympathy for more than half the counties of Ireland who are flogging a dead horse than Mayo who at least are competitive. They have every chance of winning a Provincial at the very least.

TheGreatest

Quote from: High Fielder on September 21, 2017, 08:48:32 AM
If they can never win it, then it should be scrapped. These counties deserve better than to be used as part of a training regime. I'd have a lot more sympathy for more than half the counties of Ireland who are flogging a dead horse than Mayo who at least are competitive. They have every chance of winning a Provincial at the very least.

Championship A and B, even C.

amalgamation's, still don't think they would win it, If you put Louth, Carlow and Wicklow together, the big teams would still beat them.

I'm in favour of a two tiered system, its the only way.

magpie seanie

Intercounty was only ever meant as a representative level competition but somewhere along the way the tail has been allowed to wag the dog. The GAA is about clubs first and foremost. Intercounty is the icing on the cake but mainly due to financial reasons it has completely taken over. Adding qualifiers and now super 8's is going totally down the wrong direction for the organisation as a whole. There can never be a fair intercounty system without grading it into senior, intermediate and junior which virtually no one wants.

Interestingly at club level you also see vast differences in resources and playing numbers too but a lot of the time these can and are overcome by the underdogs.

Owenmoresider

Sure look at all the talk about Tottenham and their troubles at Wembley given it's their "home" for this season while WHL is rebuilt, from a stat I seen the other day apparently they haven't beaten an English club there in 90 minutes in their last 17/18 games. It ought to improve as the season goes on but it does show like with West Ham last year (though at least Spurs have a decent team) how the lack of or unfamiliarity of home advantage can affect a team.

Of itself it shouldn't make a massive difference but I genuinely cannot understand how Dublin are allowed play all their home league games there, and the Leinster semi-final this year when it was a standalone tie, wouldn't have altered the outcome in fairness, but would Carlow have given Dublin the challenge they did for 50-odd minutes up to Murphy's sending off were that game in CP? Possibly not. The league games should be in Parnell and all Leinster games up to the final at a neutral venue like with the hurling.

TheGreatest

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 21, 2017, 09:09:06 AM
Intercounty was only ever meant as a representative level competition but somewhere along the way the tail has been allowed to wag the dog. The GAA is about clubs first and foremost. Intercounty is the icing on the cake but mainly due to financial reasons it has completely taken over. Adding qualifiers and now super 8's is going totally down the wrong direction for the organisation as a whole. There can never be a fair intercounty system without grading it into senior, intermediate and junior which virtually no one wants.

Interestingly at club level you also see vast differences in resources and playing numbers too but a lot of the time these can and are overcome by the underdogs.

Sometimes, but in the big counties its the usual names appear year after year and there is always that 5 or 6  teams at the top.

Syferus

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 21, 2017, 09:16:25 AM
Sure look at all the talk about Tottenham and their troubles at Wembley given it's their "home" for this season while WHL is rebuilt, from a stat I seen the other day apparently they haven't beaten an English club there in 90 minutes in their last 17/18 games. It ought to improve as the season goes on but it does show like with West Ham last year (though at least Spurs have a decent team) how the lack of or unfamiliarity of home advantage can affect a team.

Of itself it shouldn't make a massive difference but I genuinely cannot understand how Dublin are allowed play all their home league games there, and the Leinster semi-final this year when it was a standalone tie, wouldn't have altered the outcome in fairness, but would Carlow have given Dublin the challenge they did for 50-odd minutes up to Murphy's sending off were that game in CP? Possibly not. The league games should be in Parnell and all Leinster games up to the final at a neutral venue like with the hurling.

€€€