Westmeath v Armagh (Sat 08.07.17) Cusack Park, 7pm

Started by illdecide, June 26, 2017, 09:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 27, 2017, 10:01:17 AM
Quote from: you take er! on July 26, 2017, 04:57:13 PM
What's the story with ye Westmeath men?? You don't come out to support your county at home then you criticise Armagh for daring to travel in numbers (took over the ground was the quote I think) you slate us for contributing to the local economy, (how dare we) and then when your subs fire water bottles at our supporters we again come off badly!! I would suggest your county delegates should be more concerned about getting your own supporters to games and finding players who can put the ball over the bar. Worst case of sour grapes I've heard in a long time.

Interesting perspective, thanks for your kind suggestions, duly noted and much appreciated.

Didn't witness any aggression on the terrace but then again I was more concerned with the unchecked aggression on the field and on the sideline. Can't ever remember Gardai having to intervene in the stands before in Cusack Park, make of that what you will.

Surely Gardai felt the need to step in on this occasion if Subs were firing objects at fans like what has been claimed? Found it a very strange and sour grapes from Westmeath tbh

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 27, 2017, 10:07:53 AM
What's the story with ye Westmeath men?? You don't come out to support your county at home then you criticise Armagh for daring to travel in numbers (took over the ground was the quote I think) you slate us for contributing to the local economy, (how dare we) and then when your subs fire water bottles at our supporters we again come off badly!! I would suggest your county delegates should be more concerned about getting your own supporters to games and finding players who can put the ball over the bar. Worst case of sour grapes I've heard in a long time.

Interesting perspective, thanks for your kind suggestions, duly noted and much appreciated.

Didn't witness any aggression on the terrace but then again I was more concerned with the unchecked aggression on the field and on the sideline. Can't ever remember Gardai having to intervene in the stands before in Cusack Park, make of that what you will.

Surely Gardai felt the need to step in on this occasion if Subs were firing objects at fans like what has been claimed? Found it a very strange and sour grapes from Westmeath tbh

Only mention of "subs were firing objects at fans" came from a fella with 77 posts on gaaboard. Make of that what you will.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

oliverkelly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 27, 2017, 10:15:12 AM

Only mention of "subs were firing objects at fans" came from a fella with 77 posts on gaaboard. Make of that what you will.

Fair Point

The Gs Man

Well, I have 1636 posts and it happened....
Keep 'er lit

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 27, 2017, 10:26:18 AM

Well, I have 1636 posts and it happened....

Tell us more so as to what went on Gs Man. Full background and events leading up to it please.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shark

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2017, 11:35:56 AM
Outnumbered 4 to 1 in a home game :'(

It's the norm. County board don't even attempt to market games. Clueless.

you take er!

So does one need 1000+ posts to be seen as truthful? I'm sorry I had no idea. Let me take my lying ass back to the drawing board and get posting so I can be taken seriously. My dear fella, I watched it happen - and when unsuspecting supporters get showered with water, and objects they will more than likely react whether they are from Armagh, Westmeath or Dublin. The atmosphere was otherwise pretty good I like a lot of supporters was there with my children who enjoyed the whole experience - not least the opportunity to talk with and get photos taken with players after the game. BTW the Westmeath players and management stayed on the field chatting to supporters every bit as long as the Armagh ones did so I don't think they had much truck with what went on on the field.

AZOffaly

Are we saying that the Westmeath players just decided to throw water at random Armagh fans? Or was it the actual water bottles they threw? With no provocation?

Now God knows I've had my rattles with Westmeath over the years, and I normally don't like to see them winning the half time raffle, but that doesn't sound like anything I've seen or heard from them before.

That said, the Westmeath CB article sounds unbelievably childish and bitter.

Throw ball

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 27, 2017, 11:59:33 AM
Are we saying that the Westmeath players just decided to throw water at random Armagh fans? Or was it the actual water bottles they threw? With no provocation?

Now God knows I've had my rattles with Westmeath over the years, and I normally don't like to see them winning the half time raffle, but that doesn't sound like anything I've seen or heard from them before.

That said, the Westmeath CB article sounds unbelievably childish and bitter.

I was at the match and didn't even realise there was any bother until I phoned home. I remember near the end a number of people standing to see something but it was over in a matter of seconds. A bit much to brand 4000 people on the actions of a few.

I should add I have no idea who started what and none of the people around me seemed to have any drink taken. They were mostly families.

AZOffaly

I don't believe there was any bother in Thurles with Armagh fans either. This seems to be a bit of a storm in a teacup.

Throw ball

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 27, 2017, 01:28:02 PM
I don't believe there was any bother in Thurles with Armagh fans either. This seems to be a bit of a storm in a teacup.

It was great to get to a match in Thurles and the Tipp supporters were top notch

illdecide

Yes was at both games and didn't see a single incident at either, you will always get a slabber no matter what County you support and there's not much you can do about that. TBH majority of the supporters are in fact families. TBF i know of one guy who i seem to bump into regular and he continuously shouts at the Ref for no reason at all (the odd time he's correct but i suppose if you do all the time you'll be right sometime). Armagh have a fantastic support and if you bring 4000 to a match and get 3 D**k heads I think you're doing rightly
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

As an Armagh fan, I would acknowledge that at times we have had our fair share of bucky fueled halfwits slobbering at matches. But that was in the glory days, recently whilst I've witnessed some crap refereeing performances being roundly booed, i have not seen any fans from other counties abused, although I beleive there was a difference of opinion between a couple of supporters at the Wicklow game which was quickly sorted. In this age of smart phones and video, I have yet to see a clip of this outrageous behaviour. If it exists could Westmeath not publish it? or does it (if it exists) reflect poorly on their own?