Paul Kimmage interviews Sean Cavanagh

Started by Jinxy, September 09, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 17, 2018, 06:34:59 PM
The religious stuff is disgusting carry-on by Harte.

Complete abuse of his position.

As was him meeting the players after Tyrone being knocked out to discuss future plans, before his contract was renewed.

redzone

Jesus benny you are on one man crusade against Harte. Christ get a life. Do something productive with your time instead stalking the board

Insane Bolt

BennyCake

Quote from: redzone on September 17, 2018, 07:45:26 PM
Jesus benny you are on one man crusade against Harte. Christ get a life. Do something productive with your time instead stalking the board

One post about Harte = one man crusade? Riiiighhht  :o

Jinxy

Peter Canavan believes there is an 'agenda' against the Red Hand county

"I do believe that Tyrone are on the receiving end whenever there is negativity attached to gaelic games. It appears to be pointed up in this direction pretty quickly. I would say there is an agenda going on in that regard," he said.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/peter-canavan-believes-there-is-an-agenda-against-the-red-hand-county-as-tyrone-gaa-condemn-unwarranted-violence-37325340.html
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omaghjoe

Quote from: HiMucker on September 17, 2018, 05:25:20 PM
Jesus some of the Tyronies have gone ultra defensive, not surprising! Fair play to you Jinxy I wouldn't have wasted as much time on it. If you cant see what is wrong with it then I don't know. I don't think Harte is doing anything that controversial, it just shouldn't be done in this day and age when all work places, clubs whatever are trying to be inclusive. The Tyrone senior team is a shop front for the GAA in Tyrone and the country, and whether we like it or not the GAA would be seen as a cold house for some and things like this don't help. It might not make a blind bit of difference to participation now or in 5 years but that's not the point. It could make a difference a generation down the line, and how the same people who would rightly criticise the IFA or other institutions cant see that is confusing. I have made the same point about club masses. There is just no need for them anymore.

Where was the outcry about learning the National Anthem in Irish? I would say that most Protestants would find that far more offensive than saying a prayer to what would be the same God. I know I would it far more offensive to have to stand for God Save the Queen while playing soccer for Northern Ireland (and plenty of Nationalists do it NP.) than I would for joining them in a private prayer.

FFS James McClean is offended to wear a poppy and every green Tom Dick and Harry in the wee6 thinks he's a great fella

And if your lapsed atheist or agnostic there is literally nothing to be offended by, At worst is a waste of 2/3mins. And sure tons of them waste most of their season waiting around on the bench.

screenexile

Heard from a few sources today that the Cavanagh incident was accidental and straight in front of the referee... I wonder will all the moral crusaders like MacKenna/Kimmage and their ilk retract what they've said??

Sean's tweet was very cryptic... would he have had a book out recently??

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: screenexile on September 17, 2018, 11:27:46 PM
Heard from a few sources today that the Cavanagh incident was accidental and straight in front of the referee... I wonder will all the moral crusaders like MacKenna/Kimmage and their ilk retract what they've said??

Well when the evidence is as clear cut as you have outlined, I don't see how they can do anything other than retract
Hasta la victoria siempre

BennyHarp

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 18, 2018, 03:09:46 AM

Well when the evidence is as clear cut as you have outlined, I don't see how they can do anything other than retract

It's strange how so many people on here seem to genuinely want this to be a non accidental act of thuggery. I wonder why?
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on September 17, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

"I do believe that Tyrone are on the receiving end whenever there is negativity attached to gaelic games. It appears to be pointed up in this direction pretty quickly. I would say there is an agenda going on in that regard," he said.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/peter-canavan-believes-there-is-an-agenda-against-the-red-hand-county-as-tyrone-gaa-condemn-unwarranted-violence-37325340.html

There is an academic explanation for how Tyrone do it. Caravan whining is par for the course.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/17/science-behind-brexit-vote-trump
"Tight cultures have strong norms and little tolerance for deviance, while loose cultures are the opposite.

A discovery I and my team published in Science is that the strength of a culture's norms isn't random. Though they were separated by miles, and in some cases centuries, tight cultures as diverse as Sparta and Singapore have something in common: each faced (or faces) a high degree of threat, whether from Mother Nature – disasters, diseases, and food scarcity – or human nature – the chaos caused by invasions and internal conflicts.

Analysing hundreds of hunter-gatherer groups, as well as nation-states including the Aztecs and Incas, we found that cultures that experienced existential threats, such as famine and warfare, favoured strong norms and autocratic leaders. Our computer models show a similar effect: threat leads to the evolution of tightness."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on September 18, 2018, 07:43:35 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 17, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

There is an academic explanation for how Tyrone do it. Caravan whining is par for the course.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/17/science-behind-brexit-vote-trump
"Tight cultures have strong norms and little tolerance for deviance, while loose cultures are the opposite.

A discovery I and my team published in Science is that the strength of a culture's norms isn't random. Though they were separated by miles, and in some cases centuries, tight cultures as diverse as Sparta and Singapore have something in common: each faced (or faces) a high degree of threat, whether from Mother Nature – disasters, diseases, and food scarcity – or human nature – the chaos caused by invasions and internal conflicts.

Analysing hundreds of hunter-gatherer groups, as well as nation-states including the Aztecs and Incas, we found that cultures that experienced existential threats, such as famine and warfare, favoured strong norms and autocratic leaders. Our computer models show a similar effect: threat leads to the evolution of tightness."

I see what you did there. Classic.

haranguerer

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2018, 07:42:03 AM

It's strange how so many people on here seem to genuinely want this to be a non accidental act of thuggery. I wonder why?

You've got it the other way round - clearly many want it to be deliberate to back up valid points they've made re violence in the game. I'm not comfortable with the likes of matt cooper posting the photo of Cavanagh as evidence of that, when at the very least it is heavily disputed that that incident (unlike others in the game), was not deliberate. 'The other player involved didn't even get a card' is also a highly dubious statement, and seems to me an attempt to turn evidence that perhaps it wasn't deliberate into a calculated smearing of the referee.

BennyHarp

Quote from: haranguerer on September 18, 2018, 08:18:48 AM

You've got it the other way round - clearly many want it to be deliberate to back up valid points they've made re violence in the game. I'm not comfortable with the likes of matt cooper posting the photo of Cavanagh as evidence of that, when at the very least it is heavily disputed that that incident (unlike others in the game), was not deliberate. 'The other player involved didn't even get a card' is also a highly dubious statement, and seems to me an attempt to turn evidence that perhaps it wasn't deliberate into a calculated smearing of the referee.

That's my point - possibly not very well written though.

Never beat the deeler

I think you must have quoted the wrong post
Hasta la victoria siempre

BennyHarp

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 18, 2018, 09:21:52 AM

I think you must have quoted the wrong post

My apologies then.... clearly, I wrongly assumed you were being sarcastic.