Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Yea see today most of kids channels gone today. Still no mention of a fix yet. Where is Fintona when you him......

nrico2006

Loads of channels gone now. I'm going to go the IPTV route. I could live with what's went so far but was raging with sky sports box office going.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hardy

A neighbour has asked me to configure an Android box for him. He just wants Ireland and UK TV channels and any sports channels available. I'd like to throw in a movies add-on as well for him. I don't know much about these boxes/Kodi.

I could read this whole thread, but just wondering is there a quick answer to best TV, sports and movie add-ons - and their URLs, if possible. Can I get everything I need from Kodi or should I install other repos?

laoislad

For movies you could download Showbox or MovieHD. These aren't through Kodi but rather stand alone apps.

You wont find them on the play store so you need the apk for them. Just google showbox apk or MovieHD apk.

You could also install the Exodus repo on Kodi. This guy is your friend for that.
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-on-kodi-krypton/
Sports is more tricky. I think you'll find most will a agree a paid subscription to sportsmania or similar is the best route to take but there are other options like sports devil that are free repos. Once again the site I linked above is your best bet on easy ways of installing repos.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hardy

Itchy

Quote from: Hardy on May 02, 2017, 05:00:15 PM
A neighbour has asked me to configure an Android box for him. He just wants Ireland and UK TV channels and any sports channels available. I'd like to throw in a movies add-on as well for him. I don't know much about these boxes/Kodi.

I could read this whole thread, but just wondering is there a quick answer to best TV, sports and movie add-ons - and their URLs, if possible. Can I get everything I need from Kodi or should I install other repos?

Or go to a site like techkings, go to iptv forum and request an annual sub (30-60e), install and off ya go.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 01, 2017, 06:21:23 AM
Loads of channels gone now. I'm going to go the IPTV route. I could live with what's went so far but was raging with sky sports box office going.

I was in the local corner store the other day and the Indian owner had his TV going with a rugby game on. He told me he uses  IPTV and watches sports/shows/news and movies from all over the world. His setup is a MAG254 with the provider charging less then $100 a year and the MAG254 box cost under $100. He went through a lot of channels showing me all the features which were pretty cool and cheap compared to cable/satellite TV.

My question is- anyone using this in the states and which IPTV provider are you using and any problems?

Thanks,
DH
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

nrico2006

For TV Shows and Movies, I've been using MovieHD for years.  Best about.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

FL/MAYO

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on May 03, 2017, 02:02:52 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 01, 2017, 06:21:23 AM

I was in the local corner store the other day and the Indian owner had his TV going with a rugby game on. He told me he uses  IPTV and watches sports/shows/news and movies from all over the world. His setup is a MAG254 with the provider charging less then $100 a year and the MAG254 box cost under $100. He went through a lot of channels showing me all the features which were pretty cool and cheap compared to cable/satellite TV.

My question is- anyone using this in the states and which IPTV provider are you using and any problems?

Thanks,
DH

I use Ultimate mania integrated with OnTapp. I get 100's of channels including most of the Irish,  English and U.S channels. You can use​ it through Kodi, so if you're familiar with that set up it is easy to install.It works well most of the time.

snoopdog

Anyone seeing issue with Matrix tv at moment? My sportsmania is saying channel not available. ?

Gaffer

Seems ok to me! What channel you after?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on May 04, 2017, 05:26:08 PM
Anyone seeing issue with Matrix tv at moment? My sportsmania is saying channel not available. ?
Just checked mine all ok.
Maybe go into settings and clear cache or force stop app.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Yeah has happened to me a couple of times, It probably didn't close down right the last time. Force close the app and you should get straight back in.

Tony Baloney

Anyone lose Sportsmania? I was watching bits of Arsenal and the European rugby and neither available now.

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 13, 2017, 06:15:25 PM
Anyone lose Sportsmania? I was watching bits of Arsenal and the European rugby and neither available now.

Just checked there, Arsenal game working fine for me through matrixtv