Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Boycey you may start doing homers.

HiMucker

Folks I have cloud ibox.  Have had it about 2 years.  Pay £65 a year for basically every channel under the sun.  Have to say I think its brilliant value for money, but wondering if the couple of issues Im having is just something you have to accept or is there away around it?  Obviously without getting sky!

1)  No HD channels, which is fair enough.  However BT sport hd was working up until this September and now is off.  Same thing happened last year but it came back after a month.  Is it gone for good this time from dream boxes or is it likely to return? 

2) All the live sport is perfect bar the very odd time it freezes for 2 secs.  However I notice that the big football games on sky sports, generally on a Sunday seem to freeze quite a bit.  Never happens with BT sport.  I think I know why this is.  Its to do with the amount of people switching on and off that are on the dreambox providers server.

3) Never any issue with any Sky box office events or other pay per view events.  But I cant seem to get Sky box office movies

AZOffaly

OK, so my android box arrived and I got it up and going. Kodi Isengaard came preinstalled on it, and I put Mobdro on it as well. I've added the Exodus plug in to Kodi, which looks great for TV and Movie downloads. Is there anything else I absolutely should have on it, particularly in the live TV streaming/EPG areas? Looks good so far!

Up The Middle

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 16, 2016, 08:40:03 AM
OK, so my android box arrived and I got it up and going. Kodi Isengaard came preinstalled on it, and I put Mobdro on it as well. I've added the Exodus plug in to Kodi, which looks great for TV and Movie downloads. Is there anything else I absolutely should have on it, particularly in the live TV streaming/EPG areas? Looks good so far!

Phoenix, UK Turks, NJM Soccer. Toonmania very good for the kids as well.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

AZOffaly

Phoenix is preinstalled, but a lot of the channels don't seem to play? Mobdro seems much more reliable..

Up The Middle

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 16, 2016, 09:03:06 AM
Phoenix is preinstalled, but a lot of the channels don't seem to play? Mobdro seems much more reliable..

I use Phoenix and Turks for documentaires, lot of good sporting docs. Havent used Mobdro.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

AZOffaly

Mobdro is live TV streaming, and there's a few pre-recorded movies and TV series as well, but it looks as if they are just constantly streaming, so you don't actually get to pick the episode you want to watch. It's like old time TV where you turn on the channel and watch what's on. I use it for live TV because basically I know what I want to see and what channel it's on.

In Phoenix the Live TV streams seemed to be less available.

gallsman

Mobdro is just live streaming, most of which come from filmon.tv.

I thought phoenix had died, no?

Exodus and sportsmania are the only two you really need AZ.

AZOffaly

gallsman

Try sportsmania out for a month to see if you think it's worth it (although for 56 quid a year or whatever it is, it'd want to be shocking for nobody to think its worth it). Think you're a game pass subscriber so if happy, you could cut that out immediately and it will have "paid" itself back. It'll have all games live as well as red zone and the network.

Another thing that might be worth looking at is paying for a proxy/DNS service that is reliable and won't impact your speed the way something like Hula will. I think I paid 7 dollars for SmartDNS that allows me to route my internet from Spain through the UK to let me use all the TV players like iPlayer, as well as Amazon Prime Video. Will also you get things like US Netflix.

laoislad

What's the quality of stream like on Modbro? It used to be terrible.
Sportsmania is the only way to go imo.
Download Matrix TV and watch it through that. I find it easier than using it through Kodi. Also if your Kodi came pre loaded with a custom build then I would do a full reset and clear them all and just load Exodus and Sportsmania if you want. You have no need for anything else if you want sport and all the latest movies/TV shows. Pre loaded repos or custom builds will only slow it down in my experience.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Can you delete repositories rather than reloading the whole thing?

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 16, 2016, 09:44:03 AM
Can you delete repositories rather than reloading the whole thing?
Has your Kodi a custom build?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

No idea. It came preloaded on the box. It's called isengaard I think, from LOTR. There's a pile of add ons there alright, but I added Exodus. There's stuff there I'd like to delete to simplify the interface for others in the house, but I don't know how to 'delete' an add on.

gallsman

Adding back sports mania and exodus takes less than ten minutes combined.

I'd go into the application settings on the android box, delete all app data for kodi. Go to the Play Store and make sure app is up to date, then reinstall those two add one.

Google "seo Michael *name of add on*" and you'll find step by step instructions. Once you get used to it, it's handy.