Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banker

Quote from: joebloggs on March 07, 2016, 07:01:15 PM
Anyone find that the addons work in one house but the exact same device doesn't work in another? Both houses have BT broadband and the internet connection is working. When opening the add ons in on house it all works fine but in another it just says no stream available.

you will need to turn off your smart set up if you are with BT as this will not allow a lot of add-ons to work.

Any other internet provider you usually need to disable the internet security

below link shows how you turn off smart set up

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

banker

http://www.droidtvboxes.co.uk/Help/

more info on how to disable internet security with all providers

banker

i am not one for using builds but apparently wookie is the new big one. comes highly recommended from a few friends

below instructions

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

The Iceman

downloaded and used Exodus over the weekend  - good HD feeds and can't really complain other than missing the old favourites section on genesis.,,,,
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

joebloggs

Thanks for the info guys.
Would recommend using Exodus with the trakt.tv integration

ziggy90

Quote from: banker on March 07, 2016, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: joebloggs on March 07, 2016, 07:01:15 PM
Anyone find that the addons work in one house but the exact same device doesn't work in another? Both houses have BT broadband and the internet connection is working. When opening the add ons in on house it all works fine but in another it just says no stream available.

you will need to turn off your smart set up if you are with BT as this will not allow a lot of add-ons to work.

Any other internet provider you usually need to disable the internet security

below link shows how you turn off smart set up

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5
v

Would you have to do the same with Virgin broadband banker?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Gaffer

Neighbour got a firestick and attempted to connect it to his sky hub but won't connect for some reason.
He has other devices which connect no problem eg smartphone but no luck with the stick.
The hub is in the hallway next to the tv.
The stick works in my house.
Anyone any ideas?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

banker

Quote from: Gaffer on March 07, 2016, 10:27:38 PM
Neighbour got a firestick and attempted to connect it to his sky hub but won't connect for some reason.
He has other devices which connect no problem eg smartphone but no luck with the stick.
Anyone any ideas?

Gaffer he will need to disable the Sky Shield in broadband settings

Gaffer

Quote from: banker on March 09, 2016, 11:08:08 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on March 07, 2016, 10:27:38 PM
Anyone any ideas?

Gaffer he will need to disable the Sky Shield in broadband settings

Thanks Banker. Hope that works. Will tell him. !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

omagh_gael

Is it possible to view RTE through any Kodi apps?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 11, 2016, 10:29:45 PM
Is it possible to view RTE through any Kodi apps?

Castaway works for RTE

omagh_gael

square_ball

Anybody have any lip sync/voice lagging issues with kodi?

lurganblue

Quote from: square_ball on March 13, 2016, 09:28:34 PM
Anybody have any lip sync/voice lagging issues with kodi?

what add-on are you getting this from?  It's not something i've experienced from say exodus for tv shows/films.

square_ball

Sorry only seeing this now! It was actually the exodus add on that the problem. But a quick look on YouTube I got it sorted so happy enough now.