Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Found this video where Husham talks about possible replacement add-ons for Genesis, so may be of some use:

http://www.husham.com/is-gensis-rip-best-addons-to-replace-genesis-movies-shows-kodi-xbmc-2015/

Smokin Joe

BTW, is there a site that lists which repositories each add-on lives in?

So if you didn't want to install The Beast how do you actually go about installing all of the add-ons that you should  get?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Boycey on December 19, 2015, 10:40:20 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 19, 2015, 09:13:54 AM
Ignoring the build, are Genesis streams working for anyone?

No matter what I try to play the last few days I get "No streams available"

I saw on another Forum last night that it wasn't being supported anymore.. Its happened a couple of times before I think but the guy usually relents and updates it. Stream all the sources is decent alternative but from memory u have to fill in one of those captchas every time u watch something which is a ballache on a Firestick

Genesis is working for me, just checked.

laoislad

Premier League Pass working excellently on the firestick today.
Watching Everton Leicester in full HD.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 19, 2015, 02:44:13 PM

I saw on another Forum last night that it wasn't being supported anymore.. Its happened a couple of times before I think but the guy usually relents and updates it. Stream all the sources is decent alternative but from memory u have to fill in one of those captchas every time u watch something which is a ballache on a Firestick

Mine is too, but if he has stopped supporting it it'll grind to a halt over time...

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Boycey on December 19, 2015, 05:18:03 PM

Mine is too, but if he has stopped supporting it it'll grind to a halt over time...

Could you give me an example of a working one so I can check on mine.  I couldn't even get Santa Claus: The Movie working today on Genesis (or SALTS for that matter).

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 19, 2015, 06:33:49 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 19, 2015, 05:18:03 PM

Could you give me an example of a working one so I can check on mine.  I couldn't even get Santa Claus: The Movie working today on Genesis (or SALTS for that matter).

I only have the few add-ons currently installed so I can't vouch for what's working Genesis has been servicing all my tv/film needs. Showbox and Icefilms??? sp. are two I used in the past..

Up The Middle

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 18, 2015, 09:52:54 AM
Lads, I can't stress enough.  Try the Black Box Build.  I posted about it a couple of pages back.

Never have a problem!

Downloaded it over the weekend. Great job, has sorted all my issues.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

The Gs Man

Happy days!

Search for the Black Box facebook group.  Some good hints etc. to keep everything cleaned up.
Keep 'er lit

Smokin Joe

What add-ons are included in the Black Box bulild?

manfromdelmonte

What sort of speeds are you working off for these Android boxes?

I have 6-8 mbps, I'm considering getting one

JoG2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 22, 2015, 09:02:06 PM
What sort of speeds are you working off for these Android boxes?

I have 6-8 mbps, I'm considering getting one

My speed would be fairly similar delmonte and I've zero trouble casting from movie HD and Showbox to my chromecast running 1080 movies / shows.  Shouldn't be an issue with the box slotting directly in

The Gs Man

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 22, 2015, 07:16:57 PM
What add-ons are included in the Black Box bulild?

All the main ones Joe.

Genesis, Phoenix, Sports Devil, Robocop, UK Turks, etc etc.

It just seems to be a cleaner build which takes up less space.

There's an adult version, kids version, Christmas version etc.
Keep 'er lit

Smokin Joe

Cheers all.

I removed The Beast this morning and installed BlackBox and I have to say that I'm hugely impressed.  I find that there are more working links to movies and the sports channels than there were with The Beast on my Firestick.

As The Beast had already installed Ares Wizard it meant that it was really easy to remove The Beast and install BlackBox from within Ares.

JohnDenver

I see the Beast has actually released a slimmed down version which he has aimed at the likes of the firestick - roughly 155MB, v1.5