Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 16, 2015, 10:11:33 AM
i have the stick up and running and am just getting the hang of it. Ive noticed that a lot of the streams don't work (when I click into them they start searching then just stop) when this has happened me quite a few times Kodi actually freezes and wont let me do anything, I have to power of and on. I cleared the data and reinstalled the beast but it still happens. Any ideas?

Hang in there, it does come back, but takes a few minutes, hence the reason I want to regress to an older version.

I thought the same thing was happening when I upgraded Kodi to v16

laoislad

Quote from: johnneycool on December 16, 2015, 09:54:13 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 15, 2015, 10:45:31 AM
I'd be careful of the very cheap units. I had a one and it didn't play Kodi that good.
Something around the €50 mark should be fine.
My main one that I use is called a MXIII. You shoud be able find it in eBay for around the €50 mark.

On firestarter you have the option of undating Kodi, which I did from some version 14 to a v16 beta and now its as slow as a wet week. Updated again to the proper version of v16 and its also no better.

Is there any way of regressing on a firestick?
Just delete it altogether and search for an earlier version of Kodi on google?
There are plenty about if you google.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

i have the stick up and running and am just getting the hang of it. Ive noticed that a lot of the streams don't work (when I click into them they start searching then just stop) when this has happened me quite a few times Kodi actually freezes and wont let me do anything, I have to power of and on. I cleared the data and reinstalled the beast but it still happens. Any ideas?

I had the Beast installed but felt the FireStick was getting sluggish and unresponsive. After a bit of googling I found a forum where the consensus was that although those Custom Builds are pretty to look at they make Kodi run slowly and have far to many add-ons on them. Ultimately most of those custom builds are built on the main add-ons anyway, Genesis/Phoenix/SportsDevil/UkTurk/Robocop/VDubt25 so I did a fresh install of Kodi and installed 10 or so add-ons and its much better since..

The firestick is a small device with limited processing power so less is probably more in terms of what you put on it.... I also run Kodi on a laptop and still have The Beast on it and it works the best.

cavan4sam

Does anyone know if you can add the ZEM TV addon into the beast build?

I have the addon installed but it won't play with the beast build. I know its working as I have it on my PC (no beast build) and it works fine there.

Any help would be appreciated

trueblue1234

I have Genesis installed on the firestick. What would be the best add-on for live sport?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnneycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 16, 2015, 11:46:26 AM
I have Genesis installed on the firestick. What would be the best add-on for live sport?

I normally use sportsdevil and premier league pass.

Up The Middle

Quote from: johnneycool on December 16, 2015, 11:49:06 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 16, 2015, 11:46:26 AM

I normally use sportsdevil and premier league pass.

These both come in the beast as far as I can see.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Boycey on December 16, 2015, 10:52:26 AM

I had the Beast installed but felt the FireStick was getting sluggish and unresponsive. After a bit of googling I found a forum where the consensus was that although those Custom Builds are pretty to look at they make Kodi run slowly and have far to many add-ons on them. Ultimately most of those custom builds are built on the main add-ons anyway, Genesis/Phoenix/SportsDevil/UkTurk/Robocop/VDubt25 so I did a fresh install of Kodi and installed 10 or so add-ons and its much better since..

I agree with that Boycey, but where The Beast wins out is that it saves you having to manually key in the Repositories and then manually adding the add-ons.  The Beast is just super convenient.

Up The Middle

Quote from: laoislad on December 16, 2015, 10:30:48 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on December 16, 2015, 09:54:13 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 15, 2015, 10:45:31 AM

Mine is constantly freezing when I go to put a film on. Just sits there and does nothing and I have to hit the home button to leave kodi altogether. Is there anything I can do different?
I'd be careful of the very cheap units. I had a one and it didn't play Kodi that good.
Something around the €50 mark should be fine.
My main one that I use is called a MXIII. You shoud be able find it in eBay for around the €50 mark.

On firestarter you have the option of undating Kodi, which I did from some version 14 to a v16 beta and now its as slow as a wet week. Updated again to the proper version of v16 and its also no better.

Is there any way of regressing on a firestick?
Just delete it altogether and search for an earlier version of Kodi on google?
There are plenty about if you google.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Up The Middle

Mine is constantly freezing when I go to put a film on. Just sits there and does nothing and I have to hit the home button to leave kodi altogether. Is there anything I can do different?

heffo

Can anyone recommend a decent box and somewhere to get it - want to get a second one..cheers

Smokin Joe

Anyone else struggling with Genesis links recently?

Pretty much always getting "No streams available".

I wonder is it an IP geoblock thing or perhaps has Kodi / Genesis become so popular that it's causing the problems.  Any users have any insights?

Up The Middle

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 17, 2015, 08:14:22 PM

I wonder is it an IP geoblock thing or perhaps has Kodi / Genesis become so popular that it's causing the problems.  Any users have any insights?

I'm having serious problems getting anything to work. Either no streams or nothing happens when I hit the select button ie bt sport Europe won't come on at all. I'm about to f**k it out the window. Piece of shit.

heffo

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 17, 2015, 09:07:43 PM

I'm having serious problems getting anything to work. Either no streams or nothing happens when I hit the select button ie bt sport Europe won't come on at all. I'm about to f**k it out the window. Piece of shit.

Moi aussi

Boycey

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 17, 2015, 09:07:43 PM

I told you the other day what was wrong with it... There is now a Beast light I think it you want to stay with custom builds...

The TV channels are notoriously unreliable even at the best of times.

My experience of Kodi in general is that its top notch for tv shows, films and Premier League footy and a bit hit and miss for anything else. Its certainly not a viable alternative to SKY if that's what you want.