Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: DEL on April 22, 2018, 08:48:49 PM
McCurry and Con Kilpatrick both excellent for Edendork. Errigal very poor first half. Sean Hurston helped keep Errigal at arms length it was open house on Peter Harte he needed a saddle. Harte senior should look at Kilpatrick for a county run looks to have it all.

Was at the game as a neutral and was looking forward to see two youthful teams go at it but was disappointed as I thought it was the older experienced players that played all the football. Game of two halves. Very strong wind which edendork had in first half, hence the half time lead and the 2nd half come back. McCurry Very good first half kicking a few nice points. Peter Harte very good for errigal, although missed a difficult free at the end to draw it and missed a 1 on 1 goal chance. I was quite disappointed in Conn, heard he had done well on McClure and against omagh as well so was expecting more. Looked lazy and although errigal dominated around midfield with peter harte and ben mcdonald, he had an important fetch near the end. Peter Mccarton last years tyrone minor captain looks like he has potential and looks dangerous but he has a lot to learn and took on 3 or 4 bad shots. I believe he hasn't broken into the starting panel yet and only came on at half time but I'm not sure why? Was looking forward to seeing Paul donaghy also as he started for Tyrone u21's last year and I was impressed with him only 19 at the time but he wasn't togged out I can only assume injury? All in all game probably deserved a draw. neither team really played well although some excellent score taking with the wind. Sean Hurson reffed the game, doesn't seem a fan of black cards which is good but gave 1 very obvious one at the end. A couple of bad decisions but cant be perfect but I feel reffered it very well.

Massive result for Carmen and good to see moy putting up a bit more fight. Supposedly a bit of controversy at the moy game as the ref had a draw but scoreboard and fans had moy winning by a point? any one at it or hear anything more?

Trillick have got of to a flyer and could be the one to beat in the championship this year.

Taylor

McCurry was excellent yesterday. A great talent to watch in full flow.

Referees need to take a look at themselves when county players are playing. Its either you cant touch them without them getting a free or like yesterday Pete Harte got unreal amount of abuse without getting a free.
Some of the periods of play were he didnt get a free were nothing short of a disgrace

The Golden Years

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 22, 2018, 07:53:52 PM
That was some result for Carmen today!

Dont sound so surprised.  I was confident going into that game yesterday. We played some decent football against Omagh in a game which i felt afterwards that we left the points behind. Improved even more for Clonoe and fully deserved the points and took it to another level again yesterday totally out playing a "strong" Cappagh team. Although i do believe we are not quite at a level yet to be competing for a championship but we are heading in the right direction after a few years of negative football that was introduced by Fergal McCann. We might not have an outstanding talent on our team such as a petey Harte or Mattie Donnelly but i do believe we have one of the strongest panels in the county.  A lot of youth starting to push on now with a few of them getting game time yesterday also.

Hereiam

Was at errigal game yesterday and have to say that the GAA as a whole is going to have to look at introducing a limit on the number of backroom staff that can be on the sideline and a technical area that they cant step out of. Edendork had 6-7 men walking out onto the pitch shouting instructions which was ridiculous looking.

GaaFanatic123

It will never happen and if it does then clubs will still find ways around it to get men on the field. Example They will end up having a trainer doing linesman, or have there coaches doing umpires etc

The Golden Years

Quote from: Hereiam on April 23, 2018, 12:21:32 PM
Was at errigal game yesterday and have to say that the GAA as a whole is going to have to look at introducing a limit on the number of backroom staff that can be on the sideline and a technical area that they cant step out of. Edendork had 6-7 men walking out onto the pitch shouting instructions which was ridiculous looking.

What do clubs require all these men on the line for.  Surely with so many men shouting on instruction, this can only be confusing and counter productive.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 23, 2018, 11:27:21 AM

Dont sound so surprised.  I was confident going into that game yesterday. We played some decent football against Omagh in a game which i felt afterwards that we left the points behind. Improved even more for Clonoe and fully deserved the points and took it to another level again yesterday totally out playing a "strong" Cappagh team. Although i do believe we are not quite at a level yet to be competing for a championship but we are heading in the right direction after a few years of negative football that was introduced by Fergal McCann. We might not have an outstanding talent on our team such as a petey Harte or Mattie Donnelly but i do believe we have one of the strongest panels in the county.  A lot of youth starting to push on now with a few of them getting game time yesterday also.

Was Fergal McCann the Carrickmore manager? Is he coaching cappagh now? Suprised he took a coaching role after managing carmen.

GetOverTheBar

Really?

Edendork have 1 manager. 1 assistant manager. 2 'mentors' and a statistician. So that's 5....at the very most. The only time all 5 were ever on the pitch at one time was HT.

Absolute non truth.

leenie

Often wondered when I see a post on here regarding ppl being neutrals at league matches ?  Surely your own club is playing at that time ...would you not be at your own game..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2018, 01:42:51 PM

Really?

Edendork have 1 manager. 1 assistant manager. 2 'mentors' and a statistician. So that's 5....at the very most. The only time all 5 were ever on the pitch at one time was HT.

Absolute non truth.
Non of them should be on the pitch at anytime though
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Golden Years

Quote from: Under Lights on April 23, 2018, 01:39:20 PM

Was Fergal McCann the Carrickmore manager? Is he coaching cappagh now? Suprised he took a coaching role after managing carmen.

He was the coach at carrickmore and trained the team to play defensively. All he done imo was cost the club a fortune.  Didnt suit us at all but we have learned and are moving on.   

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 23, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

Really?

Absolute non truth.

Agreed - but I had to post that defence as it plainly did not happen.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2018, 02:09:44 PM

Really?

Absolute non truth.

That's that cleared up. Not 6-7 but only 5. FFS More 'managers' than Tesco's Dungannon.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 23, 2018, 02:05:23 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 23, 2018, 01:39:20 PM

He was the coach at carrickmore and trained the team to play defensively. All he done imo was cost the club a fortune.  Didnt suit us at all but we have learned and are moving on.
So who was the manager? Would the manager not be dictacting the way the team is coached/set up?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2018, 02:24:30 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2018, 02:09:44 PM

Really?

Absolute non truth.

That's that cleared up. Not 6-7 but only 5. FFS More 'managers' than Tesco's Dungannon.

You'll find this is fairly standard at any club to be honest. Hardly cause for comment. Indeed Errigal had an ex Edendork manager on their sideline yesturday along with Pascal Canavan and a few others.