AI Hurling Championship 2024

Started by johnnycool, April 19, 2024, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Gael85

seafoid

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on Today at 07:44:00 PMOk, so how much will Limerick win by? I'm gonna say 8.

Was feeling good about this when Flanagan's second went in.

First time a team has responded to limerick's 3rd quarter push. Incredible run from Kingston to win the penalty.

Milltown Row2

Football shits the bed with regards to entertainment
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

joemamas

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 08:42:17 PMFootball shits the bed with regards to entertainment

Unfortunatley very true, when you think of the comparison of that and the
Armagh V Down game tow weeks ago.
btw Mike Finnerty is such a better commentator that Marty or (its a huge one) Ger

Milltown Row2

Quote from: joemamas on Today at 08:46:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 08:42:17 PMFootball shits the bed with regards to entertainment

Unfortunatley very true, when you think of the comparison of that and the
Armagh V Down game tow weeks ago.
btw Mike Finnerty is such a better commentator that Marty or (its a huge one) Ger

Clare v Limerick was game of year then this one turns up!

Mental effort for both, Limerick hate losing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Babs Keating Says Hurling Should Break Away From Croke Park and "Run Their Own Organisation"

"I'm saying it loud and clear, the first thing hurling counties should do is break from Croke Park and run their own association".
(Babs Keating)

"but more than anything he finds himself growing increasingly concerned about the state of the GAA; where it's going, what it stands for, who it represents".

"I'm saying it loud and clear, the first thing hurling counties should do is break from Croke Park and run their own association".

No intercounty activity in August or September, the tinkering with the age grades and what he sees as the ostracisation of older people by the GAA, none of it sits well with him.  And then there's hurling.

"Hurling is treated as a second-class citizen and it's never going to get enough support in the current arrangement, because football dominates in terms of votes. Hurling counties should go out on their own and do so immediately."

source: irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games

Capt Pat

When Limerick took the lead and got to 4 points ahead I thought Cork were goners. However Cork clung on and got to within striking distance and Kingston and Horgan did the rest.

marty34

Some game in Cork. Well done The Rebels for hanging in there then getting over the line.

Great game altogether.  Why wasn't this on tv? Madness. Instead of this dross tomorrow.

Cork only have 2pts so another knock-out game V Tipp next week-end. Should be a great occasion in Thurles.

Cork will need to get down to earth again asap and get the bodies right.

Re: Carlow V KK. Never seen a few like that awarded before and I've seen loads of lads beating the ball away after going over the sideline. 

Well played Carlow. Big heart kept them in it and KK couldn't put them away. They hit a lot of wides and let Carlow hang in the game.  Both Munster and Leinster groups are hanging in the balance.

Great entertainment.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on Today at 09:26:04 PMSome game in Cork. Well done The Rebels for hanging in there then getting over the line.

Great game altogether.  Why wasn't this on tv? Madness. Instead of this dross tomorrow.

Cork only have 2pts so another knock-out game V Tipp next week-end. Should be a great occasion in Thurles.

Cork will need to get down to earth again asap and get the bodies right.

Re: Carlow V KK. Never seen a few like that awarded before and I've seen loads of lads beating the ball away after going over the sideline. 

Well played Carlow. Big heart kept them in it and KK couldn't put them away. They hit a lot of wides and let Carlow hang in the game.  Both Munster and Leinster groups are hanging in the balance.

Great entertainment.

You know it's a rule though? Done it plenty