Club Managers 2016

Started by Ogie, December 14, 2015, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogie

Any new appointments or re appointments ratified yet??

ClashAsh

Yeah very hush hush on the hurling manager merry go round. Any new Senior hurling managers in place with any teams for next season?

finbar o tool

Camross and Borris/Kilcotton stay the same as last year.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Helix

Can anyone confirm management of the Harps for 2016 as David Cuddy of Castletown? Good appointment if so!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Ogie

That is confirmed David Cuddy for The Harps 2016
Ken Hogan reappointed for Borris Kilcotton
Arien Delaney reappointed for Camross
John Taylor reappointed for Portlaoise
Ballinakill ?? Is
Rathdowney Errill nobody appointed yet
Abbeyleix also looking for new manager
Not confirmed yet but presume Kevin Martin will stay on with CB

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ogie on December 29, 2015, 03:03:27 PM
That is confirmed David Cuddy for The Harps 2016

Interesting- with or without Laois camogie?

Quote from: Ogie on December 29, 2015, 03:03:27 PM
Abbeyleix also looking for new manager

Very important appointment for them.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

Without I heard Keyser. Wouldn't mange a team competing with his own club in Senior B (Castletown and Shanahoe).
Best of luck to him hope it works out!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

merman

Kevin Martin staying with CB.

Pressure is on a little as I understand a couple of clubs have started back training already.

ClashAsh

Jeez, teams are going back earlier and earlier each year. Where will it all stop. The season is a long year. What teams are back already?

Ogie

Senior Managers 2016

Clough Ballacolla Kevin Martin
Camross Arien Delaney
Balinakill James Carroll (last years Abbeyleix manager & current Laois minor coach
Borris Kilcotton Ken Hogan
Rathdowney Errill Brian Young (Castlecomer)
The Harps David Cuddy
Portlaoise John Taylor
Abbeyleix Not yet appointed

Unlaoised

John Taylor has stepped down from Portlaoise I believe!
LAOIS ABÚ

Tobias

I really can't see how any man can take on A county minor team and a senior club team in the same year. County minors nowadays train 4 or 5 nights a week at different stages. Anyone involved at county level should be focusing solely on that team to get the best out of them. Something has to give.

ClashAsh

Quote from: Tobias on January 14, 2016, 08:55:48 PM
I really can't see how any man can take on A county minor team and a senior club team in the same year. County minors nowadays train 4 or 5 nights a week at different stages. Anyone involved at county level should be focusing solely on that team to get the best out of them. Something has to give.

Fair point, well made. If involved at county level regardless of grade with the demands and levels of professionalism that go with it it should be your only focus and managing a senior club team as well could end up being a major distraction. It will take fair handling and time management skills to double job like that.
Heard Abbeyleix appointed a senior manager a good few weeks ago but didn't hear who it was.
Have Rathdowney changed their manager?

Keyser Söze

Aside from the fact that he is double jobbing with Laois minors, it is an unusual move to a neighbouring club?
Were Abbeyleix not happy with him?
Were Ballinakill (who on the face of it had a great year last year) not happy with their manager?

Unusual move for Taylor to stand down? Having won an U21 & Senior B.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Ogie

Ballinakill have kept on last years manager Bertie Sherlock as well, Bertie would be very highly regarded nationally as a physical coach.

Abbeyleix have appointed Mark Tyrrell from James Stephens, brother of Jackies