9 Eddie Hoare
10 Joe Bergin
11 Cormac Bane
12 Gary Sice
13 Matthew Clancy
14 CillĂ­n De Paor
15 Sean Armstrong

ballela-angel

Duine Eile - Can you tell me if Pat O'Hagan (Down All-Ireland winner in 1960 and 1961) has a grandson on the Galway team/panel this year?
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

PAULD123

So Bergin has been brought in for Higgins, and Forde brought in at CHB for Coyne are the only unforced changes.

Burke has moved to RCB to fill Fitzgerald's retirement, Reilly has come in for Burke's LHB position.

I guess the Reilly move is expected as he came on as sub for Fitzgerald that last time out.

I also guess the move to bring in Bergin is expected. Why did Bergin not start against Monaghan, he is a quality player, but isn't he naturally a Left half forward?

What do Galwegians think of the the moves to bring in Forde?

Banana Man

what age is bergin? he seems to have beena round forever

Duine Eile

Ballela angel to be honest I don't know but that story is ringing a bell. You wouldn't have a name? Bergin is about 29 I think, he was 19/20 when Galway won the AI in 2001. He was sick for the Monaghan game as far as I know. Delighted to see Colin Forde  included,very talented young player but he's usually fullback so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on at no.6 Having Gary Sice playing wing forward again is ridiculous though and Cillin de Paor is not an inter county player.

ross matt

Quote from: ballela-angel on February 18, 2011, 01:51:48 AM
Duine Eile - Can you tell me if Pat O'Hagan (Down All-Ireland winner in 1960 and 1961) has a grandson on the Galway team/panel this year?

I thinks its the Reilly lad from Claregalway who is a grandson of O'Hagan the former Down great.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: PAULD123 on February 18, 2011, 09:21:24 AM
What do Galwegians think of the the moves to bring in Forde?

Forde was fullback on the team that would the minor All-Ireland in 07. He also plays full-back for his club Corofin so asking a lot of him to fill in successfully at centre-back. However with Diarmuid Blake injured and Niall Coleman having just left the panel they were probably scrambling to fill that position.

Big guns obviously still missing so hard to see anything other than a defeat and maybe a bad one.

mouview

Quote from: ross matt on February 18, 2011, 11:39:52 AM

I thinks its the Reilly lad from Claregalway who is a grandson of O'Hagan the former Down great.

No, 'tis Danny Cummins, indeed a grandson of the late Patsy Hagan who passed away last year (?)

Small bit better shape about this Galway team, De Paor apart, but playing the AI finalists on home ground is a big ask. Still, I backed the draw!!!!!

ross4life

What's the story with PJ & Michael Meehan are they injured?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: ross4life on February 18, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
I expect both will be back, possibly before the end of the league campaign.  Meehan had another operation in late Nov so he is still recovering.  He will not be risked this year until he is 100% right, unlike last year, but i believe he is progressing well.  PJ had a long enough campaign with the club last year, also got married in Oct, so I guess he is just minding himself!  He is no spring chicken anymore!

ross4life

I suppose, sounds like Meehan is having a bad time with injuries? anyways will need both fit & ready for the trip to McHale Park.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 18, 2011, 01:22:36 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 18, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
I expect both will be back, possibly before the end of the league campaign.  Meehan had another operation in late Nov so he is still recovering.  He will not be risked this year until he is 100% right, unlike last year, but i believe he is progressing well.  PJ had a long enough campaign with the club last year, also got married in Oct, so I guess he is just minding himself!  He is no spring chicken anymore!

Said in the Tribune today that Meehan probably won't play any part in the league anyway. He came back from injury for the Sligo game last year but you could tell he wasn't right. Probably rushed back ahead of time. PJ may or may not play a game or two towards the end of the league campaign. No sightings of Nicky.

ross matt

Quote from: mouview on February 18, 2011, 12:42:34 PM
Quote from: ross matt on February 18, 2011, 11:39:52 AM

No, 'tis Danny Cummins, indeed a grandson of the late Patsy Hagan who passed away last year (?)

Small bit better shape about this Galway team, De Paor apart, but playing the AI finalists on home ground is a big ask. Still, I backed the draw!!!!!
Soory Mouview you're right. Is the Cummins lad from Claregalway or have I that wrong too?

galwayman

Yeah Cummins plays for Claregalway alright. Forde plays for Killererin not Corofin.

Meehan was rushed back to play against Sligo after a knee injury and actually ended up breaking his ankle so that's why he has been out for so long.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on February 18, 2011, 05:32:53 PM
Yeah Cummins plays for Claregalway alright. Forde plays for Killererin not Corofin.

Yeah got Forde mixed up alright.