China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMAC

Parents are texting saying make sure you lie and say she has symptoms or won't get a test - seriously how is any of this correct!

Cobra

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 11:52:16 AM
She can come back with a negative PCR - not one appointment can I get - in fact you have to lie on the online booking as she doesn't fall into their categories - over 80 girls sent home - shit show doesn't come close.

Same in local secondary. Pile of 1st years sent home and no tests can be got. It's a f**king mess and the teaching unions are to blame for having them sent home. Testing children with no symptoms is f**king stupid. Children tend not to die or even get sick, there is minimal risk.
If unvaccinated people get the virus and get sick or die then that is on them. Time everything went back to normal including schools. We cannot continue to live like this.

HiMucker

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 12:00:30 PM
Parents are texting saying make sure you lie and say she has symptoms or won't get a test - seriously how is any of this correct!
I think the website where you book a PCR test is wrong and has been wrong for quite some time, which is a bloody farce. The official guidelines is that you get a test if you are a close contact of a positive case. Yet as you say above you have to lie in order to get it if you have no symptoms. This has sort of been widely accepted, as anyone I know who has got a test in the last 6+ months has had to do the same in order to get a test if they displayed no symptoms or not the 3 listed symptoms. Absolute farce. I know ones now, who have been close contacts and don't bother getting the test as they have said the website tells them they don't need to as they are vaccinated, and they dont see the need to lie to get it and just carry on as normal. I cant blame them.

TMAC

Unfortunately my daughter cannot return to school without a negative PCR, one girl had Covid-19 in August she was allowed to remain in school, on her own, you couldn't make it up.

Don Johnson

Got the phone call at 1pm on Monday my wee girl was a contact at her after school on Friday. So I'd to leave work and go and get her.

The nearest test centre available for me that afternoon was f**king Ballycastle at 2.30pm. It's an hour and a half drive for me.

Hadn't even had my lunch yet was driving down the road f**king starving eating the remainder of my wee girl's lunchbox to keep me going!

Negative result came through Tuesday morning which was good she only missed a couple of hours school on the Monday. I know other parents from the after school that haven't had their results back yet.

the goal was on

How did people expect anything different from our executive. Awol for 2 months while cases went through the roof. Michelle o Neill called boris johnson wreckless not long ago. Considering we have highest case and death rates in europe she has lost the very very small credibility she had left.
Parents will be over the edge in coming days and weeks.
If they didn't see this coming then they are not fit for purpose.

Cobra

Quote from: the goal was on on September 08, 2021, 01:21:51 PM
How did people expect anything different from our executive. Awol for 2 months while cases went through the roof. Michelle o Neill called boris johnson wreckless not long ago. Considering we have highest case and death rates in europe she has lost the very very small credibility she had left.
Parents will be over the edge in coming days and weeks.
If they didn't see this coming then they are not fit for purpose.

Totally correct

lfdown2

Went online to book at a test at 10:00, booked and completed by 13:00. I would be calling bullsh1t on some of you.

I have great sympathy for educators this year, not sure what can be expected of them in light of the guidance.

TMAC

Quote from: lfdown2 on September 08, 2021, 02:01:41 PM
Went online to book at a test at 10:00, booked and completed by 13:00. I would be calling bullsh1t on some of you.

I have great sympathy for educators this year, not sure what can be expected of them in light of the guidance.

What part you calling bullsh1t, having to lie to get to the selection stage, or the unavailable of tests when you get past that stage? You saying you were a full 3 hours trying to get one?

Cobra

We really need to stop testing. It's pointless at this stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 02:22:01 PM

What part you calling bullsh1t, having to lie to get to the selection stage, or the unavailable of tests when you get past that stage? You saying you were a full 3 hours trying to get one?

Why would you be lying to get to selection page?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TMAC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 02:58:04 PM

Try logging on as a close contact as advised by your school and get back to me.

TMAC

Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 02:57:14 PM
We really need to stop testing. It's pointless at this stage.

Stoops want us all locked up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 02:58:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 02:58:04 PM

Try logging on as a close contact as advised by your school and get back to me.

you book a test if you have symptoms, if you don't then why would you book a test? close contact if that person has covid yes, not any other reason
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea