ned

Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 12, 2018, 01:27:59 PM
Quote from: ned on August 12, 2018, 12:39:45 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 12, 2018, 11:34:09 AM
Quote from: ned on August 12, 2018, 10:35:56 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 11, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 11, 2018, 01:59:11 PM
Cuntyhole Kyle again

Seems to always do the business against Celtic.

Always? They beat us once last year, they beat us yesterday with a good goal from lafferty. Apart from that he has done little against Celtic. He is a hortible, nasty football player.
Other than the fake headbut incident, what else has he done to warrant the 'horrible, nasty football player' tag?

Maybe because he often throws himself about like a thug when he plays Celtic. Naismith is probably worse. They play in the mould and at the instructions of their greeting faced manager. Lafferty has been booked everytime he has played for Hearts against Celtic.

I'm sure the Hearts fans and Rangers fans before would expect nothing less than full blooded commitment against Celtic, just as the Celtic fans expect the same from Scott Brown.

Scott Brown rarely oversteps the mark but what has that got to do with Lafferty?
There is commitment and then there is thuggery. Also they should try the same 'commitment' against other teams not just Celtic. By the way, Lafferty isn't the worst in Scottish football.

michaelg

Quote from: ned on August 12, 2018, 02:10:44 PM
Cuntyhole Kyle again

Always? They beat us once last year, they beat us yesterday with a good goal from lafferty. Apart from that he has done little against Celtic. He is a hortible, nasty football player.
Other than the fake headbut incident, what else has he done to warrant the 'horrible, nasty football player' tag?

Maybe because he often throws himself about like a thug when he plays Celtic. Naismith is probably worse. They play in the mould and at the instructions of their greeting faced manager. Lafferty has been booked everytime he has played for Hearts against Celtic.

I'm sure the Hearts fans and Rangers fans before would expect nothing less than full blooded commitment against Celtic, just as the Celtic fans expect the same from Scott Brown.

Scott Brown rarely oversteps the mark but what has that got to do with Lafferty?
There is commitment and then there is thuggery. Also they should try the same 'commitment' against other teams not just Celtic. By the way, Lafferty isn't the worst in Scottish football.
Bit of a chicken and egg type scenario maybe, but Lafferty's 'commitment' might be something to do with the stick he receives from the Celtic fans.

illdecide

He's 7 foot, he plays the flute. Kyle Lafferty(NI Song). Kyle scored a good goal in fairness and Hearts deserved their win as they out fought Celtic and wanted it more. BR got his team selection badly wrong yesterday, not only had the players one eye on Tuesday evening but the replacements that came in for Celtic were poor and not good enough. Hearts have worked out that getting stuck into Celtic gets them results and to be fair it seems to be working for them but Ref could and should have came down a bit heavier on a few tackles, J Hayes took a few heavy hits and that Naismith showed his class kicking out at Hayes and then standing over him shouting in his face as he lay injured...Scummy.

As for going forward, we need 2-3 new players but quality ones. Players are saying the Well is dry and Celtic's fear factor is gone, think that's a bit premature TBH and I'd be surprised if we don't get a reaction from Celtic on Tuesday night and the next few league games...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

michaelg

Quote from: illdecide on August 12, 2018, 04:09:05 PM
He's 7 foot, he plays the flute. Kyle Lafferty(NI Song). Kyle scored a good goal in fairness and Hearts deserved their win as they out fought Celtic and wanted it more. BR got his team selection badly wrong yesterday, not only had the players one eye on Tuesday evening but the replacements that came in for Celtic were poor and not good enough. Hearts have worked out that getting stuck into Celtic gets them results and to be fair it seems to be working for them but Ref could and should have came down a bit heavier on a few tackles, J Hayes took a few heavy hits and that Naismith showed his class kicking out at Hayes and then standing over him shouting in his face as he lay injured...Scummy.

As for going forward, we need 2-3 new players but quality ones. Players are saying the Well is dry and Celtic's fear factor is gone, think that's a bit premature TBH and I'd be surprised if we don't get a reaction from Celtic on Tuesday night and the next few league games...
Was a Rangers song which was subsequently sang by NI fans.

ned

Quote from: michaelg on August 12, 2018, 02:28:24 PM
Cuntyhole Kyle again

I've no problem with a player giving his all. Thats not what lafferty does.

Bit of a chicken and egg type scenario maybe, but Lafferty's 'commitment' might be something to do with the stick he receives from the Celtic fans.

charlieTully

Quote from: michaelg on August 12, 2018, 04:49:21 PM

is there a difference?

michaelg

Quote from: charlieTully on August 12, 2018, 06:56:25 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 12, 2018, 04:49:21 PM

is there a difference?
Not really.  So is that song part of the reason why is he disliked so much by Celtic fans

illdecide

illdecide

No...See image on previous page why Celtic fans don't like him

ned

Quote from: ned on August 12, 2018, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 12, 2018, 02:28:24 PM
Cuntyhole Kyle again

I've no problem with a player giving his all. Thats not what lafferty does.

QUOTE FAIL!
Giving and receiving stick is neither here nor there. His gesture above does not bother me. His elbows, over the top tackles and general loutish behaviour playing for Hearts against Celtic does.

Applesisapples

Celtic were for and lacked any cutting edge against Hearts. On this evidence I sincerely hope the fall of last year does not continue. That said only 2 games in lets give it a week. :)

themac_23

Lafferty is actually married to a catholic, think it was a drama at the time think he was married in a catholic church, him and Darren O'Dea are married to 2 sisters i think. Lafferty not the worst guy, hes a unionist from NI, loves Rangers, id expect him to bust his balls everytime he plays us, no big deal just have a look at Stokes when he played for Hibs against Rangers, used to be like a man possessed

ned

Lafferty's nationality, religion or off field personality has nothing to do with my opinion on his nastiness on the field for Hearts against Celtic. Hearts decision to play the way they do gets them so far but has won them nothing recently. Their decision to keep long grass on their pitch for Celtic's visit (and only Celtic's) appears to have backfired long term, possibly contributing to injury to their captain Berra.

P.s. O'Dea is almost as bad.

illdecide

Quote from: ned on August 14, 2018, 01:45:00 PM
Lafferty's nationality, religion or off field personality has nothing to do with my opinion on his nastiness on the field for Hearts against Celtic. Hearts decision to play the way they do gets them so far but has won them nothing recently. Their decision to keep long grass on their pitch for Celtic's visit (and only Celtic's) appears to have backfired long term, possibly contributing to injury to their captain Berra.

P.s. O'Dea is almost as bad.

Yip, that's my thoughts too. Couldn't care less where he's from or what his religion is, if you're a hateful d**k it doesn't matter what religion you have you're still a hateful d**k