Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Is Mourinho still sh*t then....

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2020, 07:53:56 PM

Would you have him back at Utd to replace Ole?

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on November 21, 2020, 08:00:37 PM

Would you have him back at Utd to replace Ole?

A very complex question  :)

Not a fan of Jose but I would consider him an elite manager and always contended he wasn't the root of the problem in his time at United despite the prevailing opinion

Captain Obvious

Only nine games played in the new season and the lack of quality seen so far in this Premier League season is more telling than anything special Jose is doing.

imtommygunn

That Fulham penalty... how do you even do that? Hit the penalty with right foot, hits left foot and over the bar.

lurganblue

Anyone see the incident for the villa pen at the weekend? Seems to have really divided opinions from fans.  Initially when I saw it I thought it looked a pen.  Close up it looks like the defender brushed the ball and kicked the attacker. Now I was always a "he got the ball" guy and instantly thought that the pen would be overturned.  Seems a lot of people (neutrals included) feel going through the man after touching the ball would be a foul.  Where would you stand on that? Is the ruling clear?

Main Street

I think the ref Oliver was spot on, the defender nicked the ball first, the Villa player Trezeguet went for the full leap in the air simulating great hurt. There's no way that any possible follow through contact could have caused such a reaction.   

Then it comes down to did the ref make a clear and obvious error in the first place?  no he didn't  because it looked like a penalty on first glance. Therefore eveybody are whining about that ref should have  left the original decision as it was ,  but none of them consider that it was Trezeguet's simulation made it look like a penalty in the first place and that's what the ref saw in the video replay.

lurganblue

Yeah I take your point on that, Trez did make a complete meal of it.  Dean Smith said the whole ground could hear the thud of the contact, and I assume that played into the ref's original decision too.

gawa316

Quote from: lurganblue on November 23, 2020, 12:33:58 PM
Anyone see the incident for the villa pen at the weekend? Seems to have really divided opinions from fans.  Initially when I saw it I thought it looked a pen.  Close up it looks like the defender brushed the ball and kicked the attacker. Now I was always a "he got the ball" guy and instantly thought that the pen would be overturned.  Seems a lot of people (neutrals included) feel going through the man after touching the ball would be a foul.  Where would you stand on that? Is the ruling clear?

Was thinking the same myself. If a player slides to win the ball, they inevitably take the man as well but this is never considered a foul, is that the same this type of incident? I.e. win ball, then take out the player

Main Street

Quote from: lurganblue on November 23, 2020, 03:18:34 PM
Yeah I take your point on that, Trez did make a complete meal of it.  Dean Smith said the whole ground could hear the thud of the contact, and I assume that played into the ref's original decision too.
If there was such a thud I doubt the ref would even have considered reviewing the decision. And in all honesty how on earth could such a slight contact,  if any, could have caused such an earth trembling thud?

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2020, 03:29:34 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 23, 2020, 03:18:34 PM
If there was such a thud I doubt the ref would even have considered reviewing the decision. And in all honesty how on earth could such a slight contact,  if any, could have caused such an earth trembling thud?

It made my day.  :D
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

SHEEDY

Sickening clash of heads between Raul jiminez and David Luiz, looked a real bad one for jiminez but how was Luiz allowed to continue? Subbed off at half time but surely questions need asked of the medics. Hopefully jiminez injury not as bad as it looked and sounded.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

I haven't seen it but apparently jiminez injury isn't as bad as it looked.

Armamike

If a player needs a head bandage they shouldn't be on the pitch!  Times have moved on since Terry Butcher's hayday.
That's just, like your opinion man.

imtommygunn

Hmm - Jimenez has suffered a fractured skull so what I read first wasn't accurate. He is now "comfortable" apparently.