The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

No mention of Coldricks performance against Tyrone but sure what do you expect.

Ed Ricketts

It was brutal. Brolly in particular is getting worse. Impossible for anyone on that show to attempt to dissect anything coherently with his persistent need to waffle vaguely about whatever shite happens to come into his head.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

weareros

In fairness the diagram by TOS was a total windup. Might as well have had John Cleese showing the chart. There's a few Red Hand lads that will take the bait. Ease up lads. Ye won and will likely meet Kerry in semi.

Angelo

Brolly clearly didn't even watch the game live.

He said Tyrone struggled for scores in the first half, I thought we got our scores really easily, you look at the scores Sludden, Kennedy and Burns got in the first half, they were all easy scores from swift, brisk moves. He said we got five scores from frees in the first half which kept us in the game - we got five in the whole game from frees, I think 2 of them might have been frees in the first half. Sludden's three points, Burns and Kennedy all came in the first half.

Roscommon did well in the first half, they were very patient and didn't do what Tyrone were looking for them to do and run into blind alleys. They had the lion's share of the ball but they were having to work very hard for their scores and they expended a lot of energy in doing so, Tyrone in contrast would generally get the ball, go up the field and score fairly swiftly. I think as the game wore on Roscommon tired and Tyrone took over. And that doesn't mention the impact Coldrick was having that was keeping Roscommon within striking distance for large portions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GJL

Sky are light years ahead of RTE in how they analyse the game. The sky presenters now with the excellent addition of Kieran Donaghy make the RTE crew look like a bunch of idiots.

BennyCake

I wish they'd take that ignoramus Brolly off that show.

Constantly cutting in and disrupting TOS's flow of speech. The bollix never got enough backs of the hand upside the jaw as a youngster.

joemamas

Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2019, 11:39:25 PM

Constantly cutting in and disrupting TOS's flow of speech. The bollix never got enough backs of the hand upside the jaw as a youngster.

Not watching, but easy to imagine.
"Hold on, Hold on a minute".

Throw ball

Quote from: clarshack on July 14, 2019, 11:08:15 PM
No mention of Coldricks performance against Tyrone but sure what do you expect.

Maybe because his performance was much more balanced than you can give him credit for. I am no fan of Coldrick and had Tyrone backed to win but I never got the impression he was against Tyrone. One of his better performances.

BennyCake

Quote from: joemamas on July 14, 2019, 11:43:15 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2019, 11:39:25 PM

Not watching, but easy to imagine.
"Hold on, Hold on a minute".

Nah just cutting in. You can see TOS is trying to get his point across while having to keep focused while he chirps in. Nothing as bad as being put off like that, especially for a pundit as that's what they're paid for. Ignorant bollix

inroundthesquare

Brolly tries to portray himself as the Ultimate Gael and he has been found out. Complaining and making up lies about having to pay a fiver for parking at Clones when making a fortune talking absolute brown on RTE like tonight. Rude and ignorant.

Captain Obvious

Funniest part of the show was Tomás Ó Sé trying to talk down that Kerry result and performance. According to him we'll have to wait for the Donegal game before we are sure of where Kerry stand and then Joe Brolly talking up Donegal even though they were less than convincing for three quarters of that game v Meath.

red hander

Quote from: clarshack on July 14, 2019, 11:06:50 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 14, 2019, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 14, 2019, 10:57:30 PM
Great analysis again on the Sunday game. I'm sure everyone is much more enlightened on Tyrone's tactics after that diagram by Thomas O'Se. Also "over emotion" was the reason Roscommon lost. Something for them to work on.

I laughed at Brolly adding up the potential chances and scores that could have won Roscommon the game yet he didn't factor in the same chances that Tyrone had. Tube.

Exactly. We had plenty of missed chances too.

Yep, was thinking that myself, what a balloon. The Dungiven chimp's hate for Tyrone is almost visceral. It can't be good for the poor fella's mental health, knowing his beloved county have sunk so low that they will never again compete with their more illustrious neighbours.

RedHand88

Great analysis again on the Sunday game. I'm sure everyone is much more enlightened on Tyrone's tactics after that diagram by Thomas O'Se. Also "over emotion" was the reason Roscommon lost. Something for them to work on.

I laughed at Brolly adding up the potential chances and scores that could have won Roscommon the game yet he didn't factor in the same chances that Tyrone had. Tube.

Peter Harte hit the underside of the bar, mcshane nearly nutmegged the keeper...

Blowitupref

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2019, 07:50:21 AM

Peter Harte hit the underside of the bar, mcshane nearly nutmegged the keeper...

Would have been an awful gift of a goal. Total mix up between keeper and full back and Tyrone still got a point from that passage of play.

Roscommon needed to take their chances to bring that game to wire but both sides missed chances hence the 4 point margin was about right.

Brolly needs to stop calling Kerry (Curry) and Tomas Ó sé calling Meath (meet)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thebuzz

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 15, 2019, 12:20:26 AM
Funniest part of the show was Tomás Ó Sé trying to talk down that Kerry result and performance. According to him we'll have to wait for the Donegal game before we are sure of where Kerry stand and then Joe Brolly talking up Donegal even though they were less than convincing for three quarters of that game v Meath.

Never saw it but he's the opposite of Spillane then. He was totally fawning over Kerry and bigging them up for greatness.