Kerry v Tyrone All Ireland Semi Final 11th August 2019 - Post match analysis

Started by Owen Brannigan, August 11, 2019, 05:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Tyrone lost today cause David Moran and Tommy Walsh ate you. Big Tommy not the fastest but won even ball into him. Kerry would need look at starting him in the final It not matter as the Kerry defence ain't good enough and Dublin on today's performance beat either team by 10points. Some difference in Intensity of yesterday game compared to today. Ref give Kerry a few handy frees but overall Kerry's scoring power on top of walshs sheer size won the day. Somebody tell Keane never play that lad Murphy as sweeper. Was the worst effort at sweeper I seen in years

Wildweasel74

As for the manager it may be time for a change, ORourke available and he may not be in future. Mickley Harte always reverts to type, ie defensive fball. This always keep you in the top 5 but it ain't going to get you the number 1 slot. Tyrone players with scoring power are over looked for some lads that can run all day. Lee Brennan for 1. Also key players need to stay in certain positions and build round them. Tyrone found a full forward in a midfielder in McShane but Donnelly won 2 all stars at Midfield and should play there. Peter Harte plays his best fball from halfback. Keep Hampsey at no. 6. Badly need a good  No.11 and a ball winning midfielder along Donnelly. At the minute, Donegal, Mayo and kerry are ahead of them but alot can change in a year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 11, 2019, 05:46:47 PM
OK - to summarise, Kerry people reckon they are back on track, Tyrone people blaming the referee and neutrals calling for 5 more years for Mickey Harte.

One Tyrone poster can't deal with it, lift the ball and stamps off home, locking the thread before leaving.

Continue discussion....

What the fcuk with a second thread for the single game, seriously, the one thread is a THREAD, no need for a second.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gallsman

Quote from: BennyCake on August 11, 2019, 08:35:42 PM
McShane needs a Stevie McDonnell-style partner, like Ronan Clarke had. They'd have won that today if McShane had help.

Problem is those lads don't exactly grow on trees!

Throw ball

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2019, 11:06:41 PM
OK - to summarise, Kerry people reckon they are back on track, Tyrone people blaming the referee and neutrals calling for 5 more years for Mickey Harte.

One Tyrone poster can't deal with it, lift the ball and stamps off home, locking the thread before leaving.

Continue discussion....

What the fcuk with a second thread for the single game, seriously, the one thread is a THREAD, no need for a second.

I think you'll find this thread was opened when the other thread had been locked - temporarily as it turned out

tyrone08

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 11, 2019, 11:00:09 PM
As for the manager it may be time for a change, ORourke available and he may not be in future. Mickley Harte always reverts to type, ie defensive fball. This always keep you in the top 5 but it ain't going to get you the number 1 slot. Tyrone players with scoring power are over looked for some lads that can run all day. Lee Brennan for 1. Also key players need to stay in certain positions and build round them. Tyrone found a full forward in a midfielder in McShane but Donnelly won 2 all stars at Midfield and should play there. Peter Harte plays his best fball from halfback. Keep Hampsey at no. 6. Badly need a good  No.11 and a ball winning midfielder along Donnelly. At the minute, Donegal, Mayo and kerry are ahead of them but alot can change in a year.

Most of it your post is fine but mayo kerry and donegal are not ahead. Kerry won on fine margains for 2nd time with deegan. Mayo and donegal havent seen semi final for last 2 years.

t_mac

Main Street

Quote from: Throw ball on August 11, 2019, 11:09:56 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2019, 11:06:41 PM

Continue discussion....

I think you'll find this thread was opened when the other thread had been locked - temporarily as it turned out
Typical Tyronie, wild outburst,  not in touch with developments.
It could be explained what transpired, but probably a wasted effort.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 11, 2019, 09:15:28 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 11, 2019, 09:06:05 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2019, 09:03:17 PM
Quote from: irish345 on August 11, 2019, 08:31:18 PM
time for harte to step down time for a fresh face
I'd say Harte is getting fair mileage out of the group he has. They're limited enough.
True. Only a few decent footballers on the team but how much of that is down to Harte's focus on athleticism over skill.
talented players quiting the squad because of him, Lee Brennan, Ronan o neill, mark Bradley. Then Coney and Conan grugan can't get game time. All top ballers. It came back to bite us big time today.

PGCE in England. As for RON, he had many many chances but never pushed on. Coney makes an appearance most games.

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 11:14:51 PM
Hissy fit caused multiple threads.

I didn't lock the thread you spoon. Do you think I give a sh1te what people on a forum say? When I'm at a match in croke park enjoying a day out do you think I'm busy looking at an internet forum? Really??

gallsman

Lots of ranting about likes of Ronan O'Neill, Lee Brennan etc.

Both of them given plenty of opportunity last year. Brennan can kick scores for fun in league games in Omagh but he got 35 mins in the final last year and was absolutely brutal.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 11:18:36 PM

I didn't lock the thread you spoon. Do you think I give a sh1te what people on a forum say? When I'm at a match in croke park enjoying a day out do you think I'm busy looking at an internet forum? Really??

Let that Clontibret eejit go off on one too, any chance to have a dig at us! :D  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 11:18:36 PM

Cap fits wear it.. Thou protests too much. Roll on the McKenna cup. ;D