BIRDS

Started by bingobus, April 20, 2009, 04:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

They are full of shit. The winged version.

Lovely day yesterday, cut the grass, took the garden furniture out etc etc.

Went out front and the two cars where parked on the drive as normal, side by side. Both where covered in bird shite though, and I mean covered. My car had about 40 marks on it, fresh and stinking. On roof, bonnet and one side.

Wife's car had same, on the side, roof, back, that was alongside mine and it stunk as well. Well over 40 markings as well, not that I counted.

The drive way between cars was covered as well but nowhere else.

How the frig did that happen? Multiple birds or one fecker with severe diarrhea.

Cost me €14 to get them washed as well!

ziggysego

Put bird food in the garden or somewhere where bird do-do won't bother you. Should attract them away from you car and drive way.
Testing Accessibility

bingobus

Quote from: ziggysego on April 20, 2009, 04:46:47 PM
Put bird food in the garden or somewhere where bird do-do won't bother you. Should attract them away from you car and drive way.

I have a bird feeder out back, this wasn't a prolonged attacked. It happened all at once. I was out at car 30 mins before that and there wasn't one bird shit on it, half a hour later, its covered in multiple shit marks, both cars.

It was like a fly-by.

illdecide

An over & under should do the trick with plenty of cartridges
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ziggysego

Sounds like someone's throwing bird seed over your car. Piss anyone off lately?
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

I understand your pain bingobus..
They have my decking ruined with shite Im sick of washing it off.
btw €14 for two car washes? Ever hear of a bucket and sponge and do it yourself ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Is there any electric cables/lines running overhead?

Remember parking the car at the brother-in-laws under electric lines when I was away on holidays. Came back and the feckin car was covered in shite from them sitting on the wire. Stupid get of a bro-in-law never even thought to move it

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 20, 2009, 05:01:12 PM
I understand your pain bingobus..
They have my decking ruined with shite Im sick of washing it off.
btw €14 for two car washes? Ever hear of a bucket and sponge and do it yourself ?

;D

I was heading out to dinner for wedding Anniversary and was backing the nipper into car at the time. No time for mucking in at that stage. I normally only wash car twice a year! It was that bad, it called for immediate action.

Young lads at casr wash pissed themselves, second time I pulled up!

bingobus

Quote from: gawa316 on April 20, 2009, 05:02:05 PM
Is there any electric cables/lines running overhead?

Remember parking the car at the brother-in-laws under electric lines when I was away on holidays. Came back and the feckin car was covered in shite from them sitting on the wire. Stupid get of a bro-in-law never even thought to move it

Nothing over head. Too far from house roof for that to be a factor either.

thebandit

I thought this was going to be a more interesting thread  :(

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on April 20, 2009, 05:22:31 PM
I thought this was going to be a more interesting thread  :(

Like "My Neighbour and his bird collection"

You missed it. Was going to blame you but you where gone!! I've seen bins on cars round my way but never as much Bird shit in my life!!

Mid Mon

I had d same outside d house in Dundalk last weekend, maybe they made d trip down to Blayney.

AFS

Was most of the shit down the side of the car or close to the wing mirrors?

Puckoon

Where are you going with this AFS?

I'm interested.

AFS

Quote from: Puckoon on April 20, 2009, 07:45:00 PM
Where are you going with this AFS?

I'm interested.

Some birds are very territorial. Could be a fella trying to scare off his reflection in the wing mirror. Birds are stupid bastards.