Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

All right lads and lassies, have seen Kildare in action 3 times, and they are definetly a much improved outfit. However, I think they are poor at the back and will struggle against a forward line of this class......thoughts?

LilySavage

Yes, I have some thoughts on the matter. Kildare need to sort out the full back line. All 3 incuments are good footballers but we have a great full back on the bench in Kevin ONeill and he should start. But yes I agree, Tyrone are the betterside and swhould have too much as long as the focus is there. Wonder will it be part of a double header next sunday with Cork VF Donegal?

longrunsthefox

Would be a bit worried about this as Kildare play some excellent football but they sure concede big scores. If Tyrone dont believe all the hype they will be okay, but have seen them go in against Sligo and Meath complacent and get beat. Should be a good game though and first time they have met in the championship 

orangeman

Brian Mullins said in RTE that Mickey Harte should be worried. Kildare will be more than a match for Tyrone in most departments.

Donnellys Hollow

Looking forward to this already - chance to test ourselves against the All-Ireland favourites. Nobody will give us a prayer and we are in a no lose situation. All the pressure will be on Tyrone but sure pressure is for tyres as Barry Geraghty once said!

We should have learned plenty about ourselves from the last two matches and hopefully them matches will stand to us. Tyrone haven't really been put to the pin of their collar so far this year and they could just be vulnerable next weekend. Realistically we're going to have to improve a lot, particularly at the back. Mikey Conway will be a big loss. I'd like to see Kevin O'Neill brought back in to replace him but judging by the substitutions in the last two matches I can't see it happening. Chalky or MacLochlainn far more likely to start I'd say. If Seán Cavanagh starts at full-forward and roams out the field it might actually suit Mick Foley though.

Horse into them early on and you never know what might happen.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

imtommygunn

This game is a big banana skin for tyrone I think. They may win but I'm not sure by how much.

Kildare are a good outfit who should have learned from Dublin game though like people say the FB line could be shoddy enough.

Hoof Hearted

it will be hard to make out who's who with 30 white jerseys
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hoof Hearted

32 actually, the umpires will cause a distraction too.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Norf Tyrone

ziggysego

60,000 +. Don't forget the supporters in their replicas.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on July 26, 2009, 11:31:44 PM
60,000 +. Don't forget the supporters in their replicas.

59,999 as I am wearing a black hoodie to the match.

rrhf

Dont like Tyrone in their unlucky red jerseys.  Tyrone have the toughest draw possible here and Im worried abour Kildare - any team able to keep their jerseys and keks that white must have some powder. 

nrico2006

I was wary of Kildare as they seem to be flying this year but at the same time there is a lot of very good teams left so at this stage you have to face a good side.  I agree with the issue that if Tyrone are vulnerable it will be for this game, but at the same time I think enough has been learnt from previous mistakes and hopefully Tyrone will be in good nick for this game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lynchbhoy

bye bye kildare.
Can see the duelling banjo boys winning this by at least 6 points !