2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 01, 2018, 10:33:08 PM
I was watching the dublin girls team in the gym the other week: some great facilties available to them!!
Dublin ladies probably get more funding from GAA than most counties mens teams

Teams like Leitrim can barely survive while the money men in HQ give the Dubs a blank cheque

longballin

Jealousy  8)  best players - best manager

The Hill is Blue

Another stunning performance by the Dubs today. Their focus and icy coolness under pressure is awesome.

Galway had a very good league and for about three quarters of today's game they performed with spirit. However, if I were a Galway supporter I'd be concerned that today's performance might be as good as it gets.

I honestly believe that the system that they are developing will never win them anything - it is alien to the great footballing traditions of Galway and stunts the skills of their very talented players. In the last few minutes of today's game it was pitiful to see Galway forwards conceding frees by fouling Dublin defenders while the clock ran down. I really think that Galway are taking the wrong road.

Well done to the Dubs.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

full moon

Galway depend on Comer too much, they were fairly clueless in attack with the extra man.

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 01, 2018, 11:18:35 PM
Another stunning performance by the Dubs today. Their focus and icy coolness under pressure is awesome.

Galway had a very good league and for about three quarters of today's game they performed with spirit. However, if I were a Galway supporter I'd be concerned that today's performance might be as good as it gets.

I honestly believe that the system that they are developing will never win them anything - it is alien to the great footballing traditions of Galway and stunts the skills of their very talented players. In the last few minutes of today's game it was pitiful to see Galway forwards conceding frees by fouling Dublin defenders while the clock ran down. I really think that Galway are taking the wrong road.

Well done to the Dubs.

Congratulations on your hostile takeover of yet another trophy.

By the way, when was the exact moment you became a parody of yourself?

Cunny Funt

When Galway get over the moral victory nonsense i wonder will they realize that was a missed opportunity to win their first national title since 2001? With the Dubs there to be beat i think Kevin Walsh got his tactics and game plan all wrong for that 2nd half and they didn't make use of the extra man at all.  Well done to Dublin though like any good team they defend with numbers back and have pace to burn on the counter attack, few better than them over the last few decades for winning tight contests.

An Fhairche Abu

No one gives a shite about moral victories, very disappointing final quarter as I said in here already where mistakes were made by players and mgt. It's whether Galway both on the sideline and on the pitch take the harsh lessons from today into the championship is what will matter at the end of the day.
Winning the league wasn't the aim at the start of 2018, staying up in Division one was, obviously it would be better to have won than lost but it's a league final not an All Ireland we didn't win, you have to credit Dublin as well, they upped it enough down the stretch and Galway didn't have the response.
A lot of people forget where Galway are coming from and I'm not happy myself with today but people expecting to go from zero to 100 without any bumps whatsoever on the way are crazy.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 01, 2018, 11:18:35 PM

Well done to the Dubs.

Listen the Dubs are an absolutey super outfit. The best side in the modern history of gaelic football by a distance. A team of serious athletes which I think is their greatest advantage over everyone else. It's not even their football ability that is the difference. It's how they can run all day, run at pace and cover the ground. That level of athleticism is so hard to contain for 70+ minutes.

However we don't need patronising sermons on the right or wrong ways to play the game or lessons in cynicism from Dublin. They are very well versed in the dark arts themselves.

Galway were a division 2 side not long ago and have just played Dublin twice in three weeks and lost by the cumulative score of 0-31 to 0-27. The balance isn't right with them yet but they are on the right track.

Hound

Quote from: Zulu on April 01, 2018, 05:46:04 PM
Kilkenny MOM? Didn't think he was even in the running. Thought Mannion was very good for Dublin.
TG4 man of the match. Every time!!

Although Con O'Callaghan will give him a run for his money in future league campaigns (assuming the Cuala hurling juggernaut gets held up at some stage)

Hound

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2018, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:05:46 PM
Easy when Hyundai gives you a car and you don't have to actually work a day as a Dublin player.

Don't know how many times this bullshit has been disproven

Some people don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Dublin players got the month off work to train before the AI final. No other team got this privilege. Fact
Presume this is an April fool.

I know many won't believe this, but I know for a 100% fact that Cian O'Sullivan took just 4 days holidays in September. He worked full days on the Monday-Thursday leading up to the All Ireland (worked very late on Thursday after training, as mid/late September is busy season in his job). Took Friday off and Mon-Wed inclusive the following week, back to work on Thursday.

vallankumous

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2018, 08:49:57 AM

I know many won't believe this, but I know for a 100% fact that Cian O'Sullivan took just 4 days holidays in September. He worked full days on the Monday-Thursday leading up to the All Ireland (worked very late on Thursday after training, as mid/late September is busy season in his job). Took Friday off and Mon-Wed inclusive the following week, back to work on Thursday.

Good to know. I have heard often that they get special treatment, I'll be only too happy to debunk it from now on.

skeog

Dublin are the barometer for the chasing pack,at no time yesterday did they look like losing.Mayo will have had a good look at Galway and i expect them to beat them in Castlebar.

galwayman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 01, 2018, 11:59:40 PM
When Galway get over the moral victory nonsense i wonder will they realize that was a missed opportunity to win their first national title since 2001? With the Dubs there to be beat i think Kevin Walsh got his tactics and game plan all wrong for that 2nd half and they didn't make use of the extra man at all.  Well done to Dublin though like any good team they defend with numbers back and have pace to burn on the counter attack, few better than them over the last few decades for winning tight contests.
What moral victory nonsense?
Nobody in Galway sees yesterday as a moral victory ffs.

seafoid

Dublin are a great team but there is no need for the Jimball at the end.
Galway got 2 matches against the required standard and still have the Corofin lads in reserve. A very good league. If they won Sam in 2020 I wouldn't complain.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2018, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2018, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:05:46 PM
Easy when Hyundai gives you a car and you don't have to actually work a day as a Dublin player.

Don't know how many times this bullshit has been disproven

Some people don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Dublin players got the month off work to train before the AI final. No other team got this privilege. Fact

Wasnt Cluxton back teaching on the Monday? It was Tuesday at the latest I'm near sure.