The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

I believed wrong so Shane, I'm only saying it because my next door neighbour is an Orient fan and told me so. 

I checked again, and it's Yeovil at Elland Road this Saturday and Orient next week.  Apologies.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

stew

Leeds win again!!!! the only result I checked on or care about. Fair play to Leed's, to have gone through what they have and to be in the position they are now is a credit to them given the points deduction and I am delighted for the Leeds fans on here.

I would love to see them go up and they have a real chance now.  :)

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: stew on October 06, 2007, 08:09:04 PM
Leeds win again!!!! the only result I checked on or care about. Fair play to Leed's, to have gone through what they have and to be in the position they are now is a credit to them given the points deduction and I am delighted for the Leeds fans on here.

I would love to see them go up and they have a real chance now.  :)

Good man Stew!!  ;D  Really sailing close to the wind these days, but still managing to sneak home at the death. De Vries got the winner yesterday in the 89th minute  :o and he was only there due to the suspensions of Kandol and Beckford! Another big game next Saturday - home to Leyton Orient!

Pity about the points deduction - only for it - Super Leeds would be nine points clear!!  >:(

Rufus T Firefly

Well - the bandwagon is still speeding along! Since last posted, home draw with Leyton Orient. A match/result that could have gone either way, with again Leeds getting outplayed for long periods. Fell behind to an early goal but got the equaliser, and then missed a penalty. That said, Orient had decent claims for a goal after a shot appeared to cross the line, but it was not given!  ;D The draw will do.

Another excellent away win on Saturday followed - Brighton were going along nicely - Sir Tresor Kandol doing the business again, after signing a new contract. Closing in fast on the pay off positions now!!   8)

Billys Boots

Quotethe pay off positions now!!   

Ouch Rufus!  I know Ken Bates is round the house, but there's no need for that.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 22, 2007, 08:55:53 AM
Quotethe pay off positions now!!   

Ouch Rufus!  I know Ken Bates is round the house, but there's no need for that.  :P

:D Good man Bill - a Freudian slip alright!!!  ;D

stew

Superish Leeds win again, they were 4-0 to 0-0 ahead until they relaxed and conceeded 2 goals late on to win 4-0 to 2-0.

Leeds are only four points off the  top and that is unbelievable at this juncture.

Leeds will be heading them all by the end of the year and given the points deduction what they are doing is remarkable.

Rufus will be one happy camper tonight. ;D

Datsun Donaghy

Shamrock Shore

Some achievement that, no matter your views on Leeds, has to be admired.

Mourne Rover

The overall League record for Leeds this season is played 13, won 11, drew 2 and lost 0, and the attendance of 30,300 for the Millwall game is particularly worth noting. It was the fourth best in England today, which, for what is effectively a third division game, is astonishing. The last home game, against Orient, apparently drew the the fifth best crowd of the day in Europe. With that kind of support, the return to glory of the Mighty Whites is increasingly inevitable. 

stew

Quote from: Mourne Rover on October 28, 2007, 12:20:11 AM
The overall League record for Leeds this season is played 13, won 11, drew 2 and lost 0, and the attendance of 30,300 for the Millwall game is particularly worth noting. It was the fourth best in England today, which, for what is effectively a third division game, is astonishing. The last home game, against Orient, apparently drew the the fifth best crowd of the day in Europe. With that kind of support, the return to glory of the Mighty Whites is increasingly inevitable. 

More than that, it will attract interest from wealthy investors and that is the key to Leed's survival. there is nothing more important for this club than sustaining the results on the field this year and finding a new owner, one that has the financial clout to bring the club back to the premiership.

Leeds are going to be ok. I am amazed that the league treated them they way they did and yet west ham got to stay in the premiership, how does that work???

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Datsun Donaghy on October 27, 2007, 09:50:30 PM
Rufus is always camp!

And you know me better than most, big boy!  :-*

Great win for Leeds, and only they took the foot off the pedal and shipped two late goals, then the great defensive record would have been even more impressive!

First time into the play off places and things are looking good, although a trip to Carlisle coming up will be a tester!! Only four points off the summit!!  8)

Rufus T Firefly

Ah bollo' as they would say in France.

The great run came to an abrupt end - got a half time report and with Leeds 1-0 up, and in comlete control, a win looked on the cards. Two quick goals after the hour mark turned the game on it's head and then caught on the break in injury time as they chased the game.

Still - the position is still good at this point in time - need a win though away to Bournemouth on Tuesday night - not too worried about the Cup next week - safer of out of it!   

stew

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 04, 2007, 06:14:45 PM
Ah bollo' as they would sat in France.

The great run came to an abrupt end - got a half time report and with Leeds 1-0 up, and in comlete control, a win looked on the cards. Two quick goals after the hour mark turned the game on it's head and then caught on the break in injury time as they chased the game.

Still - the position is still good at this point in time - need a win though away to Bournemouth on Tuesday night - not too worried about the Cup next week - safer of out of it!   

Aye they need to concentrate on the League alright. It had to happen sooner or later but they will bounce back.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I must admit when I heard they were 1 up I thought they were home and dry. Hopefully there won't be any hangovers from this and they can get back to wimming ways next week