Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: An Watcher on Today at 10:05:29 AMFolks, honestly, do you think we have much if a chance on Sunday? I honestly don't think we have.  Obviously there is the McGuinness factor and they'll be buzzing after last week. 
I know we played div 1 but we're very young and have plenty of injuries.  Donegal on the other hand have boys who have been around the block and will now be playing to a system.  After a number of years our boys don't seem to have any system
I think last week we had our best team out from the start and had very little to bring off the bench.  I would like to see maybe mcshane to start on Sunday so that a fresher set of legs coukd come on later to do damage.

Nah Donegals to lose, no point showing up to a hammering. Donegal way above us.

Hopefully they read this forum.

square_ball

I think its a real 50/50 game. Donegal did look impressive last week alright but I wouldn't exactly be going in fearing them. I had heard that Kilpatrick may be available which would be a real boost.

Tyrone by 2.

An Watcher

Unfortunately I have zero confidence in our management team to get us over the line.  Hope I'm proved wrong but can't see it at all

WesternT

Tyrone to win after extra time. Total faith

God14

Its mad the difference a year makes... we beat them by 1-5 at Ballybofey just last June
Despite us retaining Div 1 status we are going into this 2/1 outsiders and not fancied at all
I think if Con is fit, we have a real chance here. Few conundrums for management... I dont think we can afford to start both Canavans & McCurry - we need more output in the middle third. Joe Oguz & Ben Cullen should both come in to start. Leaving one of that 3 out, gives us a good attacking sub for the second half along with McShane
I think for the best part of the game drop off on their kick out's entirely. Donegal are coming in on a high, best to frustrate them early and it negates Pattons influence.  We have enough  pace and firepower to do well on the counter.
Lets not forget Derry got loads of attacks & shots away last week. They were also quite flat energy wise, and made some silly mistakes to literally gift goals. Donegal were far from flawless. I expect we will get plenty of opportunities - if we take a good share of them we will be in business

square_ball

Same team as named last week. Oguz named at 12 like last week but theres no Liam Gray in the 26. Conn back in the squad. You'd have to think he will start.