China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2020, 02:49:39 AM
Do the minimum wage employees earn €350 a week for a 38 hour shift?

There is no incentive for most of them to go back either!

From the Bunker

The reality is that most people will conveniently hide behind this Pandemic to get money and stay on the doss! It's a sort of nationally approved sick note, without being sick!

ned

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 30, 2020, 12:55:59 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2020, 12:30:28 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 30, 2020, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2020, 12:17:27 AM
Bunker probably needs to get out in the good weather for a while.

I have no worry about getting out! I've been out and working these last 10 weeks! I see first hand every day the double standards!
I trust you're getting paid for what you do?
So why be stressing yourself worrying about others then?
Remember the Gospel story about those that only worked for the last hour getting paid as much as those hired earlier?
Relax and enjoy the good weather, the cleanegcair, cleaner rivers and streams, the greeness etc and be positive.

I am paid for what I do! Do you think worker should get paid a full wage for less than a full weeks work? Do you care? Do you think it matters? Do you think there will be an incentive for these workers to return to work? I mean what fool would go back to work if they get the same wages for doing virtually nothing?

That's a very generalised view.
Would you have chosen not to work through this?
Most didn't have a choice. Lots of workers will probably go back to less hours and less money. Or may not have a job. Some may be fucked financially.
I've heard comment from someone complaining that while they work their taxes are paying for the furlough scheme. A very right wing view.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: ned on May 30, 2020, 06:20:10 AM

I have no worry about getting out! I've been out and working these last 10 weeks! I see first hand every day the double standards!
Remember the Gospel story about those that only worked for the last hour getting paid as much as those hired earlier?
Relax and enjoy the good weather, the cleanegcair, cleaner rivers and streams, the greeness etc and be positive.

I am paid for what I do! Do you think worker should get paid a full wage for less than a full weeks work? Do you care? Do you think it matters? Do you think there will be an incentive for these workers to return to work? I mean what fool would go back to work if they get the same wages for doing virtually nothing?

Most didn't have a choice. Lots of workers will probably go back to less hours and less money. Or may not have a job. Some may be fucked financially.
I've heard comment from someone complaining that while they work their taxes are paying for the furlough scheme. A very right wing view.

In fairness, that is true.

five points

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2020, 02:49:39 AM
Do the minimum wage employees earn €350 a week for a 38 hour shift?

Minimum wage is higher than that, but it costs people monru, sometimes a lot, to get to and from work.

tintin25

A family member was talking to an ex Civil Service colleague the other day.  Currently only working 2 days a week (in the office), yet getting paid for the full week, due to the lack of laptops/inability to work from home.

Milltown Row2

But surely like most countries the furlough will stop, once employers have to put in their own contributions it will sort things out. Anyone refusing to come in they should be laid off, employers will have to ensure work spaces are meeting the safety requirements.

If people are using the pandemic as a reason to doss then they are the wrong employees, they won't be missed.

I'm back on the 15th most of my clients are shielded so won't be available to come in, regardless of the PPE we use they should stay at home, so we'll struggle for a bit, but things no doubt will pick up!

I wish we were still working through this but it wasn't a viable option 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: ned on May 30, 2020, 06:20:10 AM

How could you live on €350 a week in the South? You couldn't do it in the North!
Is it right that p/t people who earn €100 a week are automatically bumped onto €350?

ONeill

Seriously though. Teachers sitting around getting good tans doing fcuk all. And people like Bunker working their arses off. Something not right.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2020, 11:02:45 AM
Seriously though. Teachers sitting around getting good tans doing fcuk all. And people like Bunker working their arses off. Something not right.
Your patter very poor these days O'Neill. Use the time off to sharpen your tools.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2020, 11:02:45 AM

You forgot the bit about getting full pay while sitting around! They've kicked the can down the road until September! It's gas when you consider that most teenagers are hanging out in large groups with the weather being so good. And younger children are now not said to be a great risk.

Meanwhile Shop assistants, Postmen, Nurses and the like have to plough on encountering thousands of people every week!

But it's ok, Teachers have Parents are there to take up the their slack after a days work. They'll just send out an e-mail of what needs doing this week and pass the parcel onto them.

ONeill

Too true. I saw a picture of a teacher on the Facebook and she was in a jacuzzi drinking prosecco and it was 2pm.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

It was Government who closed schools not teachers.

For the record I am not a múinteóir.

As for the €350 can they not tweak it to €350 or 75% of average weekly pay in February 2020.
Wouldn't that stop the part timers now getting 2,3 or 4 times what they had been getting?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jim Bob

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2020, 11:45:46 AM
Too true. I saw a picture of a teacher on the Facebook and she was in a jacuzzi drinking prosecco and it was 2pm.

Saw it too. She was celebrating the news of the big bumper backdated pay and the pay rise she ll be receiving at the end of June. That and the reduction in workload.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2020, 11:45:46 AM

Ah, next you'll be telling me that the same teachers have been going into their schools diligently everyday and working hard on keeping their pupils up to date on class work.

Of course they'll expect the same amount of Holidays next year when things get back to ''the new normal''.  And I'm sure there will be issues in September and this farce will last until Christmas.

I am not the only one who thinks this.