Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Mickey says the players are free to speak to RTE. Sean Cavanagh, as captain & a fella slandered by RTE himself in the Brolly debacle, should throw them a few words on Saturday night & it'll be forgotten about soon after. Sure I could tell ye Seans interview here & now anyway - he's been giving the same clichéd answers since 2001.
Sean is too important a player for MH to drop, and sure anyway Mickey is in his last few months of the job. He will be gone by the end of July.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: God14 on March 06, 2015, 08:50:03 AM
Mickey says the players are free to speak to RTE. Sean Cavanagh, as captain & a fella slandered by RTE himself in the Brolly debacle, should throw them a few words on Saturday night & it'll be forgotten about soon after. Sure I could tell ye Seans interview here & now anyway - he's been giving the same clichéd answers since 2001.
Sean is too important a player for MH to drop, and sure anyway Mickey is in his last few months of the job. He will be gone by the end of July.

Fair point - i'd say that sean would be hoping for a career in Media when he retires - a spot on Second Captains, sure you know the craic

Fuzzman

When I heard the news on this and I got it in quite good detail from a good source I was totally shocked and thought that is the straw that broke the back and maybe the whole thing was even expected to happen and Ms Jordan was brought on board with maybe even this in mind that it would come to her having to intervene. Only my own viewpoint

I heard another story about how Harte treated an ex player recently and was totally shocked that that too.
So I expected the board this week to be totally disgusted with Harte and there is no way for him to continue now but alas there are still a few who think this is only about him not talking to RTE. Its goes a lot deeper than that and a lot further back than that.
Mickey has always been used to getting things his own way and even when he makes a mistake he's not the type to say sorry or I was wrong there IMHO.
He has stood on a lot of toes over the years and I think NaomhBridAbú sums it up very well in his bullet points. HUGE lack of respect for other people's opinions.

Fair play to Roisin Jordan for standing up to him and I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that CB meeting this week.

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on March 06, 2015, 08:50:03 AM

I have it on authority that Mickey told RJ that Sean Cavanagh won't be speaking because Joe Brolly hurt his feelings on the RTE panel which made me cast my mind back to that incident that day and the interview Sean gave to Colm Parkinson at the side line immediately after the match when Parkinson relayed what Brolly had just said minutes before - he laughed it off and gave it one of the 'Joes one of the guys' BS he usually comes out with.

Something doesn't add up here!!!

Birdseed

What has changed with RTE that now merits Mickey Harte or the Tyrone County Board to change their stance. From memory the Tyrone PRO has repeatedly berated RTE for their handling of all coverage of Tyrone County and Club football. What have RTE done in the last 6 months to bring about a change of policy from MH or Tyrone GAA? RTE are bullies and expect everyone to bow down to their demands. What respect does an organisation that peddles nothing but bile about our wonderful game deserve. Do any of you actually listen to what RTE say about Gaelic Football (and 6 county football in particular)? Its nothing but biased, uninformed, sensationalist hyperbole. What they say about amateur players, managers and officials while sitting in their Ivory studios (and getting well paid) is a disgrace. The GAA should take a leaf out of MHs book and stand up to RTE. Money is the real issue here. The speculation about a pissed off sponsor is being used to have another go at MH. That is shameful. Do real Gales really believe that his relationship with RTE should sully the reputation of one of the greatest GAA men Tyrone has ever produced???
RTE over Mickey Harte.....are you for real!!!????

time ticking away

canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Birdseed on March 06, 2015, 12:42:09 PM
What has changed with RTE that now merits Mickey Harte or the Tyrone County Board to change their stance. From memory the Tyrone PRO has repeatedly berated RTE for their handling of all coverage of Tyrone County and Club football. What have RTE done in the last 6 months to bring about a change of policy from MH or Tyrone GAA? RTE are bullies and expect everyone to bow down to their demands. What respect does an organisation that peddles nothing but bile about our wonderful game deserve. Do any of you actually listen to what RTE say about Gaelic Football (and 6 county football in particular)? Its nothing but biased, uninformed, sensationalist hyperbole. What they say about amateur players, managers and officials while sitting in their Ivory studios (and getting well paid) is a disgrace. The GAA should take a leaf out of MHs book and stand up to RTE. Money is the real issue here. The speculation about a pissed off sponsor is being used to have another go at MH. That is shameful. Do real Gales really believe that his relationship with RTE should sully the reputation of one of the greatest GAA men Tyrone has ever produced???

So you think that sponsors who pay a bucket full of money for exposure should not get exposure on the largest broadcaster in Ireland, and we as a county should continue to allow ourselves to painted negatively, without as much as a player to promote our county on the same broadcaster.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Birdseed on March 06, 2015, 12:42:09 PM

::)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Fuzzman

Up the Middle I always enjoy your posts even if its just a smilie
Sometimes I even read the text on the right as well.

LeoMc

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 06, 2015, 08:44:44 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 06, 2015, 08:15:04 AM
Quote from: WT4E on March 05, 2015, 06:33:16 PM
Never has a post game been so crucial or interesting for a county.

If no one talks after Dublin game is MH position in doubt given that Sponsorship could be withdrawn?

Which sponsor?

EDIT: Just seen this. http://gaeliclife.com/2015/03/tyrones-rte-stand-off-set-to-continue/
Would seem strange that McAleer & Rushe were not aware of Mickeys stance when signing up. Or were they told something else in private?
Given their business I had assumed they were primarily sponsoring the team to support the County rather than for the the advertising.
With sponsors like KerryGold, Arnotts, Supermacs, Rocwell, Hunky Dorys it is about getting the brand recognition. I would have bought a bag of Hunky Dorys and a bottle of Rocwell ahead of a bag of Tayto and a bottle of Tipperary Sping water.
No one watching TSG thinks "I must get them boys to build me a hotel"

A fairly significant package from McAleer and Rushe and a serious intent to continue support over the next few years - all agreed in october last year with the caveat that TYRONE COMMUNICATED with ALL media...THAT meant "anyone or someone" speaking to RTE - not Harte - and it was agreed by the county board that all would be ok....also quoted in the irish news about 6 weeks ago as the same

I think the key here is who agreed and Told M&R there would be communication? If it was Mickey and he is reneging his position should be untenable, if it was someone else making promises they could not back up to get M&R to sign then they should be hung out to dry.

Fuzzman

I would be very surprised if the players don't want to do interviews themselves. We need PR from them otherwise its always siege mentality.
Like it or not the media control the public perceptions.
Kids at my Dublin GAA club think Tyrone are a bunch of cheats based on the Sean Cavanagh incident and Joe Brolly's analysis.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 06, 2015, 10:49:17 AM
When I heard the news on this and I got it in quite good detail from a good source I was totally shocked and thought that is the straw that broke the back and maybe the whole thing was even expected to happen and Ms Jordan was brought on board with maybe even this in mind that it would come to her having to intervene. Only my own viewpoint

I heard another story about how Harte treated an ex player recently and was totally shocked that that too.
So I expected the board this week to be totally disgusted with Harte and there is no way for him to continue now but alas there are still a few who think this is only about him not talking to RTE. Its goes a lot deeper than that and a lot further back than that.
Mickey has always been used to getting things his own way and even when he makes a mistake he's not the type to say sorry or I was wrong there IMHO.
He has stood on a lot of toes over the years and I think NaomhBridAbú sums it up very well in his bullet points. HUGE lack of respect for other people's opinions.

Fair play to Roisin Jordan for standing up to him and I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that CB meeting this week.

You don't need to be a fly on the wall. Sure posters on here will be able to tell you EXACTLY what happened given their reliable sources or fellas they were talking to.  ::)

WT4E

With the meeting taking place in front of club delegates within 24hours the world and his wife would know what happened roughly!

50fiftyball

Any fellow tyrone supporters need tickets for tonight? Have 4 lower hogan , ended up with more than I need.. Heading down to dublin around 2...

redzone

Grt result. We always play well v the dubs.Hopefully thats the politics left to one side and we can  all all get behind the team till the end of the year.who knows were it will take us