7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

ned

Quote from: JimStynes on March 08, 2021, 10:29:14 PM
Quote from: ned on March 08, 2021, 09:08:48 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 08, 2021, 07:00:28 PM
Where's Angelo?

Probably staying away from this thread due to the strange rise in twats clamouring to congratulate Rangers.

As I said before I'd understand if they're hoping Celtic get beat by Aberdeen or Hibs or someone but why in the world would you want Rangers to win. They literally have one of the biggest sc**bag supporters in European football. And I'm not talking about the usual scumbags that Celtic have too, I'm talking about that hooligan element that has a good relationship with the likes of the Chelsea headhunters. The same crowd destroyed half of Manchester City centre.

They go beyond hooligan. They are the lowest of the low. Utter pondlife.
Can't understand how anyone on a GAA forum would want to congratulate them. Beggars belief.

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 08, 2021, 10:20:28 PM
Where's Angelo?

Probably staying away from this thread due to the strange rise in twats clamouring to congratulate Rangers.

Most are acknowledging Rangers getting off their arses!

From where I'm standing Rangers were more motivated to stopping the 10 in a row than Celtic were in winning it - at every level!

After only a couple of games in, the league looked over. Can you imagine coming into a history defining season half baked?

They were a disgrace this year. Attitude was wrong from the start. Manager didn't know what to do. Clueless tactics all round.
If they get a good manager in who knows what he is doing they can regain the league

trailer

Quote from: ned on March 08, 2021, 11:29:06 PM
Where's Angelo?

As I said before I'd understand if they're hoping Celtic get beat by Aberdeen or Hibs or someone but why in the world would you want Rangers to win. They literally have one of the biggest sc**bag supporters in European football. And I'm not talking about the usual scumbags that Celtic have too, I'm talking about that hooligan element that has a good relationship with the likes of the Chelsea headhunters. The same crowd destroyed half of Manchester City centre.

Can't understand how anyone on a GAA forum would want to congratulate them. Beggars belief.

Two sides of the one coin. It's a rivalry based completely on Sectarianism. Both clubs pay lip service to trying to deal with it. Look at the Green Brigade and their Bobby Sands stunt. And on top of all that the football that they produce is unwatchable.

tiempo

Where's Angelo?

So what proportion do you reckon are usual scumbags, and what proportion hooligan?
I guess that leaves the remainder, what group would they fall into?
There must be a category of supporters that are ordinary decent people, not be a wee bit happy for them?
A day in the sun against the covid backdrop following the 10 year rise from ground zero, there must be kids and oldies and everything inbetween that got a great buzz off it, is it really that big of a crutch?

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on March 09, 2021, 09:06:29 AM
Where's Angelo?

Two sides of the one coin. It's a rivalry based completely on Sectarianism. Both clubs pay lip service to trying to deal with it. Look at the Green Brigade and their Bobby Sands stunt. And on top of all that the football that they produce is unwatchable.

The GB 'Bonby Sands stunt' was sectarian now was it?

Applesisapples

Where's Angelo?

This is true to a point, but there are many outside of East and West Belfast and certain areas of Glasgow who would be decent genuine supporters of both teams. Celtic and Rangers need each other and Celtic winning 9IAR was not good for Scottish Football.

michaelg

Where's Angelo?

All clubs have an unsavoury hooligan element within their support.  Have scene videos of Celtic fans 'on tour' rioting at European fixtures too. 

ned

Quote from: michaelg on March 09, 2021, 12:22:29 PM
Where's Angelo?

All clubs have an unsavoury hooligan element within their support.  Have scene videos of Celtic fans 'on tour' rioting at European fixtures too.

Post or link them then.

ned

Quote from: tiempo on March 09, 2021, 09:42:02 AM
Where's Angelo?

So what proportion do you reckon are usual scumbags, and what proportion hooligan?
There must be a category of supporters that are ordinary decent people, not be a wee bit happy for them?
A day in the sun against the covid backdrop following the 10 year rise from ground zero, there must be kids and oldies and everything inbetween that got a great buzz off it, is it really that big of a crutch?

A day in the sun? They blatantly broke lockdown regulations by gathering in crowds. That's before we get onto the abhorrent incidents all over Glasgow and beyond.

tiempo

Quote from: ned on March 09, 2021, 12:54:43 PM
Quote from: tiempo on March 09, 2021, 09:42:02 AM
Where's Angelo?

A day in the sun? They blatantly broke lockdown regulations by gathering in crowds. That's before we get onto the abhorrent incidents all over Glasgow and beyond.

Metaphorically speaking / fact check - not sure where it was or wasn't sunny when any Rangers fans gathered to celebrate

Anyway aside from that, say families who observed all lockdown rules, I'm sure we can relate to the joy they are feeling in a sporting victory and its ok to reflect positively on their joy, would that be agreeable?

Hound

Where's Angelo?

Absolutely. There's mostly genuine decent fans on both sides. But even on this thread you get the occasional naked sectarian comment and not an eyelid is batted. There seems to be some sort of justification that the other side are much worse so what we do is fine (and I'm sure you'd get a similar false justification on a Rangers supporters thread).

I only know one genuine Rangers die-hard fan. A Glaswegian engineer who married an Irish girl and moved over here. Great bloke and our sons played football and hurling together for a while. When I see him again I'll be gladly offering him congratulations.

tonto1888

Quote from: Hound on March 09, 2021, 02:50:08 PM
Where's Angelo?

Absolutely. There's mostly genuine decent fans on both sides. But even on this thread you get the occasional naked sectarian comment and not an eyelid is batted. There seems to be some sort of justification that the other side are much worse so what we do is fine (and I'm sure you'd get a similar false justification on a Rangers supporters thread).

I only know one genuine Rangers die-hard fan. A Glaswegian engineer who married an Irish girl and moved over here. Great bloke and our sons played football and hurling together for a while. When I see him again I'll be gladly offering him congratulations.

I work with a couple of rangers fans. They're diehards and have been hurting. While it hurts me that they won the league and how spectacularly we imploded, I offered those boys congratulations. I hate rangers. The club and institution. But that doesn't mean I hate the fans as individuals

ned

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 09, 2021, 03:38:09 PM
Where's Angelo?

I work with a couple of rangers fans. They're diehards and have been hurting. While it hurts me that they won the league and how spectacularly we imploded, I offered those boys congratulations. I hate rangers. The club and institution. But that doesn't mean I hate the fans as individuals

Why would you feel the need to congratulate them?
What transpired at the weekend is exactly what we knew would happen. Carnage.
I know several Rangers fans and have no time passing the time of day and taking the piss and having the piss taken but I don't see the need to congratulate them.

tonto1888

Quote from: ned on March 09, 2021, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 09, 2021, 03:38:09 PM
Where's Angelo?

Why would you feel the need to congratulate them?
What transpired at the weekend is exactly what we knew would happen. Carnage.
I know several Rangers fans and have no time passing the time of day and taking the piss and having the piss taken but I don't see the need to congratulate them.

Why would I not? And what has what happened at the weekend got to do with them? They weren't there.
Yeah, we take the mick out of each other but do offer congratulations also