Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidelineball

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 16, 2020, 07:25:35 PM
Tyrone TV has been ashambles all weekend.
Apart from Clonoe v Fianna  the rest a joke.
Money should be refunded - it simply does not work

Absolutely agree. The service is not providing enough to justify charging people £5 per game. Every Gael in Tyrone needs to make noise about it. It's simply not good enough and shouldn't be meekly accepted.
If Derry can provide a good service with no hiccups and all the added frills like live action replays and catch up of games then it's shows us that it's possible and the service we receive looks even worse.

Angelo

How highly rated is Odhran Robinson?

Has he been on any of the Tyrone underage panels?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

LeoMc

Quote from: sidelineball on August 16, 2020, 07:56:57 PM

Absolutely agree. The service is not providing enough to justify charging people £5 per game. Every Gael in Tyrone needs to make noise about it. It's simply not good enough and shouldn't be meekly accepted.
If Derry can provide a good service with no hiccups and all the added frills like live action replays and catch up of games then it's shows us that it's possible and the service we receive looks even worse.
Last year it was an attempt at a professional service, this year it seems to be an effort to get as many games (£) as possible.
Most other counties seem be aiming at providing a service rather than a attempt to milk us for the £ they are not getting at the gate. Mickeys £ v Eugenes empire building.

sidelineball

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2020, 08:47:39 PM

You're from Errigal, surely if anyone knows it would be you.

Angelo

Quote from: sidelineball on August 16, 2020, 08:52:12 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2020, 08:47:39 PM

You're from Errigal, surely if anyone knows it would be you.

Incorrect.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyHarp

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 16, 2020, 06:50:28 PM
More a case of the inconsistency being a pain in the hole and whatever way you look at it the length of injury time was the drawing of the game.

Great second half and extra time in the Omagh match, some run by Teague and McNabb to set up their two goals. My stream was brutal first half but improved considerably after half time.

Loughmacrory didn't deserve to lose by 10 points but a game isn't over until the final whistle and I don't buy the argument that there is any injustice when a team loses due to the ref playing a few more minutes. Paul Donaghy clearly asks the ref how long there was to go before his free to bring it back to 1 point in it and he must have been told there was still time to play. The Loughmacrory lads must have been aware of this too. If you know there's a minute to go and you let a team get an equaliser it's your own fault.
That was never a square ball!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: LeoMc on August 16, 2020, 08:50:08 PM
Quote from: sidelineball on August 16, 2020, 07:56:57 PM

Last year it was an attempt at a professional service, this year it seems to be an effort to get as many games (£) as possible.
Most other counties seem be aiming at providing a service rather than a attempt to milk us for the £ they are not getting at the gate. Mickeys £ v Eugenes empire building.

They need to accept it's been a failure and issue some kind of apology with recompense, not necessarily dishing out refunds but perhaps looking at anyone that purchased a game getting free quarter final passes so long as they also create the fixes that caused all the problems this weekend.
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

I absolutely don't think it's acceptable to hand our county championship over to team talk who are already profiteering from the club scene. They provide good coverage and good luck to them, I think they have a lot of power within the county boardroom already between friends and colleagues, The championship shouldn't auctioned out. Derry and Armagh have the right set up they need to contact those counties for support and get it right.
Living the dream!!!

BennyHarp

Just watched the last 20 odd mins of the Burren v Warrenpoint match in the Down championship. Multiple camera / camera angles, replays, constant streaming with no jumping....and it's FREE! Media provided by a company called Pairc TV. Tyrone need to think about outsourcing the coverage for the quarter finals as it's clear they are incapable of providing the service themselves.

Localexpert

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 16, 2020, 09:05:13 PM
I absolutely don't think it's acceptable to hand our county championship over to team talk who are already profiteering from the club scene. They provide good coverage and good luck to them, I think they have a lot of power within the county boardroom already between friends and colleagues, The championship shouldn't auctioned out. Derry and Armagh have the right set up they need to contact those counties for support and get it right.

I think you need to look up the meaning of profiteering.  To accuse teamtalk of that is ridiculous!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Localexpert on August 16, 2020, 09:14:13 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 16, 2020, 09:05:13 PM

I think you need to look up the meaning of profiteering.  To accuse teamtalk of that is ridiculous!

Accepted, wrong choice of words.
Living the dream!!!

sidelineball

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2020, 09:10:51 PM
Just watched the last 20 odd mins of the Burren v Warrenpoint match in the Down championship. Multiple camera / camera angles, replays, constant streaming with no jumping....and it's FREE! Media provided by a company called Pairc TV. Tyrone need to think about outsourcing the coverage for the quarter finals as it's clear they are incapable of providing the service themselves.

Without dissent there will be no change. McConnell, Hunter et all with continue to peddle the lies that it was a success and any issues were the fault of the user and not the provider. I strongly urge anyone who has purchased the service over the weekend and isn't happy with what they have watched to email the county board and request an explanation/apology/money back.

square_ball

Have they not already outsourced it to MAC AV? Might be wrong on that. I was for buying both tonight's and tomorrow's game but didn't bother for tonight based on social media chat about previous games. I don't think I'll bother with tomorrow's either. Eugene will absolutely no doubt be blaming people's home broadband connections. Paddy Hunter was likely told to say that in commentary.

BennyHarp

Quote from: square_ball on August 16, 2020, 09:23:59 PM

Have they not already outsourced it to MAC AV? Might be wrong on that. I was for buying both tonight's and tomorrow's game but didn't bother for tonight based on social media chat about previous games. I don't think I'll bother with tomorrow's either. Eugene will absolutely no doubt be blaming people's home broadband connections. Paddy Hunter was likely told to say that in commentary.

If it is already outsourced then they seriously need to think about changing before the quarter finals.

square_ball

They've another 16 matches to get through before the quarters with IFC and JFC matches to come yet in the next 2 weeks. Eugene will surely have to acknowledge they are having issues or will he bury the head in the sand?