Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:41:35 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:16:16 PM
Ferguson was doing it ok into his 70's but you keep talking

Name a few others who were winning into their 70s

The juventus manager is 49 I'm sure if I went through the leagues there are plenty, Lippy, Ancelotti not bad at 57 hmmm I'm sure Liverpool had old managers too, Busby was amazing manager
So was Revie. And Clough
Managers don't get as much time now. Fergie was the exception.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 11:01:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:41:35 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:16:16 PM
Ferguson was doing it ok into his 70's but you keep talking

Name a few others who were winning into their 70s

The juventus manager is 49 I'm sure if I went through the leagues there are plenty, Lippy, Ancelotti not bad at 57 hmmm I'm sure Liverpool had old managers too, Busby was amazing manager
So was Revie. And Clough
Managers don't get as much time now. Fergie was the exception.

trileacman

Quote from: The Stallion on May 15, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 15, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
I'd agree that klopp is a better manager. If you'd klopp managing that united squad which is very f**king expensive I'd expect them to be comfortably home and hosed by this stage, keeping up with spurs.

Give Maureen the Liverpool squad and I'd say they'd be playing f**king muck. If he can't be successful with pogba, ibrahimovic, de gea, jones, smalling then what the f**k would he get out of Milner, lovren, mignolet, Lucas, origi and so forth.

This is one of the most clueless posts I've ever read on here which is saying something. The highlight being the insinuation that Smalling and Jones are good footballers lol.

Go back to ridiculing the hillsborough tragedy. Wum.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Stallion

You seem to have me confused with someone else, I have never ridiculed the Hillsborough tragedy.

Will you be apologising for your wrongful accusation?

nrico2006

One thing that isn't true is that Klopp is a better manager than Mourinho is now.  Klopp is getting an easy enough ride from the critics and his supporters when in reality he came in and had Liverpool nearly all of last season and they were poor and he has had a full season since when they have again been pretty poor. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

I believe that Man Utd have a far better quality of player than Liverpool if you want to go down that route so by that token Mourinho has under achieved this season by finishing below them. But so has Guardiola. Before the season began Man City and Man Utd were the 2 favourites to win the league and both have been very disappointing. Mourinho has an unenviable record when it comes to winning titles but he has always had vast resources at any of the clubs he's been to. Mourinho can still sell his first season off as being a success if he helps Utd win the Europa League. However next season it will be time to deliver a meaningful title challenge. 

The Stallion

"Mourinho has an unenviable record when it comes to winning titles but he has always had vast resources at any of the clubs he's been to"

Nonsense. Mourinho won the Champions League with a Porto side which was assembled at a fraction of the cost of some other sides in the competition.

The Stallion

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 16, 2017, 08:43:11 AM
One thing that isn't true is that Klopp is a better manager than Mourinho is now.  Klopp is getting an easy enough ride from the critics and his supporters when in reality he came in and had Liverpool nearly all of last season and they were poor and he has had a full season since when they have again been pretty poor.

I agree

Kidder81

This is like an argument you would hear in the playground at primary school

screenexile

Madrid reject Rodriguez set to play in the theatre of w**ks next season!

The Stallion

Quote from: trileacman on May 16, 2017, 12:44:11 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 15, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 15, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
I'd agree that klopp is a better manager. If you'd klopp managing that united squad which is very f**king expensive I'd expect them to be comfortably home and hosed by this stage, keeping up with spurs.

Give Maureen the Liverpool squad and I'd say they'd be playing f**king muck. If he can't be successful with pogba, ibrahimovic, de gea, jones, smalling then what the f**k would he get out of Milner, lovren, mignolet, Lucas, origi and so forth.

This is one of the most clueless posts I've ever read on here which is saying something. The highlight being the insinuation that Smalling and Jones are good footballers lol.

Go back to ridiculing the hillsborough tragedy. Wum.

Still waiting on an apology from trileacman...

GJL

Quote from: screenexile on May 16, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

Mature much?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: GJL on May 16, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 16, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

Mature much?

did you read the last few pages?

yellowcard

Quote from: The Stallion on May 16, 2017, 10:30:49 AM
"Mourinho has an unenviable record when it comes to winning titles but he has always had vast resources at any of the clubs he's been to"

Nonsense. Mourinho won the Champions League with a Porto side which was assembled at a fraction of the cost of some other sides in the competition.

That may be the one possible exception but it was hardly a vintage CL beating Lyon, Deportivo and Monaco to win the competition and having to rely on a wrongfully disallowed Scholes goal to knock out Utd at OT. Chelsea were the moneybags club that year and should have won the competition but for a clusterfcuk against Monaco in the semi final. However, surely even you can't deny that the overall point remains, he has always had a pot of gold at each of the clubs he has been to since then.

The Stallion

When he won the Champions League with Inter they were far from the best side in the competition. He deserves massive credit for winning that year, his tactics were spot on and he got the best out of a team which wasn't great.

Think he beat Chelsea,  Barcelona and Bayern to win that too.