Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Intriguing tactical contest. Pity the ref is so poor. Pogba having another dreadful game when his side need him most. Hard to see United causing an upset now with 10 men and without their two best or creative midfielders.

Throw ball

Hazard is all that is wrong with soccer. Skillful as hell but goes down at the wind of a fart. GAA need to make sure it stops going the same wsy

AZOffaly

I don't know how someone doesn't try break his ankle. His diving is pathetic. Mind you every team has at least one but he is particularly bad. Herrera himself is fond of it too.

magpie seanie

The player on the field who deserved a red card most was Diego Costa. Honestly hope someone breaks him up good and proper some day. A wretched curse on soccer is all he is. Conte was a complete disgrace with his carry on last night. He made Jose look classy. Chelsea supporters let themselves down badly last night too with the abuse of Mourinho, clearly by far and away their greatest ever manager. He was sacked by the club so how is he a Judas? Idiots.

A real shame the ref ruined the game....it was shaping up to be a good contest until the ridiculous red card. I actually thought Mourinho had United set up perfectly and was thinking United would win. Happy with the workrate and fight the team showed after that and Rashford almost snatched extra time. Serious question marks again over Pogba. He's brain dead. I see it reported about him smiling afterwards (missed it myself, went out of room just after final whistle)....has he anything going on upstairs? Rojo stood on Hazard near the end, tarnishing an otherwise excellent game by him. Not as bad as the Mings one but I'd saw he'll get a ban. Like AZ I find Hazards carry on infuriating.....can't understand why this carry on is not reviewed and acted on by the authorities.

screenexile

How many times did they foul Hazard last night? They couldn't handle him and if a there is no rule for a continuous stream of fouls on one player deserving a yellow card then there should be one. Maybe it wasn't to the letter of the law but Herrera is equally brain dead lunging in like that while being on a yellow card. Valencia and Rojo can count themselves lucky they weren't red carded also.

Walter Cronc

Herrera always at that crap in games. Wee niggly fouls to break up play. Jose used Oscar to the same effect at Chelsea!

seafoid

The United way . I wonder what Bobby Charlton thinks 

"I am a professional. I defend my club. Until the moment [Chelsea] have a manager that wins four Premier Leagues for them, I'm the No1. When they have somebody who wins four Premier Leagues for them, I'll be No2. For this moment, 'Judas' is No1."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

DuffleKing

Quote from: screenexile on March 14, 2017, 09:18:48 AM
How many times did they foul Hazard last night? They couldn't handle him and if a there is no rule for a continuous stream of fouls on one player deserving a yellow card then there should be one. Maybe it wasn't to the letter of the law but Herrera is equally brain dead lunging in like that while being on a yellow card. Valencia and Rojo can count themselves lucky they weren't red carded also.

6 frees given to Hazard. Half of them weren't "fouls"

magpie seanie

There are fouls that are not yellow cards. At half time United had committed 8 fouls in total yet were down to ten men. None of the fouls on Hazard were dangerous. Later in the game with fatigue and frustration creeping in there were a couple of poor challenges from Young and possibly Valencia but Oliver was lenient then.....he had done his job earlier. You can't book Herrera because you think you should have booked Jones earlier (wasn't a booking either).

Costa ran into DeGea twice, feigned injury twice and eventually got booked for a bad challenge.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 14, 2017, 09:43:16 AM
There are fouls that are not yellow cards. At half time United had committed 8 fouls in total yet were down to ten men. None of the fouls on Hazard were dangerous. Later in the game with fatigue and frustration creeping in there were a couple of poor challenges from Young and possibly Valencia but Oliver was lenient then.....he had done his job earlier. You can't book Herrera because you think you should have booked Jones earlier (wasn't a booking either).

Costa ran into DeGea twice, feigned injury twice and eventually got booked for a bad challenge.

Yeah would agree with most of sentiment of the game last night, with Chelsea in such good form United had to set up to be mindful of that which they did. I was impressed with the players attitude and the way they obviously stuck to the system, Hazard is a great player so why would United not single him out for tight marking. A couple of the fouls were by Jones and nothing other than pure eagerness to get to the ball and close him down, no malice or intent to foul or injure.

I think Herrera has been one the performers of the season, if he was English he wouldnt have received half the yellow cards that he has. But the style of his game all action and plenty of tackles is going to lead inevitably to being on the line a few times.

Again yes Rojo will get done for the stamp which is unfortunate because I thought he was excellent all round last night.

PP went missing again last night when his team mates needed him most, yes they were over run in midfield with ten players but he showed no urgency whatsoever and even for the Kante shot made no effort to close the shot down. JM must see this too but is it a case of they have paid that much money for him that he has to play?

Maroon Manc

Agree with what most of my fellow reds have said above. Missed the first half as was at a funeral so can't comment on what went on. The BBC didn't mention once after the game United were in Russia on Thursday night whilst Chelsea have had a week off, plays a huge part given all the extra games United have played. Its an unusual league this year as 2 of the challengers have had no European football that has really benefitted their style of play.

Mourinho is the best manager Chelsea have ever had and likely will ever have, really can't understand why Chelsea fans would give him grief.

I'm hoping we can get through the next 2 game unharmed, international break is coming at the right stage. Herrera will get his rest as he's banned for the next 2 league games, Pogba is desperately in need of a rest and some of the criticism he gets is unfair. The lad has a lot of talent but is used to playing with a lot more freedom at Juve whilst he's playing in a more defensive role at OT, once he cuts out some of the daft things he does I think he'll be fine and we'll see what he's capable of.

Costa is only a tr**p, I'd have to see it again but a mate reckons Costa raised his knee into De Gea with one of those challengers. I saw the Rojo stamp although on twitter so not sure but if guilty will deservedly get a 3 game ban. Its a shame the Premier League won't do anything about the serial offenders that continue to dive.

Kidder81

Chelsea have no European football this year because of Mourinho

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on March 14, 2017, 09:18:48 AM
It is in the letter of the law, it's in the explanation of the laws to the refs, on persistent fouling and targeting a player.
Hazard was certainly targeted.

12.28.3 PERSISTENT INFRINGEMENT
Persistent infringement occurs when a player repeatedly commits fouls or certain other infringements. It is not necessary for the multiple fouls to be of the same type or all to be direct free kick fouls, but infringements must be among those covered in Law 12 or involve repeated violations of Law 14. In most cases, the referee should warn the player that the pattern has been observed and, upon a subsequent violation, must then issue the caution. If the pattern is quickly and blatantly established, then the warning should be omitted and the referee should take immediate action. In determining whether there is persistent infringement, all fouls are considered, including those to which advantage has been applied.

The referee must also recognize when a single opponent has become the target of fouls by multiple players.
As above, upon recognizing the pattern, etc etc

Mourinho is trying to drag down Man U to his cynical game plan, the same way he tried to drag down Real Madrid.

stew

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 14, 2017, 11:20:46 AM
Chelsea have no European football this year because of Mourinho

I have no gra for Mourinho but the fact they have no european football lies squarely on overpaid millionaires like Hazard who never tried a leg last season, unprofessional wankers who quit on their manager, club and fans but who still picked up millions in wages!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

Hardly a week goes by without football fans showing themselves up for the eejits they are.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-banners-brand-costa-fabregas-and-hazard-rats-as-fans-react-angrily-to-mourinho-sacking-a3141106.html

The same guys jeering Mourinho last night were no doubt the same guys calling out the 'three ratz' in 2015...

Intriguing game up until the sending off, pity it happened..