An Mhí Vs Laoise, An Uaimh, Dé Sathairn, 7th Márta

Started by thejuice, March 02, 2009, 11:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Speaking of U-21's, pity both games werent played in the same venue. Though if you were pushed, you could make it to both games on Saturday.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Real Laoislad

Awful night and a bad result but considering the conditions and our missing players to lose by 5 wasn't too bad..
Not that concerned with losing as the night that was in it the team who played with the wind in the first half were always gonna have a advantage,did Meath score in the 2nd half? They had a good lead built up and fair play to them they looked more up for the game than ourselves
Thought Mark Ward should have got the line btw
You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

I'd be quite concerned laoislad. I thought youse were beyond appaliing. Leinster including ourselves looks dire already.

Jinxy

Nice to get a win under the belt.
Had to listen to it on the radio but it sounded like McGuinness did well at centre back.
Give him a few more games there and see how he does.
Lacks pace but he's a good footballer.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2009, 11:00:00 PM
I'd be quite concerned laoislad. I thought youse were beyond appaliing. Leinster including ourselves looks dire already.
to lose so badly against a meath team that are in transition and experimenting was v bad from a laois persp.

I think Dublin will conclude experimentation soon and should emerge all the better for it and take leinster again v handily this year.
(depends on Gilroy and whelan picking players in their right positions, not playing def in attack and attackers in def !)

Jinxy

If we can get a regular back 6 together and get them to function as a unit we'll be on the right track.
I think Ward and Meade will be our first choice pairing come championship and the forward line if all are fully fit should be:

10. Byrne
11. C Ward
12. Nestor
13. Bray
14. O'Rourke
15. Farrell

Dinny Breen

QuoteI think Dublin will conclude experimentation soon and should emerge all the better for it and take leinster again v handily this year.

Na, don't think Dublin will win Leinster this year never mind handily Lynchbhoy you're reading the evening Hearld too much.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maguire01

Just read a match report for this - Meath failed to score at all in the second half and Laois failed to score from play for the whole game! Sounds brutal.

Jinxy

Conditions were dire.
Game of 2 halves etc.
If you score 1-8 in the first half you don't need to score in the 2nd!

thejuice

I'll take the win, for now. Not scoring in the 2nd half is not a good statisitic. Conditions looked shocking.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Declan

QuoteConditions looked shocking.

Worst ever according to a couple of lads I was speaking to who were at it. Ward apparently kicked a point from about 60 yards with the gale.