The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 10, 2019, 10:05:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 10, 2019, 09:49:45 PM
Fancy Nadal to make it 11-3 in his head to head with Federer on Friday.

Even though it's Federer's favourite surface I think Nadal is playing with real confidence at the minute, he looks fit and healthy and I haven't seen him play as aggressive and boss games on grass like he has been doing this year for a long time.

Djokovic should come through his semi with relative ease and will still be the man to beat.

Yeah Nadals fitness is unbelievable  ::)

Same for Djokovic and Federer. Absolutely unbelievable stuff.

Must be the gluten free diets.

Angelo

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 10, 2019, 10:05:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 10, 2019, 09:49:45 PM
Fancy Nadal to make it 11-3 in his head to head with Federer on Friday.

Even though it's Federer's favourite surface I think Nadal is playing with real confidence at the minute, he looks fit and healthy and I haven't seen him play as aggressive and boss games on grass like he has been doing this year for a long time.

Djokovic should come through his semi with relative ease and will still be the man to beat.

Yeah Nadals fitness is unbelievable  ::)

His fitness?

Nadal is probably the least suspicious in that regard in terms of the top 3, injuries have cost him so many slams over the years and he has had to very carefully manage his schedule year to year. He's also had to completely alter his game in the past few years in order to compensate for the injuries he has had and his knee problems. Djokovic and Federer play pretty much the same game physically without much deterioration from their peak. Nadal's game is noticeably more different now which is probably why he struggles a little more with Djokovic than he would have in the past.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

He is the one who has most accusations levelled at him.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 10, 2019, 11:30:08 PM
He is the one who has most accusations levelled at him.

It's bizarre, there doesn't really seem to be any foundation to it at all. Of the big three, Nadal is probably the one you would have the least suspicions about given his injury troubles, having to readapt his game due to physical problems and the amount of time he has had to miss.

Is it because he has big muscles? I hate to break it to some people but Lance Armstrong's muscles didn't get bigger when he got dirty - they went the other way.

imtommygunn

I think he might have been one of the names leaked in that Russian hack for all the athletes with tues.

Milltown Row2

Any other tennis players named on that? In fairness to Nadal he's won damaged against people who claimed he was using.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 10, 2019, 11:42:29 PM
I think he might have been one of the names leaked in that Russian hack for all the athletes with tues.

But there was nothing suspicious in that at all. Just that he was given TUE for anti inflammatories after two tournaments, Nadal's knee issues and tendonitis are extremely well known at this stage, we all know the issues hard courts in particular throw up for his knees. Everything above board and approved by anti-doping authorities.

It's certainly bizarre that there always seems to be murmurs about Nadal when there seems to be a much stronger basis for other players.

Tony Baloney

The Fancy Bears named No Farah as a doper so it can't be true

nrico2006

Who are the other players that you reckon there is a much stronger basis for?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

oakleaflad

Was there not some craic about blood bags being destroyed or something in Spain a while back that Nadal and a heap of Spanish footballers were linked to?

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 11, 2019, 10:37:09 AM
Who are the other players that you reckon there is a much stronger basis for?

Djokovic for one. Until 2011 he had repeatedly shown a tendency to break down in tournaments and throw the head up and quit or retire injured. Then he became unstoppable the year he turned 24. Because he cut out gluten.

Angelo

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 11, 2019, 10:55:19 AM
Was there not some craic about blood bags being destroyed or something in Spain a while back that Nadal and a heap of Spanish footballers were linked to?

There were no links to Nadal other than the doctor was the same nationality as Nadal.

All the murmurs are simply innuendo based, there's not anything that would link him to it more than the other top players.

There would be more basis to speculate against Federer and Djokovic in this regard but again like Nadal there is no basis to support it.

oakleaflad

To be fair, I remember seeing a segment on Nadal on Trans World Sport when he was a teenager and he was clearly an outrageous talent.

trailer

They're all juiced and anyone who thinks they aren't is being played for a fool. In fact there's no sport untouched. When the money involved is so large it pays (handsomely) to take the small risk of being caught.

imtommygunn

There's some french guy who has a real beef with Nadal over a six to seven month injury absence in 2012 and is adamant it was to prevent himself getting done. I think it has either ended in court or threats of it.