Tailteann Cup 2023

Started by Laoiseabu, May 01, 2023, 02:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on June 11, 2023, 11:46:30 AM
He's trying to create a siege mentality for the players. Hopefully they get a nice draw and build on the win yesterday.
his attackin laois peeple

on the hop

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on June 11, 2023, 11:46:30 AM
He's trying to create a siege mentality for the players. Hopefully they get a nice draw and build on the win yesterday.

i think Limerick possibly would be the best draw, Antrim and Meath would be slightly tougher away from home. Timmons would be a big loss as he is nearly our top scorer at the moment !!!!.

Spiritof86

The lads played with a lot of fight and determination yesterday like they've doing all year . Last weekend against London been the exception. Thought our tackling was better yesterday and in fairness to Lillis  he was on it from the start . Fermanagh folk genuinely expected to win yesterday . Maybe it translated into there players .

Timmons will be a huge loss if he's not available next week . He's the real leader of that team .
Whatever happens Billy won't be around next year  . As someone said the problems lay elsewhere.
Limerick wouldn't be the worst draw.

Joeythelips

His comments were another sign he is not good enough to be an inter county coach. Siege mentality guff is the stuff of 90s GAA club management.
He is responsible for preparing the squad for each match and having presided over abject failure the past 2 seasons he has a pop at critics when they have a decent result. Like all on here I hope Laois win the thing out but I don't think they will as although they are limited they are also hamstrung by having, in my opinion, a poor inter county management team.

georgedoylesrightleg

feel for plauers, we're laffing stock again. terrible

on the hop

So Limerick it is , probably the best of the draws. They have won two of their three games so much the same level.

Joeythelips

Quote from: on the hop on June 12, 2023, 08:47:28 AM
So Limerick it is , probably the best of the draws. They have won two of their three games so much the same level.

Yep, best draw we could have got. As you say 2 sides at essentially the same level and if Laois can beat Fermanagh they can beat Limerick. I think the GAA need to take a look at this tournament and run it similar to the Joe McDonagh Cup in hurling so the winners not only go up to AI series next year but they and finalists get a title at the AI that year. Otherwise it will end up like Tommy Murphy cup where squads get him by players heading to US etc. It was indicated on Sunday Game that Offaly had lost a few before Wexfords for this very reason.

Tier2

Best possible draw hopefully the players can push on after the year they have had with the current manager they deserve a few good Days out.

Hopefully Billy doesn't make this about him again and allows the players to enjoy the build up

Chrimtain

As Evan O'Carroll says, this Laois panel are a genuine bunch of lads. It would be great if they could overcome Limerick.

Laois Rising

Momentum of win at weekend should stand to Laois going into the Limerick game. Limerick threw their game last week and therefore should be well rested leading into next weekend's game. You'd imagine there will not be too much between the sides. Timmons will be a massive lost. O'Flynn could come in and hopefully give a performance. He is someone who looked to have all the attributes a few years back and it hasn't quiet taken off for him yet at intercounty level. Colm Murphy returning from injury has certainly improved our forward line. We are playing with four scoring threats and Finn and Lowry are working hard for the team to round out the six forwards. For all the criticism of Billy I liked the set up of the team at the weekend-granted Fermanagh going down to 14 men was a huge help in the second half as they visibly tired themselves in the last quarter. Also had they taken that guilt edged goal chance that rattled the crossbar you'd have feared for Laois. Get our tactics/set up right next weekend and we could be looking at a Tailteann Cup semi-final. Getting the mother and father of all shocks against London may have been the wake up call that this management and players needed. 

recyclebin

Mayo playing Cork in Limerick on Sunday. Wonder will it be double header?

Spiritof86

3pm Saturday . Stand alone fixture . Live on GAAGO

clonadmad

Nice to know Stephen and Alan from Laois Today are on here contributing

This weeks podcast well worth a listen to

They went in depth on Sheehans rant which they had audio of

High Fielder

Billy needs to let off steam. Always did. It's no big deal for me. He's the kinda fella that would fight with his own shadow.

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on June 13, 2023, 07:51:35 PM
Billy needs to let off steam. Always did. It's no big deal for me. He's the kinda fella that would fight with his own shadow.

Supporters that aren't turning up
Media
The clubs
County board delegates
Hurling club delegates
Underage club hurling coaches
And the Laois section on GAA board

All got it

As rants go it was impressive and it  gave the 2 lads a good 10 mins on their podcast