Club Hurling in Armagh

Started by Applesisapples, August 10, 2010, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offthefence

eire ogs carrickmore stuffed cuchullains 7-11 to 3-10 and only for a few mistakes they would never have had 3 goals, well done 2 keady on reaching senior final

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Mr.T on October 10, 2010, 09:31:08 PM
did i hear correct that Cuchulainns got tanked today against C'more?
i left at HT and they were 1pt down and hurling well - what happened?
Quote from: offthefence on October 10, 2010, 11:38:07 PM
eire ogs carrickmore stuffed cuchullains 7-11 to 3-10 and only for a few mistakes they would never have had 3 goals, well done 2 keady on reaching senior final

I think you were sitting behind me, we actually came out and scored a goal to go 2 up after ht, the game was very tight up until the last ten minutes, the game turned on a strange refereeing decision. the Cuchulainns had a sideline on the 65 and took it too short, the ref blew it up and gave a FREE from the spot were the player received the short sideline, the free was dropped into the square and buried by carrickmore. In saying that the tyrone side were far more up for the fight and over the 60 minutes the better team and fully deserved their win and I hope they go on and win the final as they are an Armagh League team.

thewanderer

spirit does that mean the county final was a flash in the pan as keady would have tanked c,more im sure. big set back or a one off?

thewanderer

spirit just browsed the derry board there. i take it keady are in for some tanking now from loughgiel ? or is it just hard cheese.

BenDover

Quote from: thewanderer on October 11, 2010, 11:01:24 AM
spirit does that mean the county final was a flash in the pan as keady would have tanked c,more im sure. big set back or a one off?
I think since the county final the heart just wasn't in it for the boys but in saying that i didn't expect to see them beat by 14points

Armagh Cúchulainns

Quote from: BenDover on October 11, 2010, 11:22:33 AM
I think since the county final the heart just wasn't in it for the boys but in saying that i didn't expect to see them beat by 14points

A mixture of a few small problems added to the performance, missing goalkeeper and a couple of players played that werent fit but just a bad ten minutes saw carrickmore take the game, would agree with spirits assessment.

Good luck to Keady and Carrickmore in their respective finals.
Its all about the Hurling.

Mr.T

what do the cuchulainns fellas think about going into the ulster champ after getting beat in the armagh champ?
from a camlough point of view i think we found it hard to get up for it after the disappointment of the armagh champ. ur heart just doesn't be in it for a week or 2.
i think if we were playing anyone other than a weakened coleraine team in the ulster 1/4 final we'd have got beat. it took us until half time in the iniskeen game to start playing again.
did u's find this too? or are we unmotivated hures!!?
I pity the fool!

Mr.T

I pity the fool!

nrico2006

I don't think Keady would tank Carrickmore to be honest, wouldn't be much between them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 11, 2010, 03:13:42 PM

I don't think Keady would tank Carrickmore to be honest, wouldn't be much between them.

Agreed, Keady/carrickmore would be tight. A four point defeat in a county final a flash in the pan, what you on about.

UGAAWA

Ulster Gaels' big night out!

Tickets are now on sale for the 23rd Ulster GAA Writers' Association Banquet which will be held this year in the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co Cavan.

The Quinn Insurance Ulster GAA Writers Banquet is the only awards ceremony that honours players from all codes as well as grass-roots Gaels.

There is plenty to celebrate this year with Down's run to the All-Ireland SFC final, Tyrone lifting the minor title, Antrim's hurlers regaining their place amongst the sport's big guns, Armagh's rise up the hurling ranks, St Galls' march to All Ireland glory, the ladies of Tyrone and Donegal on the All Ireland stage, Paul Brady continuing to set the world handball benchmark and the Saffron camógs' All Ireland among the Ulster success stories.

As usual a star-studded guest list from all codes will celebrate all that is good in Gaelic games in the province. Tickets are priced £50 or €60 and are available by contacting Tony McGee at tony.mcgee@btinternet.com or visit www.ulstergaawriters.com for full details.

Accommodation in the Slieve Russell Hotel can be booked here: www.slieverussell.ie. Click here for a list of alternative accommodation in the area:  http://www.irishtourist.com/directory/accommodation/north/cavan/

Applesisapples

Good luck to Keady on Sunday, if winker doesn't play or true to form gets the line, ye never know.

Harold Disgracey

Keady getting beat 0-10 to 0-5 ht. Keady playing a lot better than I thought they would.

Harold Disgracey

Think Keady are going to get beat. Now 1-21 to 0-6!

Harold Disgracey

Shooting in match in the second half. Keady only scored one point. Final score Loughgiel 2-24 Kead 0-6!