Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Its Kerry v Roscommon next Sunday and all Rossies hope we can give a good account of ourselves in what will be our biggest challenge so far, Kerry seem to be flying these last few Sundays and Ros have lost their last 2 games against a very ordinary Mayo team and the super all conquering Dubs.

From the Bunker

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM
Its Kerry v Roscommon next Sunday and all Rossies hope we can give a good account of ourselves in what will be our biggest challenge so far, Kerry seem to be flying these last few Sundays and Ros have lost their last 2 games against a very ordinary Mayo team and the super all conquering Dubs.

Rossies biggest challenge so far was staying in Division One. This is bonus territory. Bonus territory with a Caveat! Don't get hammered by Kerry or Dublin! 

Shrewdness

As it` s Kerry we`re playing, I hope we can depend on the backing of the Dublin supporters next week.

manfromdelmonte

After the shenanigans today?

Surely this will be played in Limerick?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 03, 2016, 08:28:52 PM
As it` s Kerry we`re playing, I hope we can depend on the backing of the Dublin supporters next week.

Most of the Dubs will be on the Luas, on buses, on the Dart or in the Pub when ye are playing. Most of the Kerry support will be in Kerry so ye'll still out number them anyway.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 03, 2016, 08:28:52 PM

We're grand as we are.

Rossfan

Everybody hates us but we don't care for we are Ros !!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I'm assuming common sense will apply (big assumption at times within the GAA I know!) and this will be played in Ennis or Limerick?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on April 04, 2016, 12:10:06 AM
I'm assuming common sense will apply (big assumption at times within the GAA I know!) and this will be played in Ennis or Limerick?

What about the corporate boxes?

Syferus

Hopefully Croker. Like feck many Kerry supporters will be travelling anywhere for what they assume will be the slaughter of a minnow.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Syferus on April 04, 2016, 12:15:13 AM

Hopefully Croker. Like feck many Kerry supporters will be travelling anywhere for what they assume will be the slaughter of a minnow.

No, you'd get a big crowd travelling if it's on in Limerick say alright. Ask the Mayo lads.. :P

The semis of League don't  have to be in Croker as far as I'm aware do they? Would get a decent crowd for this game alone, plus the Dublin v Donegal game I'd think?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

ashman

The royal canal and the tolka will burst their banks and Croker will be unplayable .

The game will be moved to the mountains in Donnycarney.

The Rossies will have their greatest day since 2006 in Ennis.

Two league wins in 2016 = revenge for 1980 in today's prices .

Shrewdness

If Ros and Kerry play in Limerick, then Dublin v Donegal should be played
at a neutral venue too....and as luck would have it, I believe that Hyde Park is available  8)

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 04, 2016, 07:29:10 AM
If Ros and Kerry play in Limerick, then Dublin v Donegal should be played
at a neutral venue too....and as luck would have it, I believe that Hyde Park is available  8)
True.
I'd say some Dubs saw more of the country last weekend than in their entire lives